Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid banners on British national newspaper websites

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid banners on British national newspaper websites

eBid banners that have recently appeared on the Daily Star and Daily Express newspaper websites courtesy of Rokin's Toys:

300x250 MPU Banners

728x90 Banners

Actual screenshot of website:

I have updated the 300x250 MPU banners to include the eBid web address on each individual image which looks better and gets the web address into peoples minds.

We at Rokin's Toys know how important marketing is and I personally have 12+ years’ experience in marketing, mainly in the music industry and I know how small scale mainstream advertising in the correct way in the right places can be equally as effective as TV and Radio advertising. During my time in the music industry I was often in a position to make decisions over artwork/design for various marketing techniques used, deciding on how "adverts" for single and album releases looked in newspapers and magazines and how tour advertisements looked in newspapers and magazines which I am sure the majority of you have seen Great Britain, as well as how banners looked on websites among many other things. Bear in mind though that I was NEVER involved in the actual design and artwork of these actual things, I was part of the process that oversaw the individuals whom did do the design and artwork etc.

It is important to point this out as the banners above have been quickly put together by myself and I am not an artist or designer etc. I have used images that I am free to use and are not just blindly pulled off the internet like some people do which often leads to copyright infringements. Some of the pictures in the banners above I have had to pay a one-off fee per picture for free reign over how I use them and without having to provide credit to the creator/company.

I created various banners in two distinct sizes that are used on both the Daily Star and Express websites and the different banners contained various images for various categories on eBid. I tried to quickly just go for the most popular categories for the most popular items as this speaks more to the masses than specific images for specific items. The various banners in both sizes will be used in rotation also across the two newspaper websites, rotation meaning the several different banners I created will all used.

It is important to point out that this level of mainstream advertising, although it is the correct way in the right places to reach out to both shoppers and sellers, it will not work miracles overnight and lead to a massive influx of traffic to eBid or an increase in sales for the many sellers here in Great Britain or elsewhere in the world. For that to happen, we need to circulate these banners on these two websites on a more regular basis than what we can afford to do on our own, considering Rokin's Toys also needs to do our own specific banners on websites associated with what we sell which is our responsibility, not eBid's, it is Rokin's Toys that has to place banner adverts on sites aimed at collectors of action figures for example and other individual sellers are also responsible for doing that too and it is cheaper than you think it will be.

By keeping these banners circulating on a regular basis and expanding into other websites of other national newspapers in Britain will require a budget that we cannot afford on our own, but other British based sellers whom are interested can help us out, with us working together, we can pull our resources together, to keep these banners circulating on a more regular basis as well as expanding into other newspaper websites which ultimately reaches millions of people, the majority whom shop online as well as sellers who visit the very newspaper websites.

Send me a private message if you wish to help in advertising eBid in this manner and have any workable ideas in categories to use in banners and/or can supply copyright free images to use for such categories. Please note that stock images from manufacturers are not copyright free and we cannot use them unless we gain their written permission beforehand and the same goes for all sellers. Always obtain written permission from the manufacturer or creator of such images beforehand.

Why did I start with the Daily Star and Daily Express newspapers in Great Britain?

Simply because it is one company that owns both newspapers so I was able to obtain a good deal and for the banners you can take out the one option, x amount of impressions/clicks, and divide the impressions/clicks across the two newspaper websites so we are only paying one price for two websites, otherwise, it is a case of going to two separate newspapers and paying twice for the same amount of impressions/clicks and prices do vary between newspapers so it just made more sense to start with the Daily Star and the Daily Express.

When it comes to advertising on newspaper websites you also have the benefit of people from other countries reading articles and news stories as well. So although I am focusing mainly on British based newspaper websites for the time being I know that both these newspapers have international visitors to their websites just like British based radio stations like Heart FM have international listeners via their live internet stream which other radio stations around the world also have live streams online.

USE OF BANNERS

Please feel free to use these banners until further notice. If at any time I request that the banners are to be taken down wherever you are using them then it must be done immediately. Wherever you use these banners you can either link directly to your store or link directly to the eBid homepage of your country which the latter is the better option.

EDIT: “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either." - Rokin's Toys
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 3rd September 2014 at 08:26 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information