Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

Default Re: Ecommerce Bytes Survey - 2014 - Results

Tis sad. Although polls can vary from here to there, the facts can not be challenged. To give you an example. I'm working with a coin club that doesn't want to deal with the internet. Granted as far gone as they may be, I've always believed if you can resuscitate it, it can survive. But sometimes trying mouth to mouth to revive it won't work. Unless this organization is willing to move forward it will get what it deserves and it should just lay down and be buried.

If you want it, you have to work for it. If it changes, you have to adapt to survive.

It's hardly a surprise. The results are clearly skewed toward sites that are both used by and voted for by Americans. With eBid being mainly a UK site it wouldn't matter how much (or little) UK voters liked the site, it'd always be out-numbered by US users of other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    It's hardly a surprise. The results are clearly skewed toward sites that are both used by and voted for by Americans. With eBid being mainly a UK site it wouldn't matter how much (or little) UK voters liked the site, it'd always be out-numbered by US users of other sites.
    But there are US sellers on here. We're not that ignorant to stats!

Edit: Even if the stats show it's bad in the US are you saying that we are not a viable market?

PS: Love the Monty Python character
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 2nd February 2014 at 06:54 AM.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

If all the UK voters had voted for ebid that would have skewed the results as well.

Ebdi did get lots of good comments on the page summary its results, only a couple of negatives right at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    But there are US sellers on here. We're not that ignorant to stats!
    Edit: Even if the stats show it's bad in the US are you saying that we are not a viable market?
    PS: Love the Monty Python character
    The number of US users on eBid is small, especially when compared to the number of US users on other (mainly) US sites - such as Craigslist, for example. So those voting for eBid will barely register in comparison.

I am not saying anything about market viability.

Yes, Gumby is an old favourite with a lot of people. If you are a Python fan you might like to take a look at the archive of my old Monty Python site.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    If all the UK voters had voted for ebid that would have skewed the results as well.

Good call. Polls are subjective. So are opinions. But to be perspective and have a subjective opinion is perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Which would suggest that the results of these surveys are almost worthless. The only way to level the field would be to find people who have used all the venues in the survey and then get those users to evaluate their experiences based on the same criteria and vote as appropriate. Otherwise we might as well say "Which do you prefer: Apples, Clouds or Tickles."

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Which would suggest that the results of these surveys are almost worthless. The only way to level the field would be to find people who have used all the venues in the survey and then get those users to evaluate their experiences based on the same criteria and vote as appropriate. Otherwise we might as well say "Which do you prefer: Apples, Clouds or Tickles."
    Yes
    And what does "Profitable" mean?
    I bet if you asked 5 sellers you would get 5 different answers.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Yes, Gumby is an old favourite with a lot of people. If you are a Python fan you might like to take a look at the archive of my old Monty Python site.
    Getting slightly off topic here, but my Dad often showed me his "Monty Python's Big Red Book" (it was blue)

Thread Information