eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Chris, letting loss making ebay sellers post using assumed names to make digs at eBid sellers is just plain daft.

But you are more than welcome to having Dzambo on your site
    Gee ta! Like I don't have enough on my plate! :-D

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

What we would like is tips and information such as Andy gave us.

It's quite simple really. eBid has never appeared to us to be a great venue for running a business despite the claims of the site owners in previous years. That's our opinion rightly or wrongly.

We're open to having our opinion changed and Andy has done more to change our opinion than any other eBid seller or eBid management.

Your post on the site at 8.38am does not sound as if you were interested in having your opinion about ebid changed, no was it very professional.

What we really want to know is if it's worth retailers (businesses not casual sellers) investing time and resource into eBid

All depends on what you class as Retailers, if its the likes of the big retailers ebay have brought on board are they even considering looking to sell elsewhere besides ebay & their own web sites? if so I would of thought Amazon would be their next port of call, so really the reason you are giving for wanting the information is moot IMO.

If you are asking if the small to medium sellers ebay no longer want as part of the Retail & Chinese shopping mall, the small to medium sellers whose ebay sales have died, then yes it is possible to make money selling on ebid if they are prepared to put in the effort of getting established on this site, not just do hit & run test listings as you yourself have admitted doing in the past.

BTW I would not bid on the type of high end items that you used for your tests, listings like that would get me hitting the back button.

What have the small to medium buisness sellers have to lose by trying out ebid if their ebay sales have died? or the few sales made eat into their profits from the few sales they have made.
    Better they work at getting established at selling on a site like ebid where search placement is not manipulated.
    No numerous relisting fees to eat away at the few sales made when the switch is in the ON position, no 10% fvf.

Why dont you take a look at the buisness selling board on ebay, ask those sellers whose sales have died for their sales information.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Your post on the site at 8.38am does not sound as if you were interested in having your opinion about ebid changed, no was it very professional.
    Quote made immediately after all my comments on these forums were deleted - gagging and silencing tends to reinforce opinion hence the comment. Interesting that since I spoke to eBid on Twitter not a single comment deleted

BTW I would not bid on the type of high end items that you used for your tests, listings like that would get me hitting the back button.
    Are you telling me that eBid is no good for selling printers because if so you're totally wrong, just because you wouldn't be prepared to spend that much on eBid doesn't mean that other's aren't. In fact I spoke to a seller just this afternoon who's sold printers on eBid!!

Surprised to be honest that you think eBid not a suitable site for high end items (not that I think they're high end).... really really strange and I though I was the sceptic!

I have sold quite a few 'high end' items recently and am glad that the back button was not hit. For me that is a sign that eBid is getting recognised and accepted by buyers. While these sort of items are the icing on the cake it gives confidence to source more of them if there is a good chance of selling and many of the bigger sellers eBid needs to attract would be more likely to use eBid if they had confidence in being able to sell all types of items in all price ranges. My highest value sale so far is £180 but I look forward to improving on that, in fact I have a £230 item that somebody keeps looking at, just waiting for them to hit that buy button.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I have sold quite a few 'high end' items recently and am glad that the back button was not hit. For me that is a sign that eBid is getting recognised and accepted by buyers. While these sort of items are the icing on the cake it gives confidence to source more of them if there is a good chance of selling and many of the bigger sellers eBid needs to attract would be more likely to use eBid if they had confidence in being able to sell all types of items in all price ranges. My highest value sale so far is £180 but I look forward to improving on that, in fact I have a £230 item that somebody keeps looking at, just waiting for them to hit that buy button.
    Like you I also sell high end items. You & I worked at earning the buyers trust where high end & lower end items were concerned, so do many other sellers I imagine.
    The one thing I did not do was throw on hit & run high end items on ebid as a test.

Like you I also sell high end items. You & I worked at earning the buyers trust where high end & lower end items were concerned, so do many other sellers I imagine.
    The one thing I did not do was throw on hit & run high end items on ebid as a test.
    The thing is I sold printers and TFTs and the likes on eBay - that's what my business was. If I'd got sales on eBid I'd have listed my entire stock. When I started on eBay my feedback was zero and yet I was successful in starting out and for the eight years I made my living selling.

If Tamebay readers are going to be tempted to sell on eBid, telling them that they have to start with cheap items to inflate feedback before starting to sell regular stock just won't cut it. We're talking about businesses here and they're not going to go shopping at the pound shop just to get some feedback.

Frankly one would expect a marketplace itself to instil trust that they'll look after a consumer who has a poor buying experience.

(I should add the items I tested with weren't that high end anyway - they were only fifty quid a pop)

Oh... and when I started out on eBay some of the first things I sold were Herman Miller chairs which went for anywhere between £350 and £700 at the time - trust from buyers wasn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Quote made immediately after all my comments on these forums were deleted - gagging and silencing tends to reinforce opinion hence the comment. Interesting that since I spoke to eBid on Twitter not a single comment deleted

Are you telling me that eBid is no good for selling printers because if so you're totally wrong, just because you wouldn't be prepared to spend that much on eBid doesn't mean that other's aren't. In fact I spoke to a seller just this afternoon who's sold printers on eBid!!

Surprised to be honest that you think eBid not a suitable site for high end items (not that I think they're high end).... really really strange and I though I was the sceptic!
    I think you take that out of context not that high end items or printers don't sell on ebid but look at it this way.
    ebay is a household name so everyone sort of trust the site so you can sell houses cars lots of high end items no problem.

You need to build trust on any alternative site before you can get people to part with there money for you to just do test listings on the site and leaving them with no back ground only high end products no price range or not even a full range of products no about me info it would turn me to the back button as well and this is what a lot of these high selling ex ebay sellers are doing on this site.

doing these test listings helps no one not the seller or buyers and not ebid.

I don't see why small and medium business don't use ebid as a place to list all there stock online for very little cost and and used as many other alternative site at the same time.

Think about it you can list all of you stock very quickly and if done right with the right key words and bar codes and brand names all of your stock could be showing in the biggest search engine on the web for very little cost to the business.

Like many have said already ebay is dying for some sellers and it will only get worst.
    what happens it cannon say to ebay right here is a couple of million quid and we want to be the only people allowed on your site to sell printers or we have the say of who you allow to sell printers on this site that would be you off then to go and find some place else to sell.

it is daft that people rely on only ebay to sell there ware's in this day and age and what harm would it do if people spread there net? we have proved that there are sales on the site and they can only get better and stronger it would only take a couple of medium to large sellers to take the plunge for it to become bigger but it is a bit like the chicken and the egg thingus somebody medium to large to take the gamble.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Oh... and when I started out on eBay some of the first things I sold were Herman Miller chairs which went for anywhere between £350 and £700 at the time - trust from buyers wasn't an issue.
    I bet Herman was pi$$ed that you sold his chairs!

If sellers want to sell higher value items on eBid and feel that they need to reassure potential buyers as to their integrity they can import their eBay feedback.

Thread Information