Thread: Windows xp / vista/ 7 users

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Windows xp / vista/ 7 users

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    .... missing out on lots of useful features on 7.
    Would one of them be an Alexa toolbar by any chance?

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm one of those "old fossils" who still has XP. Can windows 8 be installed or do I have to get rid of the XP someway?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Use Vista Home on my laptop and like it well enough, knock wood, but will bookmark this thread just in case. Thanks for sharing this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

My old XP desktop crashed and still unable to get it fixed but I will get around to it eventually because there are games I like to play that either crash on windows 7 or cannot be played on windows 7 at all. Obviously, I have a windows 7 desktop now and use this for business and some gaming as well as other personal stuff and windows 7 is a pretty solid operating system. I would steer clear of windows 8 too many bugs they need to eliminate.

Reason for my post mainly is because when I do get my old XP computer fixed so I can play the games I miss playing I will NOT be hooking it up to the internet so security/viruses will not be an issue as I will be using it solely for playing CD/DVD Rom games so I suppose there's no harm you buying a new desktop/laptop (whatever you preference) with windows 7 while still keeping your XP computer for doing offline things. There are some features I do like about XP which are not in windows 7, like the simplicity of creating address labels in XP, there are templates to choose from which I have not been able to find on my windows 7 desktop but then I am not "paying" to open up all the features of Word. But if like me you have an external storage device (essentially a mobile hard drive) then you can still do stuff on XP, send it to external hard drive then copy/paste it to documents/pictures etc. on your windows 7 computer. I find I can still open XP word processor files on windows 7 Word. I just do not know why they make it so difficult to create templates of address labels in windows 7 when you could do it so easily on XP.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information