Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid mentioned in selling story

Default eBid mentioned in selling story

A story regarding selling unwanted clutter in the Daily Mail. As usual eBay is the main example, but first on the list of other venues is eBid. Will post a comment to plug eBid a bit more, feel free to give a thumbs up when I do and add your own comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...oard-cash.html

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid mentioned in selling story

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for this - have left a comment, not sure if it will work and not sure if it's the best thing I could have said - but typed it off the top of my head and will now spend time wishing I'd said things differently. Oh, well, such is life!

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    A story regarding selling unwanted clutter in the Daily Mail. As usual eBay is the main example, but first on the list of other venues is eBid. Will post a comment to plug eBid a bit more, feel free to give a thumbs up when I do and add your own comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...oard-cash.html
    Given your comment a thumbs up.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gave you a thumbs up, too. I'm surprised a British paper wouldn't make more mention of eBid (as eBid is a UK site) than eBay.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thumbs up from me

Anybody from eBid who reads this thread.

Please e-mail the guy that wrote the article, not difficult to find (just Google it), if you still can't find it - ask me, I have it.

Introduce yourself, give him your contact details should he have any further similar articles that may need some comment or clarification. These guys write to deadlines, they often can't get hold of anyone in the industry and they share contact info with other journalists. There could be well be a future relevant article about online selling where they are working to an extremely tight deadline - who they gonna call? They call the person that is going to pick up the phone.

They seem to run similar stories to this on a regular basis. maybe if eBid could feed them a story, either direct from eBid towers or via a seller on here then it would get published. Maybe something for Christmas, they might run something on the best place to get your Christmas gifts and other stuff.

My comment is currently top of the pile.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doesn't the daily Mail run this type of article every 9 months or so?....while reading it, it seemed to be a blatant advert for Ebay....i'm in no doubt that by throwing them this article they're perhaps hoping to attract a slice of this monsters advertising budget?.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Doesn't the daily Mail run this type of article every 9 months or so?....while reading it, it seemed to be a blatant advert for Ebay....i'm in no doubt that by throwing them this article they're perhaps hoping to attract a slice of this monsters advertising budget?.
    It is a regular 'feature'. There will be one in January about how to get rid of unwanted Christmas presents. But at least they are now mentioning eBid as part of the feature. If somebody from eBid towers can get in touch then maybe next time eBid could get more of a mention. They might even do a feature on a slack news day.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    I put a reply on there yesterday evening about the charity auctions on eBid, have just looked, its not on there and its not accepting any more comments, so I think you may be right.

Thread Information