All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

No secrets here.

Bring your own buyers.
    Have ridiculously low prices.

Oh, and lots of patience.
    Last edited by adruml; 31st January 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    No secrets here.

Bring your own buyers.

Brought no buyers with me, prices are low but not ridiculously so and still as profitable as if I sold the same items on eBay at higher prices.

So there is another way.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Brought no buyers with me, prices are low but not ridiculously so and still as profitable as if I sold the same items on eBay at higher prices.

So there is another way.
    You bring your customers here via Google shopping aka proper keywords.
    Why ebay always gets into the conversation is a mystery to me. Ridiculously low prices (comment) is based on items sold, ebids home page.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

No secrets here.

Bring your own buyers.

I try to list good quality stuff at a realistic price.

Guess what, it works.

4 items in January for £80+.

I only have a couple of hundred items listed, but they are quality listings.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I try to list good quality stuff at a realistic price.

Guess what, it works.

4 items in January for £80+.

I only have a couple of hundred items listed, but they are quality listings.
    Great input, thanks. I have a bid now on one item $109.00. So what. Item should sell for $180.00 minimum.
    As mentioned in another thread without knowing what cost is on items it's difficult to realize profit. I only see the $$$ sold amount.

You bring your customers here via Google shopping aka proper keywords.
    Why ebay always gets into the conversation is a mystery to me. Ridiculously low prices (comment) is based on items sold, ebids home page.
    I put the keywords in, but eBid uploads them to Google Shopping as part of the platform. The reason eBay was mentioned is to highlight the fact that despite my prices being lower than many I still sell in order to make a profit and not at ridiculously low prices just to get a sale. I believe in sales for vanity profits for sanity.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I put the keywords in, but eBid uploads them to Google Shopping as part of the platform. The reason eBay was mentioned is to highlight the fact that despite my prices being lower than many I still sell in order to make a profit and not at ridiculously low prices just to get a sale. I believe in sales for vanity profits for sanity.
    Without proper keywords it's rare occasion the internal search will bring the buyer to your listing. Several have stated the importance of bringing in buyers via Google shopping through proper keywords. Yes eBid loads them but it's the sellers who develop the proper keywords.
    The OP asked the question and I responded according to what I have read from" successful" sellers here in the forums along with what I have observed.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    The reason your coin has not sold is because no-one who knows about such coins has looked at it.

I had the same experience with a vintage bank note.

However to suggest that who you know makes any difference is libelous.
    How would one prove such a reason? I do not even think Google Analytics could prove that.

Libelous........hmmm, how about just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    There is a lot of truth in what you say, here. As for evidence, one only has to look at the feedback of many of those who say they are successful on here. Time and time again, new sellers are advised to make themselves known on the forums. Why? For precisely the reasons you have stated.

Good luck to them - nothing amiss in buying from and supporting one another. But, I do wish they would stop levelling the blame wholly at unsuccessful sellers instead of what is now becoming evident, an inefficient management.
    Much truth here. Although I have not reached a conclusion fully on the management piece. Similar to most issues, I would think the issue of lack of sales on eBid involves multiple factors. As was stated else where, anyone who comes up with the definitive answer (all factors in their proper percentage representation), could probably successfully sell the answer to eBid.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddorn1967 View Post
    I want to make a go here but so far I have gotten tons of looks and no bids.
    I am not real worried about it since its free to list here.
    My question is what is the secret to this place
    If some of you who have had some success could tell me
    is it better to list as an auction or a fixed price?
    Do any of you offer FREE shipping?
    What about dropshippers do any of you use them? Can you incorporate them into ebids
    I have allways believed best way to learn success is to find some one who has had some and learn from them.
    any suggestion
    Thanks
    God Bless You All
    Donnie

There's no secret OP. Internet selling has changed. We all have to work harder to make our listings sell no matter what site we are on with exception to eBay. eBid has low fees, fewer buyers and fewer sales depending on what you are selling. eBay have many buyers and sellers because everyone has known about eBay for nearly 20 years.

Yes, eBay does have the upper hand but they were here first and got ALL internet buyers interested in the online business of buying and/or selling and people are scared of change from something they know to something they are unsure of (a little like me. I don't like social networks and I don't think I ever will). Since then, times have changed and, IMO, unless you are into social networks the 'old' way of selling has gone.

Also IMO, social networks will die eventually and the old way of selling/buying will return. How long this will take, if ever, is indeterminable.

A lot has happened in the 3 years between these two auction sites.

I refuse to give up with eBid but I think my time selling online is very limited as I'm not into social networks.
    Last edited by Gill; 1st February 2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information