Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new

All-About neil41501
    View neil41501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default new

hello all, I am new I left ebay as it was breaking me up financially and exhausting me, if anyone can give me any tips or advice please feel free, also I have a lot of experience myself elsewhere if anyone could use any input or just needs someone to help in any way please feel free to ask away i'm struggling trying to learn all of this but, I do have a question, about my being a seller+, how will I get my items to post like stated on google and so on, I can use any help any of you veteran ebidders can provide, I also am type if I don't have and you do, i'll send your way I feel that's proper business tactics, because it is only way to have others be equally helpful, but if anyone could help with the items being sent out in the web, I need help I am ignorant to a lot on that area so god bless all and thanks for reading , hopefully new friend and selling bud neil thompson

Default Re: new

Quote Originally Posted by neil41501 View Post
    ... if anyone can give me any tips or advice please feel free...
    Sure.
    Don't eat yellow snow.
    When a flock of birds flies over, don't look at them with your mouth open.
    And never, ever, follow his instruction to pull your dad's finger.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, neil!! Don't mind Damian..................he's had his rabies shots and is harmless!! lol (AND his advice is very useful!! Trust him on the yellow snow one!! )

Click the help button at the top right of any page, then look at the FAQ's and helpful videos on the left, esp about listing and selling.

This thread has loads of helpful answers.....thanks to astral
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%27s+New+Users!
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 11th June 2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

A warm welcome Neil glad you have joined us. To get your items onto Google shopping you need to have a 'buy it now' price and if the item does not have a bar code or ISBN number then type the word 'EXEMPT' into the bar code box. If it doesn't have a brand then just leave that box empty.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid. Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog, etc.) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About neil41501
    Forum Posts

thank you so very much as I signed on as seller+ at start because honestly was sinking more way more into ebay so figured would give me more options as I go I hope if ever you any of you need help please feel free to shout will not hesitate if in my power to help, but it's just lotta work figuring all out as im not good with spreadsheet I did all manually lol so oh well got plenty of time being aroud by myself anyway so you have blessed evening and all everyone thanx so much again

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1947)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Take your time while you are first listing until you know what you are doing. One of the beauties of eBid is that you can always edit your listings at any time you want. As a seller + you can have up to 5 photos for each item.

You will get lots of good hints and tips on the forums. Don't be afraid to ask even the most simplest questions, as some one is always around to help out and point you in the right direction.

Welcome to ebid!

All-About neil41501
    Forum Posts

by signature can you tell me what your meaning I probably have lol and don't know if I did, being on ebay so long I was used to automated stuff that's my biggest difference is figuring manually and lot more reading, as ebids more legit I believe I hope my sales start soon ebay really dumped my sales in feburary I've basically been starving out since, then david hedley from uk told me about ebid I have health issues so I need this to keep my mind occupied in positives which why I left ebay sales 100% thanks much and wish you many sales to come

ebay really dumped my sales in feburary I've basically been starving out since,
    What do you mean by that?

Currently we are keeping on ebay whilst we 'get going' on here and with every order sent out for there we add a little note that we are here ;-)

To add to the WONDERFUL ideas given above, as the fees are less if you can reduce your asking price by 4 or 5% then do so.

No fees on postage here and only 2% on tiem if you have a thumbnail - recommended...

Yes you can edit your listing UNTIL A SALE
    unlike ebay when you have had a sale you CANNOT edit the description (or title?) only add to the description. Not keen on that however you can end the listing, edit and relist all for free, but you will loose your accumulative sales...

We are new too and so also finding our way though, for us, one thing that is very annoying is no multi listings... ONLY the number of items you have (no idea if it just auction or buy its nows that you will be mainly using...) if you have sizes small, medium, large it will be 3 listings...

Good luck and enjoy a VERY DIFFERENT experience - well at least via the forums, many AMAZING and very very helpful people to support us newbies ;-)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

by signature can you tell me what your meaning I probably have lol and don't know if I did, being on ebay so long I was used to automated stuff that's my biggest difference is figuring manually and lot more reading, as ebids more legit I believe I hope my sales start soon ebay really dumped my sales in feburary I've basically been starving out since, then david hedley from uk told me about ebid I have health issues so I need this to keep my mind occupied in positives which why I left ebay sales 100% thanks much and wish you many sales to come
    Welcome to eBid Neil. The signature is what shows up on the bottom of your forum posts. Can include banner(s), links, etc. that lead forum users easily to your stores/listings. Take your time going through the advise given above & particularly Astral's links mentioned. Also ask questions as you go through the information. There are many helpful folks in the forums, if you get stumped along the way. Hope your sales do well here on eBid.

Also, do not know if you signed up for Seller + Lifetime membership. This will afford you the best membership level, with no recurrent fees, and chance to work on your listings/stores at your own pace. This membership level would have cost you $49.99 one time fee (if sale price taken).

Thread Information