eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image Rotation

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Image Rotation

As many people use mobile devices and cameras that include orientation data within the image that is ignored by eBid the facility within My Gallery to rotate images would be useful. If the desire exists other basic image manipulations could be added.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Image Rotation

i second this please
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As many people use mobile devices and cameras that include orientation data within the image that is ignored by eBid the facility within My Gallery to rotate images would be useful. If the desire exists other basic image manipulations could be added.
    A decent crop facility would also be welcome. The existing one only squares up the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    A decent crop facility would also be welcome. The existing one only squares up the picture.
    Good thinking, would also help if the big picture could be cropped as well to get rid of the logo in one go

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Good thinking, would also help if the big picture could be cropped as well to get rid of the logo in one go
    In other words, we need a DECENT editing facility

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    In other words, we need a DECENT editing facility
    I always prepare my images in a photo editing program before I try to list items. If you don't have one, there are a number available for free download.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I always prepare my images in a photo editing program before I try to list items. If you don't have one, there are a number available for free download.
    I use Picassa and most of my images are edited ready to upload. But there are times that, for what reason or another, I need to edit after uploading.

(It's known as forgetfulness)

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Yes, you can do that. With many cameras on digital devices there is no 'right way up' for an image though; 'right way up' being defined by the orientation of the device at any given moment. The provision of a rotate option in My Gallery would cater for those who come to the forums (and those who don't but just leave bemused) that don't understand why all their images are ' the wrong way up' and how to correct it.

I'm not advocating a full blown graphics editor, just the most basic of operations such as rotation and maybe crop (the latter already existing in one form so should not require much work to implement fully for use on all images).

As more and more people use mobile devices to photograph their items the rotation issue can only increase.

Not an issue for me personally, I use an all singing all dancing commercial graphics editor. I was thinking of those that may be a bit less savvy on such matters.
    Last edited by astral276; 27th September 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Even though I agree that more image edit facilities would be good, I'd welcome just being able to use the present ones.

It's convenient to upload straight from the camera card, even though I could use any of several image editors locally. But I'm restricted to the basic uploader. The fancier one requires that I have .jpg files, not .JPG files, and on an operating system that is case sensitive I can't use the advanced one because it doesn't list the files.

Surely it must be easy for eBid to fix this?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Surely it must be easy for eBid to fix this?
    Have you reported it separately as a glitch to try and get the problem actioned?

Thread Information