Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Whats the secert to This place

View juliew8's Feedback (+324)
    All-About juliew8
    View juliew8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Might it make a difference if you shipped overseas? I just went to have a look at your listings but they were not visible to me in the UK as you don't offer shipping here.....
    I went to the US site to see them. But will your other Buyers from elsewhere that you notify about eBid bother to do that? (will they think you have nothing for sale like I just did?).
    Does it matter if the shipping is expensive to UK? If somebody wants something bad enough (especially vintage ware that you have) the shipping might not be an issue... at least give potential Buyers the opportunity to purchase whilst increasing your visibility.
    Just my casual impression, but it appears to me that as Ebid is UK based, the majority of buyers and sellers are in the UK. So yes, probably would have more sales.

IMO, Ebid will not take off in the US as long as sellers are being told they need to be willing to ship overseas to be successful. The paperwork is a PITA and therefore I choose not to do it; e.g., I don't ship overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by juliew8 View Post
    Just my casual impression, but it appears to me that as Ebid is UK based, the majority of buyers and sellers are in the UK. So yes, probably would have more sales.

IMO, Ebid will not take off in the US as long as sellers are being told they need to be willing to ship overseas to be successful. The paperwork is a PITA and therefore I choose not to do it; e.g., I don't ship overseas.
    Have found that printing shipping labels using USPS or PayPal site is the same effort no matter where the package is going ... just a few more clicks for packages going outside of the U.S.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

...IMO, Ebid will not take off in the US as long as sellers are being told they need to be willing to ship overseas to be successful. The paperwork is a PITA and therefore I choose not to do it; e.g., I don't ship overseas.
    If I am looking at the correct documentation

http://about.usps.com/forms/ps2976.pdf

The USA CN22 form is basically similar to the British CN22 so I see no difficulty in filling in the form.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

On line form is in fact easy however waiting in line at the Post Office sucks.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    .... waiting in line at the Post Office sucks.
    I would not mind waiting in a USA Post Office if they are handing out free lollipops.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I would not mind waiting in a USA Post Office if they are handing out free lollipops.
    Initially free. Then the IRS reviews security camera footage then taxes us and imposes fines on not paying tax for the value of the lollipops. Whole new meaning of the term suckers.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to ship many of my items overseas. There are some very great international eBidders, who buy & sell from that side the pond. However, I made a recent decision to remove all of my items that would require a customs form. This decision was made because I am still in the process of assessing the recent changes that have been made to the customs form.

Each seller has to decide for themselves, if they care to offer international shipping. In my case had nothing to do with cost, or regular paperwork/online work for customs forms. It had everything to do with new regulations. So again, the decision is the seller's.

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you.. I wrote a couple of these down. Still trying to get up and running. Thanks again.

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I shipped to Germany this week and the pay-pal created tracking number had to be changed and covered over with a new tracking number- per the Post Office staff- in order to get the my customs forms accepted. I had prepared the label and Custom forms online and signed Customs docs. at the post office.
    All were correct per the staff member. The new tracking label was free- I just needed to update they buyer.

Questions:

Does this happen to you on international shipments?

How do you work residential pickup when the custom forms must be signed in multiple?

Any tips/advise.

I ask this because with Post Office closings here, I now have to drive to the next town and this is a fuel expense. Usually for only one item at a time. I would consider international but am hesitant since the Customs Forms cause a visit to the P.O.= time lost driving + fuel expense.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mcc1146; 9th February 2014 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcc1146 View Post
    Hi,
    I shipped to Germany this week and the pay-pal created tracking number had to be changed and covered over with a new tracking number- per the Post Office staff- in order to get the my customs forms accepted. I had prepared the label and Custom forms online and signed Customs docs. at the post office.
    All were correct per the staff member. The new tracking label was free- I just needed to update they buyer.

Questions:

Does this happen to you on international shipments?

How do you work residential pickup when the custom forms must be signed in multiple?

Any tips/advise.

I ask this because with Post Office closings here, I now have to drive to the next town and this is a fuel expense. Usually for only one item at a time. I would consider international but am hesitant since the Customs Forms cause a visit to the P.O.= time lost driving + fuel expense.
    Thank you in advance.
    We have only had this experience when we ship to Germany. The customs forms for most other countries and not multi-copies and do not need to be signed in front of post office employee.

Thread Information