eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    We wouldn't of course want to be handed data without the user's permission. However data protection isn't a problem if the seller is willing to be used as a case study - tons of companies (marketplaces and non-ecommerce companies) publish case studies all the time. Equally they could have offered to put us in direct contact with a seller like Andy who was willing to talk to us.

However their choice was simply to stop answering our emails. I don't have blatant disrespect for the owners of eBid. I just think that when they badger us to publish a press release saying eBid is a great alternative to eBay for businesses that when we ask for more information it'd be polite to reply instead of blank us.

It's a two way street, I'm happy to talk to them if they're happy to talk to me. Just re-read the two posts we published about Andy and tell me if the posts themselves are anti-eBid? If we get rubbish we'll say it's rubbish. If we get good stuff we'll say it's good stuff. If all we get is our readers telling us that eBid is no use then we'll publish that too. I'm guessing eBid would rather we publish good stuff.... the doors always open.

However I don't know if you saw the posts that were pulled, they weren't rude but simply factual, shame they pulled them but then they'll probably pull a few more of my posts later. You'll note I now only have a post count of 7 and they're all from this evening.......
    You could of asked on your own boards for ebid sellers to come forward who would be willing to give their views about selling on Ebid, ask them yourself if they would be willing to give out their sales information. I agree with the other posters who stated it would wrong of ebid to give out any sellers information.
    I also do not believe that ebid should need to spend time chasing sellers up, trying to find any sellers who would agree to speak to you & furnish their sales data.
    IMO ebid are probarbly busy with more important site issues than trying to find sellers willing to give out their information.

BTW I do not wish to have remarks credited to myself that I did not make, even though I may agree with some or all of those remarks made.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    You could of asked on your own boards for ebid sellers to come forward who would be willing to give their views about selling on Ebid
    We did.. .on the 28th August 2012. http://tamebay.com/2012/08/does-anyo...y-on-ebid.html
    Andy was the only person ever to respond then or since.

That was the last press release eBid sent us and that's when we asked for more information and they stopped talking to us.

And here's an earlier request for someone making a living on eBid from 2010
    http://tamebay.com/2010/08/faqs-ive-...an-i-sell.html

Couple of things where I will have my say.

Post pulling - it is wrong apart from the most extreme circumstances. If somebody says something you or eBid disagree with then use rational arguments to show it is wrong. Censorship does more harm than good.

Facts and figures - I have said in previous posts that my opinion is that there must be figures that could be shouted from the rooftops. It does not have to contain personal information but I am sure that every month some sort of new high is achieved on the site. It could be stuff like 'Highest sales in USA', 'New record listing numbers', 'Sales up 46% on last year' or whatever. They almost certainly exist so why not use them. The more potential sellers see things like that the more they will consider giving eBid a try.

'Rift' with Tamebay - while I do not know exactly why it appears that eBid is not talking to Tamebay. That in my opinion is a mistake. They should be nurturing all avenues that have the potential to help ebid to grow and there are plenty of members on Tamebay who could possibly try eBid if they knew how the site was improving. I see nothing wrong in them asking for more details or for claims to be substantiated. Maybe if there is a hatchet to be buried now would be a good time to do so, but not in somebodies head!

And for those that think I've always had a downer on eBid here's an article from 2008
    http://tamebay.com/2008/07/ebid-hit-...les-up-25.html

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    There are plenty of members on Tamebay who could possibly try eBid if they knew how the site was improving.
    I have a personal friend who has a lifetime membership, hasn't sold on eBid for some time and is going to list again on the site. It's going to be interesting to see from an insider's perspective how things have changed since last time they used eBid.

Kreativebargains,

I have to admit after reading your tamebay article I was impressed & found it encouraging to try listing here on eBid again, then when i was reading the thread here & seen how certain comments were getting deleted, it showed me how censorship is used here on eBid to make everything look good here.

I know it was not you who deleted it but it is a real put off here to me, I have thousands of comic books & hundreds of toys I was planning on listing here but now i am reconsidering it & may just put them where i am already at.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Kreativebargains,

I have to admit after reading your tamebay article I was impressed & found it encouraging to try listing here on eBid again, then when i was reading the thread here & seen how certain comments were getting deleted, it showed me how censorship is used here on eBid to make everything look good here.

I know it was not you who deleted it but it is a real put off here to me, I have thousands of comic books & hundreds of toys I was planning on listing here but now i am reconsidering it & may just put them where i am already at.
    Many of us are not happy with the removal of posts and at times complete threads. But it happens on all sites. There is possibly a higher proportion removed on eBay, I have certainly heard about it happening many times, but I would like eBid to be different in that matter. You cannot win a debate if you do not let people see both sides. There should be nothing to hide and there is generally an answer for negative posts. if not it is raising something that should be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Many of us are not happy with the removal of posts and at times complete threads. But it happens on all sites. There is possibly a higher proportion removed on eBay, I have certainly heard about it happening many times, but I would like eBid to be different in that matter. You cannot win a debate if you do not let people see both sides. There should be nothing to hide and there is generally an answer for negative posts. if not it is raising something that should be dealt with.
    I agree with you, that is why I only have 1 item up on the bay now & was planning to list here. I have never really used the bay forums but like 2 or 3 times because i don't really need to in order to sell there, here on the other hand the forums are needed to help sellers that are not familiar with how eBid works & when you see the censorship it makes you think they are trying to hide something.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a rather patronising e-mail from Tamebay about a comment I added to Kreative's article.
    I have replied (politely), but I think their mind is made up.
    Some members have been posting there, so perhaps a few more would join in to redress the balance.
    http://tamebay.com/2013/11/is-it-tim...#comment-93186

Thread Information