Thread: New Buyers Are Finding eBid

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Buyers Are Finding eBid

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookingOffice View Post
    ... and hopefully more new eBidders to arrive soon . Ebay are increasing their charges AGAIN next month - only 20 free listings a month, then 35p every time. Not forgetting their 10% closing fee including postage cost. Lots of complaints on their message boards!
    ...and don't forget the new 'defect' system coming in for business sellers.. and the managed returns...

I'd like to stop selling on Ebay, because it's getting too expensive, and just use Ebid. I'm just a basic seller here at the moment, largely because I'm not sure if it's worth paying the cost of upgrading. The reason I say that is because I haven't sold anything on Ebid yet despite many attempts. Not only that but, unlike on Ebay, my items get virtually no views. What's the general experience here compared to Ebay?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's very different - you have 6 listings running - and not nearly enough words in the titles - what year of Rover do these parts fit for example.

Those who do best here list many items, set them to autorelist (you have to upgrade for this) and follow the advice as is scattered about the forums and here

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

My listings do in fact do state what year Rover these parts are off. As for the words in the title, I think they are adequate - a search for Rover 25 brings them all up, so anyone looking for anything Rover 25 related will find them without a problem.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tripledragon View Post
    I am waiting on some business cards to be delivered, going to include them in my sales from 'other places' too.. :-)

I have attached a preview, you might not be able to make it out but on the left I have listed the addresses of my eBid stores and on the right uploaded a little eBid logo, let me know what you think..

Cheers

Anne
    Nicely done! I like the red, very eye catching.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tobuyornottobuy View Post
    My listings do in fact do state what year Rover these parts are off. As for the words in the title, I think they are adequate - a search for Rover 25 brings them all up, so anyone looking for anything Rover 25 related will find them without a problem.
    We will agree to differ.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Sales to two more newbies today!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Newbie
    All-About TheGamer
    View TheGamer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tobuyornottobuy View Post
    I'd like to stop selling on Ebay, because it's getting too expensive, and just use Ebid. I'm just a basic seller here at the moment, largely because I'm not sure if it's worth paying the cost of upgrading. The reason I say that is because I haven't sold anything on Ebid yet despite many attempts. Not only that but, unlike on Ebay, my items get virtually no views. What's the general experience here compared to Ebay?
    I'm in the same boat as you but I'm in the U.S. and that makes it worse I think. I've had some listings up for over a month and haven't sold anything. A few people have been looking at them but that's about it. I hate it but they would have all sold in a week on ebay. I tried this place a few years ago and couldn't sell anything then so I figured I would try it again. Same thing, no sales. I'm not a store or anything. I'm just a person trying to sell some old stuff I don't use anymore. Ebay has thousands of listings for the type of thing I am trying to sell. There are not many here at all. I think I'm going to have to give it up again shortly. I sure wish it would have worked out. Not enough people looking here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamer View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you but I'm in the U.S. and that makes it worse I think. I've had some listings up for over a month and haven't sold anything. A few people have been looking at them but that's about it. I hate it but they would have all sold in a week on ebay. I tried this place a few years ago and couldn't sell anything then so I figured I would try it again. Same thing, no sales. I'm not a store or anything. I'm just a person trying to sell some old stuff I don't use anymore. Ebay has thousands of listings for the type of thing I am trying to sell. There are not many here at all. I think I'm going to have to give it up again shortly. I sure wish it would have worked out. Not enough people looking here.
    To be quite honest if I was a prospective customer of yours and saw that you had no feedback and then read on your about me page, and I quote :- This is a joke. I tried this place once before over a year ago and couldn't sell anything. Since I hate Ebay, I thought I'd give it another try. I've had 9 D&D items listed here for over a month to buy know or make an offer. Not a bite from one person yet. They would have all sold on Ebay in 5 days. What a waste of time! I'm afraid I wouldn't be buying with that negativity !

There are sales to be made here, I had 29 in April, but you can't just sit back and twiddle your thumbs like on the other side because there is not the ready made audience being a smaller site. If you are serious about selling here then read all the helpful tips on the forums and adapt your selling techniques to make eBid work for you. The other alternative is to pay the high fees elsewhere ! If you opened a shop in a shopping mall you wouldn't just sit there and expect a flood of people to charge in when you first open the door, you would be doing a nice window display and doing promotions and advertising. I hope you can adapt and start selling here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamer View Post
    I looked on the other site & not many of them are selling there & the ones that do sell are selling for less then you have them listed here.

Thread Information