eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Idea of a project, Welcome to show your suggestion

Forum Newbie
    All-About charmingcharming
    View charmingcharming's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb An Idea of a project, Welcome to show your suggestion

Hi, everyone, I am Kevin, I have a project and would like to share and discuss with you in here, to see if it is work.

1. You needn’t invest any money, but need an experience and credible online shop.

2. I supply you the picture of latest or hottest style clothing(all detail information, so you could publish it well on your shop), as well as the bottom price(so you can decide whether to push it)

3. I supply you the free sample of the items you decide to sell. Each time when there is a order on your shop, we send the items to the customer via you(so that you could check the quality before it is send to your customer)

What is your interest: you could increase the competitive of your shop, because there are always new arrival with best price and excellent quality. And what is more, your business could be more professional, as you have a professional buyer.

What is my interest: I could earn little price spread, say 2%. As I have been worked on the line of apparel in China(actually my family deal with a small factory, mainly produce jeans, but we cooperate with many other catalogue of clothing) for more than 7 years, so I have large freight source and very sensitive to the fashion market.

Would you think it is reasonable? If not, please kindly tell me why and give me your precious suggestion.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: An Idea of a project, Welcome to show your suggestion

What you have outlined is almost the same as Dropshipping.

There are some problems for sellers when items come straight from the manufacturer in another country to the buyer in another country,

Postage cost
    Returns
    Customs/import/tax if applicable.
    Reliability of supply, particularly around Chinese new year when there are long holidays.
    Length of time between the seller taking the order from the customer and the customer receiving their item.

A plus is that the seller has no stock to purchase and store.
    Last edited by Poscar; 28th December 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shipping from source direct to buyer same day as payment is the aim. If someone buys from me in UK, a UK buyer would expect to receive the item the next day.
    Shipping delay is never acceptable, nor is double shipping cost

I think you need to work on your project a little more.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post

Agree entirely.. not to mention perhaps a little work on your English, as well.. it's quite plain to see it still needs rather a bit of polish..

Basically your idea is called drop shipping, there's LOTS of places that do the same.,, so basically it's got the same advantages and disadvantages as any other drop ship program.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    What you have outlined is almost the same as Dropshipping.

There are some problems for sellers when items come straight from the manufacturer in another country to the buyer in another country,

Postage cost
    Returns
    Customs/import/tax if applicable.
    Reliability of supply, particularly around Chinese new year when there are long holidays.
    Length of time between the seller taking the order from the customer and the customer receiving their item.

A plus is that the seller has no stock to purchase and store.
    Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, these obstacle above exist, but on the other hand, just because these problem are there so there are some challenge and chance. Image that if one day the international trade online are so easily, should I still need search partner on each country? then I think the competition are very stiff also.

OK, let's discuss these problem you mentioned;

Postage cost: Actually some goods especially for clothing, even add the postage cost to it(from CN to USA), the cost is still lower than the market price, for this point you could check from the Ebay or Amazon, most seller are from Hongkong and Chinese mainland, and most of their listing are free shopping, but the price are still very competitive.

Return: I think this is the key problem, many people would rather to pay more money to a seller if he or she feel the After-sale service could be guaranteed. Concerning about it, so I want to find some seller with high credibility. Then the customer could resolve the Ruturn problem easily that directly look for the seller, and it is also convenient for us, as we are just responsible for the seller. What's more, the seller could check the quality before they send it to their customer.

Customs/import/tax if applicable.; First, if using the express company, there is not these expense. Second, even if it applicable these cost are included in the price of goods we quote, and the seller could decide whether to sell it on his or her shop.

Reliability of supply, particularly around Chinese new year when there are long holidays. It is just 7 days. For some hot products we even could store them for the seller.

Length of time between the seller taking the order from the customer and the customer receiving their item. The competitive price could be more attrative.

Thank you.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

You seem to have covered all your bases so try it & see what happens?

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    Shipping from source direct to buyer same day as payment is the aim. If someone buys from me in UK, a UK buyer would expect to receive the item the next day.
    Shipping delay is never acceptable, nor is double shipping cost

Thank you! Still as I answer Poscar, the low price is more attractive. When you enjoy the low price, you need more days. And a lot of good seller on Ebay, all their delivery time are 10--15 Days.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Agree entirely.. not to mention perhaps a little work on your English, as well.. it's quite plain to see it still needs rather a bit of polish..

Basically your idea is called drop shipping, there's LOTS of places that do the same.,, so basically it's got the same advantages and disadvantages as any other drop ship program.
    Thanks. Yes, I know there have already a lot of places that do it, but I think I could do better. As I have good freight source and good attitude and service consciousness.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charmingcharming View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I know there have already a lot of places that do it, but I think I could do better. As I have good freight source and good attitude and service consciousness.
    I can only repeat:

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Yes, so I start to hunt for partner.

Thread Information