eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Now that is impressive!
    (So are the 1600 sales this year!)
    Yes, this year so far.

I always leave feedback so you can check how many pages worth there are and see for yourself.

I have left feedback for one purchase and also left a few feedback for eBid buddy t-shirts but the rest are all to buyers and there are over 1,600 feedbacks given.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Whilst I don't sell high priced items.

Over 4,500 items sold on eBid.
    Over 1,600 this year so far (I think the lowest item price was 60p and the highest was £48.00)

Whilst there is no secret about my sales, this might open a few eyes (including eBid):
    Unique visitor to sale rate conversion = around 20%.

I personally believe that anything is possible for a seller using eBid - whether it is low price items or higher priced items.

Those on eBid who make a good level of sales (whatever you may deem to be a good rate of sales) can go anywhere and sell anywhere. But why would they when the FVF is 2%.

Kreative is deserving of your article - he has developed, adapted and is stronger than ever. eBid could do with more sellers like him.

Your 1600 sales so far this year @ a conversion rate of 20% is awesome Deano. I agree with your above points, and think eBid could use more sellers like Kreative and you.

Will be particularly interested in seeing successful sellers on eBid that are from the USA and other non-UK nations. As eBid is an international site, and its true strength will be shown across its membership levels.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Think eBid could use more sellers like Kreative and you
    Believe it nor not that's exactly what we asked eBid for - case studies like these - before their management (or I should say their PR Guy named Mark) stopped answering our emails :-(

Dunno why they couldn't have put Tamebay in touch with Deano or Andy but they didn't like that we asked them to back their claim that eBid is a great place to run a business as opposed to make pocket money.

I think it's reasonable for us to ask them to back their claim up. I also think it's reasonable that we tell Tamebay readers how it is and the sales levels that top eBid sellers are currently achieving. We're not going to publish outlandish claims which are unsubstantiated. The truth is though that plenty of marketplace sellers (eBay, Amazon and others) would jump at the chance to sell on another venue and increase their sales... they just need to know it's possible rather than a totally wasted effort or sales so small it just isn't worth their time.
    Last edited by mountcomp; 24th November 2013 at 08:42 PM.

My sales this year now stand at 511 and an average of about £20 a sale. Lowest less than £1 highest £170.

Apart from recent Christmas purchases it is also encouraging that sales are now getting spread around my items apart from books where to be honest I have not put the effort in. Clothing has been slower selling but has seen good improvements this year which is encouraging as I have more listings in that area and it is the easiest category for me to get at a good price.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Believe it nor not that's exactly what we asked eBid for - case studies like these - before their management (or I should say their PR Guy) stopped answering our emails :-(

Dunno why they couldn't have put Tamebay in touch with Deano or Andy but they didn't like that we asked them to back their claim that eBid is a great place to run a business as opposed to make pocket money.

I think it's reasonable for us to ask them to back their claim up. I also think it's reasonable that we tell Tamebay readers how it is and the sales levels that top eBid sellers are currently achieving. We're not going to publish outlandish claims which are unsubstantiated. The truth is though that plenty of marketplace (eBay, Amazon and others) would jump at the change to sell on another venue and increase their sales... they just need to know it's possible rather than a totally wasted effort or sales so small it just isn't worth their time.
    I agree that it would be reasonable for you to want to get correct information before publicising, but I would imagine the ebid guys would be taking into account the data protection act, when asked for any information concerning other sellers or their sales.

IMO sellers need to try out sites for themselves not rely on other peoples views.
    Some sellers have worked to get established here, some sellers have not been prepared to put in the effort.
    Gone are the days you could put up a listing on the bay & expect instant sales, so why do some expect sales here when they are not prepared to make the effort or take on board advice to get established here,

I agree a site should not publish outlandish claims which are unsubstantiated. Then again the same goes for ebay. Gone are the days when all sellers had a fair crack at getting the same visibility in searches on their items. At least on ebid there is no search manipulation.
    The small sellers ebay no longer wants as part of their new retail mall I would imagine they will be welcomed here on ebid

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Believe it nor not that's exactly what we asked eBid for - case studies like these - before their management (or I should say their PR Guy) stopped answering our emails :-(

I think it's reasonable for us to ask them to back their claim up. I also think it's reasonable that we tell Tamebay readers how it is and the sales levels that top eBid sellers are currently achieving. We're not going to publish outlandish claims which are unsubstantiated. The truth is though that plenty of marketplace (eBay, Amazon and others) would jump at the change to sell on another venue and increase their sales... they just need to know it's possible rather than a totally wasted effort or sales so small it just isn't worth their time.
    I can agree with and respect the desire to publish credible information for your subscribers. I have concern for the sustantial number of serious sellers seeking a viable alternative. I strongly believe that eBid can become that viable alternative site.

However, I am in total support of eBid not answering your emails, and not putting you in touch with active sellers here. From the few post that I have read on this thread, your comments concerning eBid were very unprofessional. I agree that you have every right to your opinions, but that should not include blatant disrepect for the administrators of eBid on their turf.

I do not like to see post pulled or threads taken down. Would just appreciate if forum users could communicate with each other in a civil manner. We do not need to agree with each other, but there is nothing wrong with common courtesy. I believe anything can be communicated, if communicated appropriately without personal attacks.

Your presence on eBid could prove beneficial to the eBid community, as important issues are brought to the surface. However, approaching users here in a manner that is acceptable on Tamebay, is probably not the way to go. Hope to see you stick around and add some true value to the growth of eBid. This site has great potential for future growth if given true effort by those seeking to us the site.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    I agree that it would be reasonable for you to want to get correct information before publicising, but I would imagine the ebid guys would be taking into account the data protection act, when asked for any information concerning other sellers or their sales
    We wouldn't of course want to be handed data without the user's permission. However data protection isn't a problem if the seller is willing to be used as a case study - tons of companies (marketplaces and non-ecommerce companies) publish case studies all the time. Equally they could have offered to put us in direct contact with a seller like Andy who was willing to talk to us.

However their choice was simply to stop answering our emails. I don't have blatant disrespect for the owners of eBid. I just think that when they badger us to publish a press release saying eBid is a great alternative to eBay for businesses that when we ask for more information it'd be polite to reply instead of blank us.

It's a two way street, I'm happy to talk to them if they're happy to talk to me. Just re-read the two posts we published about Andy and tell me if the posts themselves are anti-eBid? If we get rubbish we'll say it's rubbish. If we get good stuff we'll say it's good stuff. If all we get is our readers telling us that eBid is no use then we'll publish that too. I'm guessing eBid would rather we publish good stuff.... the doors always open.

However I don't know if you saw the posts that were pulled, they weren't rude but simply factual, shame they pulled them but then they'll probably pull a few more of my posts later. You'll note I now only have a post count of 7 and they're all from this evening.......
    Last edited by mountcomp; 24th November 2013 at 09:10 PM.

I used to think that this Chris was an bay nut or tub thumped but am not to sure why would he want all the grief of pushing people to a site that is on the way out for most people

I think this site is on the up but i do think that people need to think about there selling practice like Deano has already said some so called big bay sellers that come here get some many things wrong or there listings are just plan poor it is untrue.

In the past there have not been many big sellers or companies coming on to this forum and asking for advise and it smacks to me that there is this mentality that all online selling is the same so if it works on the bay it must work everywhere else so if They list the same here as there and get no sales it must be the site that is not working.

I think with some people's easy success on the bay people have forgotten how selling works and are also afraid to ask for help.

As for this post pulling it is a bad thing and it drives me mad but myself I am not sure if it is the management that is pulling the post.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    As for this post pulling it is a bad thing and it drives me mad but myself I am not sure if it is the management that is pulling the post.
    I dunno if it's management or board police, but the good news is that @eBid on Twitter just asked for my eBid ID so that they could look into the post pulling :-)

Bit of luck they might even call me which would be great!

Chris,
    I saw your post that was pulled & seen nothing in that post that warrant it's removal, that is one thing about eBid that bothers me is the removal of a post or the thread if someone don't like what is being said.
    All posts should be left for everyone to see whether it is positive or negative & let others respond & form their own opinion. We all are never going to agree on everything but with discussions in the forums good or bad it gives both sides a say & the chance to open the mind of someone who might be having a negative experience.

Thread Information