eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Sales On eBid

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Making Sales On eBid

Lol geez, these toy fairs and mainly Star Wars events crop up all over the place There'll be one on Mars next hehe

Sadly unless you have the variety and volume of items required it would not be worth you doing it unless you knew you could at least make your £50.00 back with what you might already have.

Most of the stalls will be small independent toy shops trying to shift poor selling figures with maybe some sought after items they'll no doubt be asking lots of money for as well as collectors having stalls to shift items they may no longer want or have multiples of themselves with some sought after items they'll also ask a lot of money for. Just like I see sellers on eBay asking upwards of £30 for some figures that are rare now from more recent lines. I have cases of Darth Vader figures going back to the 30th Anniversary line though if anyone there is interested lol.

If you are going along to it anyway it might be worth mentioning to those wandering around about the availability of Star Wars items on eBid - you will reach far more people than eBid did last year with their tweet on Twitter about there being 5,000+ Star Wars items on eBid haha and I wish I was joking about that

The main reason I am doing paid for advertising on FB once per month now is because collectors are on there in their thousands and there's collecting groups/pages as well so by advertising on FB I can hopefully reach those collectors and tempt them from the dark side to the light side hehe

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Rokin's

There's a Star Wars conference on in Rochdale Saturday, been wondering if there's a way to get eBid some publicity there. If I had the stock I might even have got a stall at £50.

Sadly with regards to mentality Rokin's is right. Buyers know that they can go to eBay or Amazon and get what they want, little realising that if it is available on eBid there is a great chance it will be cheaper. But every buyer we can entice over here is one more who might at least think twice next time, but the real sales will only come when the average buyer realises that there are other places to buy from.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 17th June 2015 at 02:50 AM.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Making Sales On eBid

The nutshell answer is that you have to find ways of driving traffic here. I recently made the decision to stop selling on TOS. In order to do that,a completely different mindset was required. I am making sales here, as I did last year (the last occasion that I put a concerted effort into selling here).
    For example, I place selected items on the "Preloved" classified ads site, with links to my stores. A perusal of the forums there led me to someone who was looking for something that coincidentally I was selling. I posted the link to the item on the forum, he came to eBid and bought it this afternoon!
    Another example: I sell a lot of vintage pens; I have a Pinterest page where I post all manner of things related to pens, such as blogs and articles, with a smattering of links to my own pens for sale on eBid. I have made a recent sale to a pen enthusiast, new to eBid, whom I suspect came here via that route.
    I still have a lot of work to do. I don't have nearly enough items posted here at the moment. I think a combination of a large inventory together with a lot of effort to plug your auctions around the internet is probably the key to successful selling here.
    I will watch Rokins toys efforts on Facebook with interest. I am not making that much use of Facebook at the moment but I think that will be my next port of call.

Thread Information