eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Handbags Are Allowed To Be Sold On Ebid??

Forum Newbie
    All-About ladeda
    View ladeda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Which Handbags Are Allowed To Be Sold On Ebid??

It sounds like you were trying to sell a counterfeit Gucci. IT IS ILLEGAL to sell counterfeits of ANY kind. Whether it be a handbag or a movie. It is ILLEGAL.

Once you have purchased an item, you can in fact sell it no matter HOW you try to sell it. Just don't try to sell counterfeit. If and only if you purchased the handbag NEW FROM GUCCI, that is the ONLY way you can be assured it is authentic.

I have heard of Coach, mostly Coach try and stop people from purchasing large amounts of product for resale. And yes, they can stop you.

If you try to sell counterfeits 'anything' you can end up in federal prison and be subject to hefty fines. And stating that you didn't know it was counterfeit or that you didn't know you could get into trouble is NOT a way of getting out of it!

[QUOTE=ladeda;1617476]It sounds like you were trying to sell a counterfeit Gucci. IT IS ILLEGAL to sell counterfeits of ANY kind. Whether it be a handbag or a movie. It is ILLEGAL.

***Thanks for your response! I did not buy the handbag from a Gucci store. The purse had Gucci markings on the inside and the outside of the purse. It is a very nice quality leather purse. I see no indications that the handbag that they removed from my listings was fake. Everything about this purse appeared to be real to me...

Once you have purchased an item, you can in fact sell it no matter HOW you try to sell it. Just don't try to sell counterfeit. If and only if you purchased the handbag NEW FROM GUCCI, that is the ONLY way you can be assured it is authentic.

****I would never sell anything that appeared to be fake. I have sold many things online and certain designer purses seem to be a problem...

I have heard of Coach, mostly Coach try and stop people from purchasing large amounts of product for resale. And yes, they can stop you.

***I have heard that some sellers provide proof of purchase and their items are still removed from their listings.

***I do see buyers here and on other sites that sell designer purses without the original purchase receipts...I still don't understand this purse situation???...It still does not make sense to me and I would be a fool to post any items that I thought were counterfeit...
    Last edited by MillerCyberMall; 1st August 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladeda View Post
    It sounds like you were trying to sell a counterfeit Gucci. IT IS ILLEGAL to sell counterfeits of ANY kind. Whether it be a handbag or a movie. It is ILLEGAL.

If you try to sell counterfeits 'anything' you can end up in federal prison and be subject to hefty fines. And stating that you didn't know it was counterfeit or that you didn't know you could get into trouble is NOT a way of getting out of it!
    I would also like to know, how did you come to the conclusion that my handbag was counterfeit??

At my wholesaler I can get Beats by Dr Dre headphones. As a wholesaler they are obviously for resale and will be supplied to them by Dr. Dre. So how could they justify selling to a wholesaler then prevent me from selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerCyberMall View Post
    I would also like to know, how did you come to the conclusion that my handbag was counterfeit??
    It just does not make any sense! I don't understand and I wish that someone could come along with a logical explanation to help us understand this discrimination on selling certain merchandise...

Quote Originally Posted by MillerCyberMall View Post
    It just does not make any sense! I don't understand and I wish that someone could come along with a logical explanation to help us understand this discrimination on selling certain merchandise...
    Quite simple really. The greed of the companies involved. If they are selling items in their shops for £2,000 they do not want anybody selling them for £500, even if they are the genuine article. They make their vast profits by selling to people who are stupid enough to pay 4 or 5 times an items worth just so that they can brag about it. Legally they would have they could do, but their large pockets and expensive lawyers would scare most away, so for eBid and others it is just easier to do as they say if they see an item listed.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with this very expensive designer stuff is that most of us never see the real thing. Often, once you handle it, you realise just how high the production standards are - I'm not saying that it is worth the money, but it screams quality.

Many of the companies do not wholesale - if you bought it from a shop which was not run by the maker or in-store concession bearing the maker's name, then it is almost certainly a fake.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sure that in law no manufacturer could prevent me from selling my property, even if they made it in the first place.
    Once bought, the title is mine and the manufacturer is out of the picture.

Unfortunately, there are so many fakes about, and some of high quality, that everyone assumes a used item is a fake. It seems the owner has to prove it isn't - a reversal of the usual "innocent until proven guilty".

The problem is that manufacturers allow fakes to be made and imported, when they have enough financial and political clout to prevent it, wherever it happens. If they can be bothered take action against an auction-site seller with one or a few items, they certainly can against a foreign maker or UK importer with thousands.

One wonders if manufacturers want the proliferation of fakes as a sort of advertising, keeping their name in the public eye and promoting aspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Quite simple really. The greed of the companies involved. If they are selling items in their shops for £2,000 they do not want anybody selling them for £500, even if they are the genuine article. They make their vast profits by selling to people who are stupid enough to pay 4 or 5 times an items worth just so that they can brag about it. Legally they would have they could do, but their large pockets and expensive lawyers would scare most away, so for eBid and others it is just easier to do as they say if they see an item listed.
    I totally believe your statements! I have been trying to figure this copyright infringement situation out because some designer stuff seems to be okay to sell and some stuff is not, in other words, I think the greedy companies can do what they want to do.

Is it really true that listing designer and brand name items on Ebid is just trial and error?? Then along the way, the seller has to take the blame for items that they were totally allowed to post by Ebid?? I still would like to know what brand name items are okay to sell here on Ebid? I don't want any problems. Most items worth selling do carry a designer or brand names, I do highly appreciate your input because your reply did give me an insight on to the fact that greed does play a BIG role in copyright infringement rules. Thank you!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Agree 110%. The phrase 'more money than sense' comes to mind here...

It is confusing for sellers, no doubt about it. I don't know much about purses, but in the jewelry realm there apparently is a proliferation of fake Tiffany items for sale online, as I've read about this in a few jewelry forums. As I don't tend to buy newer/trendy stuff it doesn't affect me, but it does seem, as Squern says, that if companies wanted to do something about it they could. I'm guessing he's right, that they like the free advertising.

OP, good luck getting more answers. I'm not sure what the answer is myself, maybe asking support: support@ebid.net about different brand names before listing items would be the way to go; admittedly it's a bit of a PITA, but it might save having listings pulled.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information