Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Item Discount

Default Multiple Item Discount

Is it possible to have a multiple Item Discount on items please, what I mean is where we list the price of a buy now could we have something put in place where if a buyer buys more than 1 item then the item is x amount cheaper.

Like this example for instance:

Item cost = £7
    Buy 2 or more and get % off

or

Buy 3 for the price of £15

Basically something that shops do online
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Newbie
    View jbsales222's Feedback (+217)
    All-About jbsales222
    View jbsales222's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Multiple Item Discount

I like this idea.

I want to offer free shipping to buyers who purchase 2 or more items, but the eBid shipping option template doesn't really allow this.

Probably a hard feature to add to an auction site. Easy peasy to get around. Just write your discount info into description and announcement, and then take the disounts on the invoice. Takes just a minute or two, and buyers like the idea of discounts for buying more items.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Probably a hard feature to add to an auction site. Easy peasy to get around. Just write your discount info into description and announcement, and then take the disounts on the invoice. Takes just a minute or two, and buyers like the idea of discounts for buying more items.
    I don't see why it would be so difficult to add an option to activate free shipping if a customer adds 2 or more items to their basket. Or if they purchase goods over the value of $X. Or even an option to enter a discount code for free shipping during checkout. At the moment I am getting customers overpaying for shipping and I have to waste time manually refunding them via PayPal.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Add the information to your description and when you send the invoice you can give the discount

But I don't want to have to waste time sending out invoices manually. I want customers to be able to order and pay the correct shipping amount immediately via PayPal. At the moment people are making immediate (over)payments by PayPal and I have to waste time refunding their shipping fees manually.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by der_solutions_nz View Post
    But I don't want to have to waste time sending out invoices manually. I want customers to be able to order and pay the correct shipping amount immediately via PayPal. At the moment people are making immediate (over)payments by PayPal and I have to waste time refunding their shipping fees manually.

You may be able to achieve what you are looking for using shipping codes.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

I'm not sure shipping codes would work in my case. I charge a shipping fee for customers who purchase only 1 item, and as a sales incentive I offer free shipping if they buy 2 or more items.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by der_solutions_nz View Post
    I'm not sure shipping codes would work in my case. I charge a shipping fee for customers who purchase only 1 item, and as a sales incentive I offer free shipping if they buy 2 or more items.

In that case shipping codes should work for you, create your code, put in the shipping cost, then in the box each additional item costs 0.

Any items with the same shipping code will only be charged the one shipping price.

If you need more than 1 code, then it will not work as expected, it will still charge shipping for each different code used.

Plus the advantage of using codes is when the shipping price changes, you only need to updaye the code, not all of your listings.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information