eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Countries with embargoes

Default Re: Countries with embargoes

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Are you positive that coins that sending Cuban coins from communist era into the US is not illegal?
    Best bet is to contact your customs and ask them about the Cuban coins. They will tell you if you can send them using their original currency description and value. If not you can try to just declare them as Numismatic Collectibles and hope they get through. If they are inspected they more than likely will be confiscated.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anything from Syria, Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, and anything else that is flavour of month, I delete us and ca from my international shipping list.

I believe that what the US government says, and what Paypal does are different.
    Paypal extend a blanket ban because it is "impractical" for them to tell whether a coin is from before or after a ban came into force.

If you are selling a sedan chair, be careful not to call it a sudan chair, or paypal may freeze your account.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

terry5732, thanks, I'll have a look at that file. I skimmed, but it's very long, so I'll have to look later.

Copperlocker and billsbooks, what I've read so far of the rules doesn't make sense to me ... sounds like a whole lot of bureaucratic nonsense. I don't want to take a chance of going afoul of the rules for a few dollars.

Sues ... always nice to 'see' ya.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    terry5732, thanks, I'll have a look at that file. I skimmed, but it's very long, so I'll have to look later.

Copperlocker and billsbooks, what I've read so far of the rules doesn't make sense to me ... sounds like a whole lot of bureaucratic nonsense. I don't want to take a chance of going afoul of the rules for a few dollars.

Sues ... always nice to 'see' ya.
    I hear you when it comes down to not wanting to deal with any bureaucratic agencies. I used to ship abroad and would declare it as numismatic collectibles on the form. Fortunately there was never an issue, but its good to know what customs allows and rejects.

Thread Information