eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the secert to This place

Forum Newbie
    All-About ddorn1967
    View ddorn1967's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Whats the secert to This place

I want to make a go here but so far I have gotten tons of looks and no bids.
    I am not real worried about it since its free to list here.
    My question is what is the secret to this place
    If some of you who have had some success could tell me
    is it better to list as an auction or a fixed price?
    Do any of you offer FREE shipping?
    What about dropshippers do any of you use them? Can you incorporate them into ebids
    I have allways believed best way to learn success is to find some one who has had some and learn from them.
    any suggestion
    Thanks
    God Bless You All
    Donnie

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Hiya Donnie. This question has been generated at one forum or another. It has started some great debates. Personally I would just keep busy with your personal enterprise. Use what ever social media you can and go with your gut feelings. As for suggestions. With shipping, I've charged and not. Drop-shipping, though you don't pay outright for stock, I do not like being at the mercy of others shipping policies. I do suggest not putting your eggs in one basket and to explore what avenues you can use to get your customers to come in

Spelling!

On the serious side though the main means most of the successful sellers have for attracting buyers is keywords so that potential buyers on Google and Google Shopping find the listings. After that I would put price. We have an 8% or more advantage over eBay on fees, so use it. I always advocate prices around 5% lower than eBay in order to tempt the buyers. Finally everything else you should be doing anyway, description, images, etc.

Do check the forums on a regular basis, after 3 years I still find useful information.

Persistence

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Make sure you get your items onto Google shopping where a lot of the eBid buyers come in from. If your items don't have bar codes or ISBN numbers then put 'EXEMPT' in the box and always make sure you have a 'buy it now' price alongside any auction price.
    Good luck with the sales.

Nothing has worked. I have taken and used all suggestions. Done all the right things. If you look and see things that are not in line it is because I am tired and don't even bother anymore to change ones that are not so important. I love it here but with ZERO to show for all my efforts... I want it to work. There is a problem. No one seems to know what it is or how to fix it. Good Luck to all

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can not say definitively. However, beginning to speculate if the proverbial........."it is not what you know, but who you know" may play a part in sales or low to no sales.

So in other words, it may not be what you list, what you charge, what key words you use, what you do, etc. It may be more of a case of who you know, are you in the "in"; are you "in the visible"; are you "in the loop"; etc.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Can not say definitively. However, beginning to speculate if the proverbial........."it is not what you know, but who you know" may play a part in sales or low to no sales.

So in other words, it may not be what you list, what you charge, what key words you use, what you do, etc. It may be more of a case of who you know, are you in the "in"; are you "in the visible"; are you "in the loop"; etc.
    What would make you speculate this?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    What would make you speculate this?
    What would make you ask?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

List lots of low cost collectibles that is thousands, some will sell.

Thread Information