Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

Default Re: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

.Good call Julie. To put in perspective, Damian could be right with the polls leaning towards the US. Its hard to say, but I'm sure that the numbers could vary. But here or across the pond or over where the tea is good, the end result is the same I think. But I'm a guy who thinks if you own a company, you go all out to take care of your customers. They are the ones who make your money!

To Mr Damian. My apologies if I seem offensive. I've watched this place for a year. Old practices would have said to drop this place. But I've never believed in old practice.

I wish I could say what this means to eBid. But I'm not in eBid's shoes. I would like to pat everyone on the back and a say "don't worry", but that could never happen. I guess the best way to sum it up is, "If you cover your eyes, you will never see the light"

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Which would suggest that the results of these surveys are almost worthless. The only way to level the field would be to find people who have used all the venues in the survey and then get those users to evaluate their experiences based on the same criteria and vote as appropriate. Otherwise we might as well say "Which do you prefer: Apples, Clouds or Tickles."
    Not worthless - if their target audience is the US. In which case the results are valid for the US market. What is missing if the target audience is global is a way at seeing how the poll breaks down country by country, or even just the major ones. eBid would likely do a lot better in the UK than in the US or Outer Mongolia. You often see the statement 'They have been going since 1999' but they have not in the US. I can't recall when they did go full tilt in the US, but pretty sure it was within my time here - so post 2008. Like so many stats there is information missing that would allow meaningful conclusions to be drawn (rather like 9 out of 10 cats...).

BTW...I prefer tickles, but get so few (actually none) nowadays, so make do with apples.

I am not sure whether I will bother with the poll next time - it is all extremely faceless and open to abuse. Who reads it?

Would like to know how Pinterest got their customer service score? Or any score really. Like others I was wondering why they and Facebook were included. The only possible reason I can think of for including them is that ecommercebytes is hoping for extra publicity that using the names facebook/pinterest produces.

And it really doesn't help when an eBid member of staff has posted on the ecommercebytes general 'ratings and reviews' last year that they were making more profit on their sales on eBid etc etc - at that time they posted they did not appear to be selling anything and I would love to see their figures? Many people come onto eBid forums and claim all sorts - they get outed and that is the way to deal with them, not start making up pro stories that don't exist to counter the claims - that discredits all the good stories about eBid that sellers are kind enough to share. They may also want to stop posting on the forum using both id's in the same thread.

Totally disillusioned.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, surveys can show information containing some to little to no truth and can be easily manipulated.
    Watching real growth and viewing opinions of actual members shows a much better picture.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Deanosaur
    I thought it was a joke when they included Pinterest and Facebook on the survey (as a trial)
    I have always thought that over the years some of the survey results have been strange.
    But it is the only survey of its kind that I know of, so that is why I participate.

But Ecommercebytes is hardly a household name.
    Its blogs are always commented on by about 20 hardline ebay and paypal haters

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I agree, surveys can show information containing some to little to no truth and can be easily manipulated.
    Watching real growth and viewing opinions of actual members shows a much better picture.
    Agree 110%. IMHO eBid is number 1 and always will be.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Apparently eBid felt that the survey was credible, if I recall it was eBid who started a thread telling us about the survey & asking us to vote.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 2nd February 2014 at 07:13 PM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Apparently eBid felt that the survey was creditable....
    But not credible.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information