Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Just had a rather patronising e-mail from Tamebay about a comment I added to Kreative's article.
    I have replied (politely), but I think their mind is made up.
    Some members have been posting there, so perhaps a few more would join in to redress the balance.
    http://tamebay.com/2013/11/is-it-tim...#comment-93186

Just posted this!

Name:  tb.GIF
Views: 67
Size:  28.0 KB

An excellent reply to their email, Squerm.

But, can I just point out to others who have or intend to reply: namecalling and offensive remarks are totally counter-productive. This is just the ammunition Tamebay needs.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Just had a rather patronising e-mail from Tamebay about a comment I added to Kreative's article.
    I have replied (politely), but I think their mind is made up.
    Some members have been posting there, so perhaps a few more would join in to redress the balance.
    http://tamebay.com/2013/11/is-it-tim...#comment-93186
    Quern
    I did consider posting on Tamebay but then read the 8.38am post.
    Not a very professional post IMO,
    Calling a site crap & inferring the owners are liars is not the way to try to get ebid or its sellers to give their viewa or information to such a site that posts in such a unprofessional manner.

Continually harping on about how quiet ebid used to be when ebay was at its best is wrong. IMO .
    Ebay is no longer the site it used to be, as not been for many years, since around 2008 it as no longer been a site where all sellers can make sales, you only have to read the switch on switch off, my sales have died threads, or and lets not forget the culled sellers threads. or that ebay have changed their user agreement stating they will no longer guarantee all sellers listings being shown in searches. Searches are manipulated in a way to favour some sellers above other sellers, at least on ebid all sellers have their items shown in searches, no sellers are favoured over others.

Ebid as become busier to what it was way back in 2008 due IMO to the fact that ebay no longer want the small sellers.

Some of those unwanted ebay sellers who have seen the writing on the wall now see ebid as an alternative.

There are now other ebay sellers who now see ebid as a 2nd bow to counteract their drop in ebay sales.

Some culled sellers needed an alternative as they can no longer sell on ebay.
    I dont believe that all the culled sellers were bad sellers, most had a low DSR on Postage DSR. Not all sellers can do a next day despatch, some sellers work & state the reason within their listing (2 to 3 day despatch which ebay allows) yet have lost their accounts due to slow despatch.

BTW the Tamebay site name says it all IMO.
    Can Dan give an unbiased view of other sites being a ebay seller and making monies from selling ebay related items & from ebay related workshop speeches ( whatever the call them these days) so can we really be expected to believe that Dan /Tameboy could give an unbiased view?

Great reply squern, very well put. And Pink, you were quick to spot Dzambo, I wondered why I couldn't understand a word!

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Great reply squern, very well put. And Pink, you were quick to spot Dzambo, I wondered why I couldn't understand a word!
    I figure it was Dzambo but answered so that non eBidders would hopefully take note. He has commented similar on the threads here. I am obviously not going to discuss my buying prices or sources on an open forum or any other forum for that matter so he will just have to take my word for it that I make a healthy enough profit.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I figure it was Dzambo but answered so that non eBidders would hopefully take note. He has commented similar on the threads here. I am obviously not going to discuss my buying prices or sources on an open forum or any other forum for that matter so he will just have to take my word for it that I make a healthy enough profit.
    Would be interesting if they did a case study of Dzambo.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Would be interesting if they did a case study of Dzambo.
    It's medical science rather than Tamebay that might be interested!

I have just had my comment removed on Tamebay.

From Tamebay:
    "Hi, very annoying yes, but sorry we can't publish this comment as sadly it's up to other people whether to reveal their identity/user ids."

I hate sites that means that trolls can hide behind assumed user names - particularly when it comes to loss making eBay sellers taking a dig at eBid.....
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 25th November 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    This is just the ammunition Tamebay needs.
    Actually we don't want any ammunition at all.

What we would like is tips and information such as Andy gave us.

It's quite simple really. eBid has never appeared to us to be a great venue for running a business despite the claims of the site owners in previous years. That's our opinion rightly or wrongly.

We're open to having our opinion changed and Andy has done more to change our opinion than any other eBid seller or eBid management.

What we really want to know is if it's worth retailers (businesses not casual sellers) investing time and resource into eBid. For most of our readers that's still a resounding no as there's still no API integration so it's a channel that has to be managed separately and for most retailers that's a no no. Other than that the answer still isn't "Yes", but it is a "Maybe".

Think about it - Anti-eBid? Why would we have published an eBid success story if we had closed minds and refused to change our opinion if eBid has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Me to, and sorry but if someone wants to use a user name it's their right not to reveal their identity.
    It is covered by our comments policy http://tamebay.com/about/comments-policy

Chris, letting loss making ebay sellers post using assumed names to make digs at eBid sellers is just plain daft.

But you are more than welcome to having Dzambo on your site

Thread Information