eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Whats the secert to This place

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

The Ap may promote some growth in overall seller performance. We will see.
    It better...otherwise those that have been screaming that the lack of it is what has been holding eBid back will be left a little red faced.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I would be thrilled with a 25% sell through rate on eBid. At this point I would even be thrilled with a sale, or any percentage sell through rate.

A modest sell through rate, on a consistent level of activity, would be great. What would an average (modestly acceptable) sell through rate on eBid actually look like? Would 2%, 3%,...........7%............10%...............25%. ......... be considered adequate?

Probably would depend on the particular seller, and their own plan and goals. So at this point for me, I would like to see any consistent percentage sell through level, as long as the percentage levels continued to increase over time. The Ap may promote some growth in overall seller performance. We will see.
    My own is around the 2.5% mark. Ideally with the items I sell it would be over 10%. But considering it was below 1% when I started it is definitely moving in the right direction and this month is going pretty well so might be getting to the 3%. My hopes for the app are something like a 10% increase in sales, if that happens and my current sales continue I might be around the 3.3% which I would be relatively happy with for now.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sell through rate for the fourth quarter of 2013 was below 1%

With the introductory testing of the Ap, I would hope to see even a 1% sell through rate during the first quarter of 2014.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Congratulations on your sale. Hope you have many more.
    Hopefully so, then again I may win the lottery.

Still no sales!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Hopefully so, then again I may win the lottery.
    Just had a nice sale; so hopefully sales will increase during the first quarter and beyond. Starting to look at social networking, but it is not an area of comfort for me.............guess I need to get out of my comfort zone.

View juliew8's Feedback (+324)
    All-About juliew8
    View juliew8's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know that there are any real secrets. Read the forums and pick up a few tips.

I've had items listed for months and had one sale. I could complain about it, but I've had items listed on Amazon, Etsy and Zibbet for months with no sales. Either I'm not selling things people want to buy or my pricing is off - or both.

Since it doesn't cost anything to list here on Ebid, I'll just keep putting up the listings and letting them run while taking advantage of every free listing offer on feebay. Eventually, stuff sells (somewhere). Feebay continues to be my #1 platform, but after actually experiencing the fee difference here on Ebid, I continue to list items and send out notices to my feebay buyers, letting them know that I have more listings at lower prices here on Ebid.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juliew8 View Post
    I've had items listed for months and had one sale.
    Might it make a difference if you shipped overseas? I just went to have a look at your listings but they were not visible to me in the UK as you don't offer shipping here.....
    I went to the US site to see them. But will your other Buyers from elsewhere that you notify about eBid bother to do that? (will they think you have nothing for sale like I just did?).
    Does it matter if the shipping is expensive to UK? If somebody wants something bad enough (especially vintage ware that you have) the shipping might not be an issue... at least give potential Buyers the opportunity to purchase whilst increasing your visibility.

My items are available all over...No Sales
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Might it make a difference if you shipped overseas? I just went to have a look at your listings but they were not visible to me in the UK as you don't offer shipping here.....
    I went to the US site to see them. But will your other Buyers from elsewhere that you notify about eBid bother to do that? (will they think you have nothing for sale like I just did?).
    Does it matter if the shipping is expensive to UK? If somebody wants something bad enough (especially vintage ware that you have) the shipping might not be an issue... at least give potential Buyers the opportunity to purchase whilst increasing your visibility.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    My items are available all over...No Sales
    You will accept offers elsewhere but not here on eBid?
    eg Angel Plate - same price here as on E**y (with Best Offer there but no MAO here.) Cheaper fees here but same price as on E**y.
    Rimini Horses - same as Angel Plate - no MAO here, no price reduction despite much reduced fees.....
    Candle Holder 50p more expensive here than on E**y, Best Offer on E**y, no MAO here.....

The same adult horse sold for £24.86 and another for £77 elsewhere....

Thread Information