eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

Default Re: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Getting slightly off topic here, but my Dad often showed me his "Monty Python's Big Red Book" (it was blue)

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The number of US users on eBid is small, especially when compared to the number of US users on other (mainly) US sites - such as Craigslist, for example. So those voting for eBid will barely register in comparison.

I am not saying anything about market viability.

Yes, Gumby is an old favourite with a lot of people. If you are a Python fan you might like to take a look at the archive of my old Monty Python site.
    Now that was good. I enjoyed the moment of memory. Now back to the topic. Stats for one site to another is important. Take an example. If I sell internationally an see that site doesn't move my product, what should I do? Or how to say it. What should you do? Let us just sit on the cart while the horse dies in front of us?

I've seen the US sellers dwindle.

I don't care what country anyone is from that starts an international business, but when you start a company, you should look down 20 to 30 years down the road. Are you going to say that this one is doing it?

If you're wondering why I would say this. I have built a couple of companies who didn't see the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Stats for one site to another is important. Take an example. If I sell internationally an see that site doesn't move my product, what should I do? Or how to say it. What should you do? Let us just sit on the cart while the horse dies in front of us?

I've seen the US sellers dwindle.

I don't care what country anyone is from that starts an international business, but when you start a company, you should look down 20 to 30 years down the road. Are you going to say that this one is doing it?
    I don't understand why you seem to think I mean something other than exactly what I wrote.
    I have not made mention of any company's long term business strategy or anything similar.
    I have made it quite clear that I believe these survey results have little value. Period. (As you chaps are fond of writing.)

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I don't understand why you seem to think I mean something other than exactly what I wrote.
    I have not made mention of any company's long term business strategy or anything similar.
    I have made it quite clear that I believe these survey results have little value. Period. (As you chaps are fond of writing.)
    Wow! Now that's a funny. Especially when my wife tells me that my spelling and grammar s_ck. I can see you're being a little insulting towards us Yanks!

Sorry forgot (As you chaps are fond of writing.)

I want eBid to make it. The price is right. The site isn't bad. But lets face it. The visits are questionable and the buyers are far a few between.

Do you think for one moment that if this site was rocking that I wouldn't put items up here to sell?
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 2nd February 2014 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Wow! Now that's a funny. Especially when my wife tells me that my spelling and grammar s_ck. I can see you're being a little insulting towards us Yanks!
    Not at all.
    I would have used "full stop", but as that is not commonly used on your side of the water I'd thought I'd try to be helpful and use something you are familiar with. However, once again, you seem to think I am meaning things that I have not written.

Edit: I also wanted to make it clear to those on this side of the water how I was using the word "period" as over here it has an altogether different common usage.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 2nd February 2014 at 08:20 AM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Come on guys.
    Lets get back to the topic of the survey and what you think it means for ebid and us sellers.

Thread Information