...and I do not have kids.

I saw Marvel Universe Live this weekend at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA. The story behind the events is a like comic book story brought to life, a best they can is a live and small stage. The story is told in 5 parts. The heroes and the problem are introduced in the first part. In the next three parts, the heroes break into three team and battle the villains. In final act, all the heroes and villains come together for the climatic battle.

The heroes, of course, and many of the most popular Marvel heroes from their movies - Spider-man, the Avengers, and some X-men. The introduction scenes are a little slow, but they are needed to set the stage. Once the heroes break into their teams the fun begins. I give the performers their due for the stunts, wire work, and performances. Some of the things they do are pretty cool. Other times I felt the scenes dragged a bit. The dialogue, as it were, could use some work. The stage they perform on is pretty small, so it most cases, its pretty impressive what they are able to do.

I would say its very enjoyable for kids, maybe up to 12 or 13. Seeing Spider-man hand from the ceiling on a wire was pretty neat. As was some of the other students, like flipping a jeep or the guy who was on fine. Likewise, I was impressed with the motor cycle choreography - having a cycle chase scene on half a stage had to be tough, and again kudos to the performers for getting right with all that was going on. The performers seemed to be a combo of stunts rider, acrobats, actor, and stuntmen. Great admiration for their skill set they had to display to make the show work.

The sales pressure there was unbelievable. Between the kids, the food, and the toys being sold, I doubt a family of four could get away with spending less than $300 - which seem like a lot of money. For many people that can be several days pay.

I'm not sure if I had two or three kids that I would take them because of the combined cost. I could go because I was just taking myself. Of course kids want to go, but do not feel bad if you choose not to take them. It was a fun to see, not a must see.