eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Handbags Are Allowed To Be Sold On Ebid??

Default Re: Which Handbags Are Allowed To Be Sold On Ebid??

I've just cleared my main mailbox. The obvious "spam" which escapes the filter I usually bin without looking, but I had one from "bespoke offers" (a subsidiary of Barclaycard) and something in the banner caught my attention so I glanced at the mail.

The offer I had noted proved of no interest but I found the following, strangely enough:

Tiffany-inspired Sterling silver-plated bangle for £13.99 instead of £69.99 (+P&P*)

Well...if this is how Barclay's solve the problem it should be good enough for others...

Default Re: Which Handbags Are Allowed To Be Sold On Ebid??

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I'm sure that in law no manufacturer could prevent me from selling my property, even if they made it in the first place.
    Once bought, the title is mine and the manufacturer is out of the picture.

Unfortunately, there are so many fakes about, and some of high quality, that everyone assumes a used item is a fake. It seems the owner has to prove it isn't - a reversal of the usual "innocent until proven guilty".

The problem is that manufacturers allow fakes to be made and imported, when they have enough financial and political clout to prevent it, wherever it happens. If they can be bothered take action against an auction-site seller with one or a few items, they certainly can against a foreign maker or UK importer with thousands.

One wonders if manufacturers want the proliferation of fakes as a sort of advertising, keeping their name in the public eye and promoting aspiration.

Spot-on, quern. The only problem would be this or any other site that complies with same external strong arm.

Thread Information