Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Whats the secert to This place

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    There's really no need for you to answer my question as you've already stated your case that this site operates in secretive and favour giving manner towards the lucky select few (this is the well known mode of operation of the ancient group that i make reference to as you suggest that Ebid operate similarly)

Once again, find me this quote of mine's. You can not, because it does not exist. I found your quote, so find mine's. The above statement is your interpretation (perception) of what I said. It is not my quoted statement.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really want to offer something helpful here.....there is an assumption that all sellers must at all times offer the lowest prices across the board....well, this is useful, but on the other hand there's the issue of quality to be considered also.....anyone of us who are serious collectors will understand the difference between an excellent item and an average one, and i reckon that offering quality items is a great way of attracting buyers.
    I recently sold an item with Ebid for the same price that was being asked for an equivalent on E££Y.....incidentally one other was available to buy on Ebid, why did that that buyer decide to register to this site in order to make this purchase?....i can only explain the reasons that i see, and those are that my item was of better quality, while still being competitively priced, i used a full description which is easy for me as i understand the items very well, i'd taken the trouble to upload 5 photos of good quality.....and the pay off was a sale after only seeing the item listed for a relatively short period of time.
    Something helpful? Fantastic, go ahead!

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Something helpful? Fantastic, go ahead!
    Do you have anything better to add?
    how are your sales?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you have anything better to add?
    how are your sales?
    Nothing helpful, okay on sales thanks for asking!

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

You're doing well with your sales on this site while only running 3 listings?.....you must be some kind of genius. i guess that in future you'll be giving the disgruntled all of the advice they need in order to get sales?.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're doing well with your sales on this site while only running 3 listings?.....you must be some kind of genius. i guess that in future you'll be giving the disgruntled all of the advice they need in order to get sales?.
    Indeed 3 listings is all I am interested in at the moment. I hope this meets with your approval. Had 4 but 1 sold and it made a profit so I will now be able to replace that listing with 2. It's a genius plan I have, invest in stock, sell stock invest in more stock with the PROFIT from sold stock. Simple but genius isn't it?
    I don't believe I will be giving the disgruntled any advice. Ebid has more than enough already giving advice.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

yeah

Indeed 3 listings is all I am interested in at the moment. I hope this meets with your approval. Had 4 but 1 sold and it made a profit so I will now be able to replace that listing with 2. It's a genius plan I have, invest in stock, sell stock invest in more stock with the PROFIT from sold stock. Simple but genius isn't it?
    I don't believe I will be giving the disgruntled any advice. Ebid has more than enough already giving advice.
    Nothing wrong with that, a 25% sell through rate.

Your tactic reminds me of the guy who had £100. He spent it on wood that he built a shed with that he sold for £200. he spent the £200 on more wood that he built more sheds with. He carried on with this for a few months then won the lottery and gave up the shed business.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would be thrilled with a 25% sell through rate on eBid. At this point I would even be thrilled with a sale, or any percentage sell through rate.

A modest sell through rate, on a consistent level of activity, would be great. What would an average (modestly acceptable) sell through rate on eBid actually look like? Would 2%, 3%,...........7%............10%...............25%. ......... be considered adequate?

Probably would depend on the particular seller, and their own plan and goals. So at this point for me, I would like to see any consistent percentage sell through level, as long as the percentage levels continued to increase over time. The Ap may promote some growth in overall seller performance. We will see.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congratulations on your sale. Hope you have many more.

Thread Information