Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to eBid coming from eBay and trying to make some sales.

Default New to eBid coming from eBay and trying to make some sales.

Hello, I am new to eBid though I have been on eBay for quite a while selling watches and other items. I have posted up many items but do not know what I need to do to make some sales. I honestly have never used this site before and don't know if I'm doing anything right or not. I have lots of experience in online sales and customer service and and sell nice watches for a very low price. Any help in getting my products exposed or any information on how to attract buyers would help. I know this is a pretty generic question as many would be wondering this but I figured I would just throw it out there to see if there is anything I can do to improve my sales on this site.

I have "front paged" a few listings, I have a variety of different products and colors, and I have made my eBid store but dont seem to be getting any interest, questions, purchases, etc.

I switched from eBay due to the customer service offered (or not offered) through the company and wanted to switch to a site where I can grow my business and use long term.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New to eBid coming from eBay and trying to make some sales.

Welcome to eBid! glad you are here!

I see you have a store, and items in the store.....great start! Your listings look lovely, and, tho I forgot to look at the shipping cost, the listing price looks great. I would suggest a few things off the top of my head......1) Put at least a few of your listing on a 7 day run with 10 auto reposts. if something is Run Until sold (RUS), it stays at the bottom of the list and might not be seen too much. 2) Fill in your ABOUT ME page.....check out other sellers to get some ideas.....................3) Add a link to your store as a signature here in the forums (Like my SLIDE INN)........4) Make sure you have any barcodes entered, and brands in your listings.............5) promote your items on the PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS thread (you can have one plug running, and add to it 1 x per 24 hours. If you start a new one, you need to delete the old one. ....6( you might consider selling overseas....................and do be sure to pop into the forums with any questions, or just to. get yourself known! We don't bite!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

join pinterest and pin all your items on the ebid boards https://www.pinterest.com/ebidnet/, and let past customers know you are here

Welcome WatchThis,
    Long term is definitely the way to view this site, it takes a while to get sales but well worth it when they do start. Dont be dis heartened if you dont get sales immediately, take on board all the advice on the forum and sales will come.

Thank you very much for the helpful hints. have added info to the "about me" page along with changing up the listings to end and relist rather than "good till sold". thank you very much for the information. I'm excited about getting this business up and running to the extent I had on ebay. Unfortunately, I cannot sell internationally due to the shipping prices skyrocketing to send overseas.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
    Thank you very much for the helpful hints. have added info to the "about me" page along with changing up the listings to end and relist rather than "good till sold". thank you very much for the information. I'm excited about getting this business up and running to the extent I had on ebay. Unfortunately, I cannot sell internationally due to the shipping prices skyrocketing to send overseas.
    Welcome aboard and good luck.

Go ahead and list international, about half of my sales are to the UK. If they want the item they will pay the shipping.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

You also have to remember that ebid does not have the number of members that ebay has so your sales will always be less on ebid.

But its a much nicer place and the rules are fairer (and enforced)

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    ..... so your sales will always be less on ebid.

Not necessarily.

I would not bother with the front page too much until you sort out your selling strategy on eBid. Front page listings will cost you every time they relist even if you do not sell. The main thing is to get your items showing on organic Google searches and Google Shopping.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day & welcome to eBid.net

We don't have the traffic that unmentionable place has - so it takes time to build custom - but it WILL happen.

Social networking is a must!

If you didn't know - Your listings are only seen by those in the countries to which you ship!

So, it's worth offering international shipping for exposure, if nothing else!
    As stated earlier, you may even make some O/s sales.

Best of luck, & stick with your current sales options until you're set up here.

BTW, cheaper fees here mean you can offer cheaper prices here, as compared to elsewhere! & PROMOTE that fact to your existing clients.

Cheers, Allen
    Last edited by Oldandintheway; 28th November 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Thread Information