Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help identifying year of postcard

Default Help identifying year of postcard

Hi folks.

Hoping one of you can help me narrow down the year of a couple of postcards I have, All are of images from the 60's Batman TV series.
    They are published by Splash Postcards and Cards, Manchester, England. The contact number for them is 061-273 4588.
    One of the postcards is numbered X010 Batman.
    Have tried google with no real success, I can find postcards by Splash, but they all feature a different contact number 061-236 7086

Cheers to all.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help identifying year of postcard

Can't find a thing about it. Sorry.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi folks.

Hoping one of you can help me narrow down the year of a couple of postcards I have, All are of images from the 60's Batman TV series.
    They are published by Splash Postcards and Cards, Manchester, England. The contact number for them is 061-273 4588.
    One of the postcards is numbered X010 Batman.
    Have tried google with no real success, I can find postcards by Splash, but they all feature a different contact number 061-236 7086

Cheers to all.

Jason
    The cards are obviously pre 1995, because there is no ‘1’ in the telephone. There is also a printer in Manchester called Splash printers which seems more than a coincidence and they have been around for 40 years - maybe they are worth a call?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Can't find a thing about it. Sorry.
    Cheers anyway
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwonders View Post
    The cards are obviously pre 1995, because there is no ‘1’ in the telephone. There is also a printer in Manchester called Splash printers which seems more than a coincidence and they have been around for 40 years - maybe they are worth a call?
    Already worked out they were before 1995, but thanbks anyway.
    I've found postacrds for Wendy James and Jesus Jones, but they were by "A Bigger Splash", which could be the same company with a name change later on.
    Also found postcards for 80's pop groups/stars using the 236 number. Just been unable to find any with the 273 number to narrow down when they were printed.
    Trying to narrow down to were they printed in the mid 60's, or the 70's, or early 80's.

Guessed you knew it was pre 95 but check the printer out - its highly likely that Splash postcards were produced by Splash printers as they commenced trading in 1981 ish which probably ties in with around the date the cards were produced? Splash printers is an unusual name and so is Splash postcards -they must be associated, both in Manchester, think it well worth a call

Thread Information