eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid needs a big publicity drive to entice disgruntled eBayers as thousands have left

Forum Newbie
    View Shifty55's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Shifty55
    View Shifty55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy eBid needs a big publicity drive to entice disgruntled eBayers as thousands have left

As you can see in the eBay forums thousands of sellers feel they have been let down by eBay.
    Ms. Whitman’s (ex CEO of eBay) vision ended five years ago (2008) when John Donahoe took over eBay as CEO. Now, eBay’s mission is to connect corporations with consumers and boost eBay’s stock price. - See more at: http://www.antiquetrader.com/antique....AbACT1Y7.dpuf.

The way sellers are being treated is unbelievable eBay have stripped them of any recourse or protection against bad buyers and scamers using eBay, its just unbelievable that a seller who pays to list on eBay are treated like this, and I think eBid have a good opening to entice ex eBay sellers to join eBid and make it grow into what many auction sellers want, a friendly selling platform for the private sellers and buyers, in fact that's how eBay started out, and look how successful it was, but sadly eBay have lost the plot and only want business sellers and buy it now listings, what a shame, that cooperate greed has done to a once great business model.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid needs a big publicity drive to entice disgruntled eBayers as thousands have

If things are so bad over on E££Y....then, i'm sure that all of these unhappy sellers would have and will be flocking to Ebid....without Ebid having to promote themselves....i find it hard to imagine that all of these aren't already aware that Ebid exists.

Of course ...meanwhile over on E££Y seller central we have the same old voices instructing anyone who'll listen that Ebid has "no buyers"....this isn't true....the truth is that Ebid hasn't enough sellers to service these visitors.

The fact is these E££Y sellers that you mention are so set in their ways and brainwashed that they'll carry on sucking it up over there. I'm not so certain if E££Y have really lost the plot as they seem to do quite well for themselves and their share holders. In fac i'm sue that Ebid would like to entice many more business sellers to this site too.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid needs a big publicity drive to entice disgruntled eBayers as thousands have

Things have been bad for sellers on eBay for ages, and this has never amounted to the exodus of sellers to eBid, that would seem feasible. The factors that made eBay a success in the past, have been blatantly abandoned by them. Like low bid start, no reserve, free/low shipping, etc. Bidding wars are not typical on eBid, and BIN listings are the listing pattern of choice here.

These sellers are going somewhere; more than likely to places that advertise themselves. eBid would certainly like to attract more business sellers here. Business sellers need buyers, and eBid is not over run with buyers at the moment.

As a seller from the USA, I would have to say that sales here for me have been very few and far between. The atmosphere on eBid also appears to be changing, unless it is my imagination. Sales have always been slower for the average USA seller here than those from UK. But the changes noticed are not going to help.

Removal of all the participating nations from the area below was the first thing noticed. Noticeable decline in USA forum participants. Total value of listings from > 5 Billion to < 2 Billion. Also reportedly 85% of eBid listings on Google are UK listings. Not sure of the accuracy of this statement as I have not checked. But if this is true, it would explain why sales are better in the UK.

With these changes, it would seem to make sense for eBid to target UK disgruntled eBay Sellers. But in doing this; it might be wise not to make the same mistakes that eBay has made.

Forum Newbie
    View gal5759's Feedback (+1)
    All-About gal5759
    View gal5759's Listings
    Forum Posts

As one of those disgruntled sellers from the other site, I will talk up eBid when I make my first sale or 2. As I am not one of the folks who make a living on the sale of my items, I can afford to wait a while to see if my change to eBid will become fruitful. I can tell you this tho, I absolutely will never sell on the other site again.

I joined this site in September. I purposefully stayed away from "the other site" after reading all the horror stories, seeing the fees and regs. However, I'm reading from other sellers here much frustration. In 6 weeks I have not had one sale, despite my listings saying there have been many views. Any suggestions or encouragement is much appreciated!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am unable to give any advice as apparently you do not sell to England, therefore I can't access your listings.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpringzzEternal View Post
    I joined this site in September. I purposefully stayed away from "the other site" after reading all the horror stories, seeing the fees and regs. However, I'm reading from other sellers here much frustration. In 6 weeks I have not had one sale, despite my listings saying there have been many views. Any suggestions or encouragement is much appreciated!
    Some things that you can check you have done - or try if you haven't. The following is taken from my now defunct help pages so some links may not work.

There is nothing I can tell you that will guarantee you sales, but here are a few tips that can increase your chances:
    • Avoid listing as Run Until Sold or n days from First Bid, as both leave your listings at the bottom of default search results.[1]
    • Include a BuyNow price in your listings to make them eligible for upload to Google - many sales come from there.
    • Include as many relevant keywords in your item titles as possible. This will increase their chances of being found during searches.
    • Make your descriptions sufficiently detailed. Ask yourself what you would want to know if you were buying the item.
    • Use good and in focus images of a reasonable size (optimum size is 800 x 800 pixels). A tiny and/or blurred image puts off buyers.
    • Ensure that you include Product Identifiers in your listings - or claim a Google exemption for each item that has none.
    • Consider using a listing type that includes a thumbnail image in search/browsing results; it is widely felt that buyers pass by those without.
    • Make your items available to overseas buyers (if you do not already). Do not ignore potential markets for your items.
    • Complete your eBid My All About Me page giving potential customers information about yourself, your sales/returns policies, etc.
    • Promote eBid whenever and wherever the opportunity arises (and even when and where it does not). Try to bring in customers.
    • Without 'spamming' and upsetting people - try and let any previous customers know that you are now selling on eBid.
    • Print up some eBid stickers to affix to all your parcels and envelopes. Spread the word. Postal workers are buyers too. [2][3]
    • If you have feedback earned on other selling sites, consider requesting eBid import it to get your feedback started.
    • Maybe make some small purchases to get your feedback above zero.[4] Feedback over 5 removes the 'newbie' sunglasses icon.
    • Make use of your forums signature to add links directing other forum users to your store(s) or your My All About Me page.[5]
    • If you are into Social Networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.), make use them to promote your items for sale.
    • Use the Plug Your Auctions forum to advertise your wares and any special offers you are running.[6]
    • Several fellow eBid users have pages for free promotion of your stores (mine here); take advantage of them to increase your visibility.

Notes:
    [1] These listing formats can be very useful to some sellers, but you should understand their drawbacks before using them.
    [2] To download a MS Word document (.doc) to print 21 eBid stickers on an A4 sheet (e.g. Avery® J8160 - 21 x 63.5 mm x 38.1 mm) visit the eBid Resources page.
    [3] To download a 6 x 4 inch (15 x 10 cm) eBid advertising image (JPG format) suitable for printing on to postcards visit the eBid Resources page.
    [4] The monthly YDC charity events are a good way to start your feedback off while, at the same time, having some fun and helping a worthy cause.
    [5] Do not link to individual items in your forums signature as that would breach eBid's rules. Use the Plug Your Auctions forum for individual item promotion.
    [6] You are allowed only one thread in the Plug Your Auctions forum to promote your sales and may only 'bump' (to raise to the top of the thread list by posting a new message to your own thread) your thread once in every 24 hours. If you want to create a new thread delete the old one first and then create the new one - this counts as your daily bump. Do not plug your items in any other forum. Violation of these conditions can result in your thread(s) being deleted and you being suspended (or banned for repeated infractions) from using the forums.
    Last edited by astral276; 7th February 2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fixed some links

Thank you for your help and advice! I will go over all the info as soon as I can. I'm not very techie and online selling is very new to me, although I've been buying on the "other site" for many years. It's interesting to read your statement "make some small purchases", meaning buy something from myself? If it works, I'll try it! I'm using social media, just beginning with the business page but not sure how to increase followers. There is an ebid facebook page, have you had any luck with that or any other user group? Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I'll be sure to add you to my favorites. (or I guess I should spell favourites ;-) -) Just curious, why is your help page "defunct"? So many rules to get to know...

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpringzzEternal View Post
    Thank you for your help and advice! I will go over all the info as soon as I can. I'm not very techie and online selling is very new to me, although I've been buying on the "other site" for many years. It's interesting to read your statement "make some small purchases", meaning buy something from myself? If it works, I'll try it! I'm using social media, just beginning with the business page but not sure how to increase followers. There is an ebid facebook page, have you had any luck with that or any other user group? Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I'll be sure to add you to my favorites. (or I guess I should spell favourites ;-) -) Just curious, why is your help page "defunct"? So many rules to get to know...
    No you don't buy from yourself you buy from other members.

It won't work and you are liable to get barred from using the site.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

When I joined eBay many years ago it was great but not anymore it has steadily gone down hill for small business and also sellers who just want to get rid of a few items around the home. Giving precedence to the big business has disgruntled many of their members. . I joined Ebid a while back now but to be honest have not gone about the selling of items wholeheartedly. Now however I am taking the time to look at a lot of videos on you tube put on by eEbid and a huge thank you to Astral27 for the video on how to list an item using ninja lister., particularly how to choose the category. Just bought myself a shop banner (on here of course) for one of my shops and about to get some new business cards printed with my Ebid details. Resurrecting my Ebid T Shirt to wear out and about when I am shopping so people get the message and if they ask will have my business cards to hand out. Also tinkering with the idea of doing a fancy shopping bag and embroidering something like "Ëbid the place to be", I also believe that where possible listing to sell overseas is a must as it will get your items seen globally. Guess I shall be busy over the weekend and several weeks to come and I want the Australia Ebid to start growing .
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Thread Information