Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    ​No, it is not.

maybe ....i've seen and heard it all now....suggesting useful keywords, adding clear descriptions, adding good images, understanding google and its requirements, and not overcharging for shipping doesn't constitute useful advice.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    maybe ....i've seen and heard it all now....suggesting useful keywords, adding clear descriptions, adding good images, understanding google and its requirements, and not overcharging for shipping doesn't constitute useful advice.
    Have you? Perhaps you need to re-read your statement. It is the way you said it; it was very rude. The way you stated it made it sound as if I have not done those things.

P.S. Compare your statement below, with your above statement.

[/QUOTE] So...."knowing the right people".....this would put me in the excluded category as many of the threads i join in, usually are deleted, and i'm convinced that much o my input can be unwelcome. so in summary i would say that what you need to know are decent keywords, enough about the item you're selling to give a decent and accurate appraisal of its many merits, and condition, an understanding of the requirements of Googles search engine, reasonable shipping costs, a camera with a decent lens used in satisfactory lighting conditions.
    So "visible" is in our own hands and not that of a higher power. Hope there's some useful stuff there.[/QUOTE]

​No, it is not.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

As has been stated by other sellers who have sold less than desired, or nothing at all.............it is a very sorry day in the life of eBid, when these sellers are told it is their fault that their sales are not as anticipated. Rudeness is not cheek, or savvy.............it is just rudeness.........a bore in a forum setting.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    As has been stated by other sellers who have sold less than desired, or nothing at all.............it is a very sorry day in the life of eBid, when these sellers are told it is their fault that their sales are not as anticipated. Rudeness is not cheek, or savvy.............it is just rudeness.........a bore in a forum setting.
    I'll agree with you for the most part.

All CAPS in titles as suggested not to do, doesn't matter.
    Key words do matter to gain Google exposure but manipulation will only tick off visitors.

Judging by observations from sold listings if you want to sell on eBid you MUST have the lowest price available.
    I have only seen one member in the forums who helps without sarcastic remarks and appears to be successful. How successful I have no idea. I do know his items sell cheap. A lot cheaper than the difference in fees between here and the large sites.
    I also believe it to be true that the sellers here who bring in buyers do give all other members the possibility to sell their items but only if the price is so much less than elsewhere.
    eBid has been around a long, long time and should be a key destination site for buyers. At this point in time to be solely dependent on Google to bring them in seems a bit ridiculous.
    Love ebids layout, format, low fees but feel they aren't doing everything they can to build their site to help reward their loyal, hardworking members.

Agreed!!! The best thing here are the members. If this place worked as hard to promote the members as the members work to promote this place...
    Selling Zero all this time and quitting. soon. Sadly

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I'll agree with you for the most part.

All CAPS in titles as suggested not to do, doesn't matter.
    Key words do matter to gain Google exposure but manipulation will only tick off visitors.

Judging by observations from sold listings if you want to sell on eBid you MUST have the lowest price available.
    I have only seen one member in the forums who helps without sarcastic remarks and appears to be successful. How successful I have no idea. I do know his items sell cheap. A lot cheaper than the difference in fees between here and the large sites.
    I also believe it to be true that the sellers here who bring in buyers do give all other members the possibility to sell their items but only if the price is so much less than elsewhere.
    eBid has been around a long, long time and should be a key destination site for buyers. At this point in time to be solely dependent on Google to bring them in seems a bit ridiculous.
    Love ebids layout, format, low fees but feel they aren't doing everything they can to build their site to help reward their loyal, hardworking members.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Agreed!!! The best thing here are the members. If this place worked as hard to promote the members as the members work to promote this place...
    Selling Zero all this time and quitting. soon. Sadly
    I would hang in there just a little longer to see if the mobile app makes a difference.

OK KB, What did I miss? I know it was being talked about a bunch but when did it happen? I lowered most prices here (some I decided not to bother with) and over there. Sold $100 off the bat over there and had 11 messages. People trying to low ball but at least it was something.
    Know what I got here...ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NOTHING !!! Frankly, I mean really! I really hope at some point whatever is wrong gets fixed. I keep saying I love this place. It is a great set up and the community is like no other! That however does not pay the bills. Haven't even made my initial $ back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I would hang in there just a little longer to see if the mobile app makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    OK KB, What did I miss? I know it was being talked about a bunch but when did it happen? I lowered most prices here (some I decided not to bother with) and over there. Sold $100 off the bat over there and had 11 messages. People trying to low ball but at least it was something.
    Know what I got here...ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NOTHING !!! Frankly, I mean really! I really hope at some point whatever is wrong gets fixed. I keep saying I love this place. It is a great set up and the community is like no other! That however does not pay the bills. Haven't even made my initial $ back.
    See this thread:
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-deleted/page3

A lot of views and sales come from mobile. So this could have a big impact. It should also mean that the API will be released in the not too distant future. That could lead to more multi channel sellers adding eBid to their list of venues. Quite a few coulds in there, but this might be the piece of the jigsaw that gets eBid moving,

Thank You. I hope so. Somethins gotta popp!
    Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    See this thread:
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-deleted/page3

A lot of views and sales come from mobile. So this could have a big impact. It should also mean that the API will be released in the not too distant future. That could lead to more multi channel sellers adding eBid to their list of venues. Quite a few coulds in there, but this might be the piece of the jigsaw that gets eBid moving,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, it just might!

Thread Information