Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    As has been stated by other sellers who have sold less than desired, or nothing at all.............it is a very sorry day in the life of eBid, when these sellers are told it is their fault that their sales are not as anticipated. Rudeness is not cheek, or savvy.............it is just rudeness.........a bore in a forum setting.
    the only rudeness to be seen is coming from you....are you drunk?, i'm becoming tired of you.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    the only rudeness to be seen is coming from you....are you drunk?, i'm becoming tired of you.
    No, I do not drink. You are rude. If you are tired go to bed, or check into your closest mental institution.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

No, I do not drink. You are rude. If you are tired go to bed, or check into your closest mental institution.
    Your stance is interesting.....as you've suggested that in order to make sales on this site its necessary to be a member of a secretive inner circle?....this is what you stated....am i wrong?....or was this a flippant remark?
    What i can tell you is i have no links to any of the controlling members/owners of this site, yet i've actually made sales over here, while these sales may be modest by comparison with those that i can easily achieve elsewhere, they are real and worthwhile.
    I'm convinced that these have been achieved by way of following the points that i have already made....not as you infer by me finding my way into Ebid's masonic lodge.....you could question my judgement while you are revelling in the most extreme paranoia?.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your stance is interesting.....as you've suggested that in order to make sales on this site its necessary to be a member of a secretive inner circle?....this is what you stated....am i wrong?....or was this a flippant remark?
    What i can tell you is i have no links to any of the controlling members/owners of this site, yet i've actually made sales over here, while these sales may be modest by comparison with those that i can easily achieve elsewhere, they are real and worthwhile.
    I'm convinced that these have been achieved by way of following the points that i have already made....not as you infer by me finding my way into Ebid's masonic lodge.....you could question my judgement while you are revelling in the most extreme paranoia?.
    Your stance is even more interesting. I have stated nothing concerning "Ebid's masonic lodge".......this concept was introduced by you, and you only. You are the only poster to this thread who has mentioned this concept. This is your second statement concerning the concept. So it is only your suggestion and only your concept. No one else has used that concept. If you can find it in this thread, please copy the post. You can not find it, because it exist for no poster except you. So you are wrong; I never made any such statement.

I have actually made sales on eBid also; they are real sales and worthwhile sales. I made those sales based on various points you mentioned.

I never once claimed you made your....."way into Ebid's masonic lodge". To tell the truth, I did not know they had one.

Please pull up my quote. I need to see it, to believe it.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I'll agree with you for the most part.

All CAPS in titles as suggested not to do, doesn't matter.
    Key words do matter to gain Google exposure but manipulation will only tick off visitors.

Judging by observations from sold listings if you want to sell on eBid you MUST have the lowest price available.
    I have only seen one member in the forums who helps without sarcastic remarks and appears to be successful. How successful I have no idea. I do know his items sell cheap. A lot cheaper than the difference in fees between here and the large sites.
    I also believe it to be true that the sellers here who bring in buyers do give all other members the possibility to sell their items but only if the price is so much less than elsewhere.
    eBid has been around a long, long time and should be a key destination site for buyers. At this point in time to be solely dependent on Google to bring them in seems a bit ridiculous.
    Love ebids layout, format, low fees but feel they aren't doing everything they can to build their site to help reward their loyal, hardworking members.
    I really want to offer something helpful here.....there is an assumption that all sellers must at all times offer the lowest prices across the board....well, this is useful, but on the other hand there's the issue of quality to be considered also.....anyone of us who are serious collectors will understand the difference between an excellent item and an average one, and i reckon that offering quality items is a great way of attracting buyers.
    I recently sold an item with Ebid for the same price that was being asked for an equivalent on E££Y.....incidentally one other was available to buy on Ebid, why did that that buyer decide to register to this site in order to make this purchase?....i can only explain the reasons that i see, and those are that my item was of better quality, while still being competitively priced, i used a full description which is easy for me as i understand the items very well, i'd taken the trouble to upload 5 photos of good quality.....and the pay off was a sale after only seeing the item listed for a relatively short period of time.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

.........as far as knowing the right people is concerned then are you suggesting that this site operates with masonic tendencies?.....

Here is your first reference to the concept..........your quote taken from post #45.

P.S. I never answered your question.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Can not say definitively. However, beginning to speculate if the proverbial........."it is not what you know, but who you know" may play a part in sales or low to no sales.

So in other words, it may not be what you list, what you charge, what key words you use, what you do, etc. It may be more of a case of who you know, are you in the "in"; are you "in the visible"; are you "in the loop"; etc.
    There's more than a strong suggestion here that certain individuals are part of a favoured group....hence why i made a masonic comparison.....i assume that byou understand how freemasonry functions?.....this is along the lines that you suggest are at work on this selling platform.
    You clearly state that in your view, item has no relevance, price has no relevance, keywords have no relevance, and in order for your listings to be visible you need to be "in the in", and by way of this it is necessary to know the right people.....which people are these that you need to know?....because i'd like to make a firm association with them as a means of coming by some easy money.
    "in the loop"....this always means ....are you part of a specially favoured group?....again.....this is why i made a masonic connection.....although you did begin the post by stating that you cannot say definitively.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Here is your first reference to the concept..........your quote taken from post #45.
    You're correct.....like i state, you've suggested that certain individuals are offered favour over others......masonic tendencies.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

P.S. I never answered your question.
    There's really no need for you to answer my question as you've already stated your case that this site operates in secretive and favour giving manner towards the lucky select few (this is the well known mode of operation of the ancient group that i make reference to as you suggest that Ebid operate similarly)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's more than a strong suggestion here that certain individuals are part of a favoured group....hence why i made a masonic comparison.....i assume that byou understand how freemasonry functions?.....this is along the lines that you suggest are at work on this selling platform.
    You clearly state that in your view, item has no relevance, price has no relevance, keywords have no relevance, and in order for your listings to be visible you need to be "in the in", and by way of this it is necessary to know the right people.....which people are these that you need to know?....because i'd like to make a firm association with them as a means of coming by some easy money.
    "in the loop"....this always means ....are you part of a specially favoured group?....again.....this is why i made a masonic connection.....although you did begin the post by stating that you cannot say definitively.
    Why would you assume that I am familiar with....."how freemasonry functions"?

Yes, I did state......."Can not say definitively." This is exactly what I meant. The comments that followed were my opinions. If my opinions sounded to you like........"a masonic connection".......that is what you perceived. I never stated it; I never used the concept. Therefore, it does not belong to me; it is your concept and your perception.

Thread Information