Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

Cool Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

My Personal Campaign to promote Ebid (note I have no shares!) Please shop and talk to me - want to make this website work out and happy to get involved to improve... fed up with ebay they are too big for their boots!

Hello. Don't see many bad comments on ebid, although I am quite new to this website. Really to be honest came here as desperately looking to get away from ebay who both overcharge smaller sellers (meaning I hardly made anything there despite hard work pleasing buyers, following rules etc.) and after one on my several above standard sites dipped below standard due to a couple of very nasty unpleasant buyers (2 out of 690 buyers!) stopped from selling on one site and after fighting with ebay for 4 years I can bareley sell at all! Ebay are dishonest robbers, in my personal opinion who exploit both small and larger sellers only for profit. Protecting buyers is good but they do not reward hard work and otherwise good performance.

My advice, lease ebay as a matter of good conscience and give the ebids community (whish I see is full of people similar to myself in some of these views) give us a chance to sell you some honest fair bargins.

Simon ☺

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fed up with ebay lets promote ebid

No one searches Twitter, Facebook, or gGogle+ or any other social media site for products to buy, they use normal bing and google searches or head straight to eBay/Amazon to do internal searches, and people live with their heads in the clouds if they think otherwise.

If you want to waste your time and energy for zero results with google shopping and social media and use banners to your store on eBid on other websites, blogs etc. you may have and have zero results for your work, time and energy, then you can use the banners I created here that are targeted at shoppers not sellers like eBid's banners are if you ever get to see them as they do appear once in a blue moon online at places like MeetMe, Match.com etc.:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...paper-websites

If you do want to be on google shopping then you're not allowed to have your name/business name/logo on your images, and this is a violation of your legally given copyright for images that you have actually created yourself. You have the legal right to display your name/business name/logo on all images that you have created of items for your listings and google are breaking the law by stripping you of this legally given right by forcing you to remove such identifications from your images that you have created as such identifications are there to promote you, your business, and are an identification of the creator of the images for the protection of those said images and to prevent the unlawful use of your images. If someone wishes to use your images then they must write to you to ask your permission, which has to be done in written form on paper not via email etc. I do love my 12+ years experience in music industry business, management, A&R, marketing/advertising, sound engineering, remixing and producing..

Also, after you have wasted your time and energy on following all the petty rules for google shopping, an unnecessary paid for service, when your items appear on normal bing/google searches for free anyway, if eBid see you are getting plenty of views and very little sales they will stop uploading you to google shopping like the lack of sales is your fault for eBid not advertising their website appropriately.. Good luck to you though, maybe you'll have more luck with all the same old tired advice from other sellers that doesn't work for the larger majority..

“Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either." - Rokin, Rokin's Toys
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where are all the zero feedback buyers coming from?
    Ive had loads this year as have others
    ive had sales via pinterest and facebook plus my own blog
    Ive also had a few buyers come over from tos after ive told them about ebid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post

You have the legal right to display your name/business name/logo on all images that you have created of items for your listings and google are breaking the law by stripping you of this legally given right by forcing you to remove such identifications from your images that you have created as such identifications are there to promote you, your business, and are an identification of the creator of the images for the protection of those said images and to prevent the unlawful use of your images.
    What garbage. Google are not breaking any law or removing any of your rights. If you want to put logos or whatever on your images then do so - Google can't stop you and they wouldn't even try. What they can do, and have every right to do, is refuse to accept such images on their site. That leaves you a choice; if you want your items on GS then you comply with their rules. If you refuse to make your data compliant then you don't get on GS.

No different to me refusing to let people wear muddy boots into my house. I am not taking away their right to wear muddy boots, simply exercising my right not to have them in my house.

As you maintain GS is an irrelevance anyway... why is it an issue to you?

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

My zero feedback buyers have all come from normal google/bing searches, the listing I had on eBay, and some collectors pointing other collectors to me via collector/fan site forums, but it has not delivered any sustainable growth for me on eBid, sales are still few and nothing to be excited about. My original point being, and for the large part, social media brings zero results for a lot of sellers which tends to be a majority. Just because social media works to some limited degree for a x amount of a small number of sellers, it proves and means nothing to the majority it doesn't work for at all hence all these endless threads about sales/promoting month after month after month because a lot of those sellers come here expecting loads of sales in days of being here and they are left disappointed when a month after joining they still have not sold anything despite being on social media, it works for some, but not for all, something that people need to take into consideration. Anyone can sit there and say their sales have come from here and there, what good does that serve for the sellers whom get no sales via social media despite them working hard at it? What people need to learn, realise and understand is, what may work for some albeit in limited capacity for the most part, doesn't always work for others
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 4th September 2014 at 10:19 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Using analytics shows that almost 50% of my buyers come from Google Shopping. Sure we would all like to see a big advertising campaign for eBid, but we all know it is not going to happen. As it is sellers have to use what eBid does offer and if they can get the eBid name and their own items known about in any way they can. While banners etc might not bring in massive sales, surely it helps. The more the eBid name is seen the better, it might just arouse the curiosity in a few more potential buyers to take a look and see what eBid is. The sales are there, and hopefully Christmas will be a turning point for a few sellers and eBid as well.

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Using analytics shows that almost 50% of my buyers come from Google Shopping. Sure we would all like to see a big advertising campaign for eBid, but we all know it is not going to happen. As it is sellers have to use what eBid does offer and if they can get the eBid name and their own items known about in any way they can. While banners etc might not bring in massive sales, surely it helps. The more the eBid name is seen the better, it might just arouse the curiosity in a few more potential buyers to take a look and see what eBid is. The sales are there, and hopefully Christmas will be a turning point for a few sellers and eBid as well.
    That's part of the reason I created some banners for people to be free to use wherever they want to use them, either a direct link to their store on eBid or a direct link to the eBid home page for their specific country. And creating banners focused more on shoppers rather than attracting sellers, but ultimately, the banners are seen by both buyers and sellers, but always better to focus on the shoppers. It is why I asked eBid for permission to use their logo to make sure it is present and give shoppers some clue as to what eBid is and in general what is available but there is just so many categories to choose from so went with some of the most popular that should appeal more to shoppers in general.

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    What garbage. Google are not breaking any law or removing any of your rights. If you want to put logos or whatever on your images then do so - Google can't stop you and they wouldn't even try. What they can do, and have every right to do, is refuse to accept such images on their site. That leaves you a choice; if you want your items on GS then you comply with their rules. If you refuse to make your data compliant then you don't get on GS.

No different to me refusing to let people wear muddy boots into my house. I am not taking away their right to wear muddy boots, simply exercising my right not to have them in my house.

As you maintain GS is an irrelevance anyway... why is it an issue to you?
    I got interrupted before, important phone call, I meant to say "breaking copyright law" in the sense of not allowing you to protect what you have created with google basically giving you a "choice" that should not exist in the first place. Some sellers might be happy to allow their images to be freely used by anyone wherever, but some sellers will not want this and it is their legal right to protect their images. I do not care if my items are on google shopping or not, makes no difference to me because I know it is a pointless paid for service when items appear free on normal google and bing searches anyway, but there will be sellers who will want the option to be on google but will also want to protect the images they have created of the items they are selling and that is their legally given right so google are saying no, you cannot do this if you want to use our service then your images have to be logo etc. free which is just wrong. The choice shouldn't exist between protecting images you have created or being on their service. What harm does the name/business name/logo do? No harm at all. It is just google being petty. If no logo etc. appears on your images then people automatically assume your images are copyright free and free to use when they are not copyright free and free to use. I sure do not want my competitors using my images of items that they are listing somewhere else which is why my shop name always appears on my images and google has no right to take that away from me or any other seller. Whether I want to be on google shopping or not is irrelevant, it is a principal of the legal right to protect your images with a logo etc. to prevent the use of those said images by other parties which google are taking away from you if you want to be listed on their paid for service. If I was on google shopping, and took the shop name off my images, then my images would be used by other sellers on other sites and I do not want that as a few other sellers will not want that, so they have to make a choice that should not exist or be an issue in the first place. Just google being petty.

I am not sure about Google shopping, it does generate sales but I am not convinced that it is economical. Two of my recent sales, I know, have come through GS, one of them generated eBid 40p in fees but had over 200 views, I dont know how much each click costs but it will have eaten into that meagre 40p, even if only half the views came from GS.

I try to be selective about the items I make eligible for GS, only putting low value items on there if I think there could be interest. Although, if items are not advertised on GS it could reduce the chance of them selling, I do understand why eBid are concerned about the cost, I am not convinced, myself, that GS is economically sound.

As a buyer, I dont think I ever looked at GS before I came to eBid, to me it just seemed to duplicate all the other search results, so its quite reasonable to think that others dont look at it either.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to admit, when I'm searching for something, I don't think about using Google Shopping at all.

Thread Information