eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

I've visited tamebay at various times over the years (used to be a powerseller once!!!) and I've never been able to make a positive comment about any alt site without being attacked.
    Last edited by madelaine; 24th November 2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I noticed earlier that stampsandcoins post was removed from tamebay, which Chris made an excuse that it was a mistake, although it was never reinstated, so I guess that works both ways.
    However, I do agree with you that posts should not be removed, we should all be allowed to make our own judgement on what sort of a person he is. In that respect, I suppose eBid just did him a favour.
    I agree posts shouldn't be removed. Both of stampsandcoins posts are on Tamebay, the original one and the one calling me a buffoon and a charlatan :-D

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I was making the point that success does not always mean huge sales on here.
    Success doesn't always mean huge sales on other sites either. We'd love to hear that eBid is a vibrant community of people making additional income and more information like Andy's story (which we happily published (twice!!)).

What we don't want is inflated fictional figures or people saying it's a great platform for business unless it is.

[QUOTE=MPS16;1573685]As of 18.40 GMT this earlier post of yours is no longer visible.

It has been removed.

It's still there, just search for the word "sleep" on the eBid post (Open the post and press CTRL and F) and you'll find it :-)
    Last edited by mountcomp; 24th November 2013 at 06:49 PM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, sorry my mistake.

You beat me with the correct answer before I managed to delete my incorrect statement.

My only excuse is my lack of experience with your systems display.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    lack of experience with your systems display.
    No worries - it's the threaded comments - confuses the hell out of me too sometimes :-)

Probably why stampsandcoins can't see his 1st post either.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow that post showed his real colours.

As many have said very unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Success doesn't always mean huge sales on other sites either. We'd love to hear that eBid is a vibrant community of people making additional income and more information like Andy's story (which we happily published (twice!!)).

What we don't want is inflated fictional figures or people saying it's a great platform for business unless it is.

Whilst I don't sell high priced items.

Over 4,500 items sold on eBid.
    Over 1,600 this year so far (I think the lowest item price was 60p and the highest was £48.00)

Whilst there is no secret about my sales, this might open a few eyes (including eBid):
    Unique visitor to sale rate conversion = around 20%. Although I will openly admit that could be spinned in numerous directions - but I work on a very basic method as I enjoy selling and I am not spending hours on stats. So the basic method is a straight total unique visitors to total sales, regardless of the fact that one person may purchase 3,5,9 or whatever.

All of that is probably not bad considering I don't sell international because I don't have the time. For UK sales I don't have to queue up at the Post Office, I can go straight up to the counter and just hand the packages over (waving at the bay sellers as I walk past them in my eBid t-shirt). By the way I still include the international visitors in the stat above even though they can't purchase.

I personally believe that anything is possible for a seller using eBid - whether it is low price items or higher priced items.

Chris, you made a comment on one of the previous eBid Tamebay threads which has stuck in my mind.....

"A surprising number of people wouldn’t survive if they lost the eBay part of their business, but could happily survive the loss of other venues."

I sadly agree with that. But only because I believe that a lot of these sellers don't really know what they are doing - and I find that extremely saddening. There are legendary stories of huge sellers losing their accounts on the bay and not being able to replicate their sales elsewhere. I have seen a number of sellers come to eBid over the last couple of years, when I look at their listings I think to myself how on earth is it possible to list like that as there are so many things wrong it is eye-watering. Selling is extremely simple as a process but when so called experienced sellers from the bay turn up here seemingly without any basic knowledge about selling it is rather surprising...

Those on eBid who make a good level of sales (whatever you may deem to be a good rate of sales) can go anywhere and sell anywhere. But why would they when the FVF is 2%.

Kreative is deserving of your article - he has developed, adapted and is stronger than ever. eBid could do with more sellers like him.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Unique visitor to sale rate conversion = around 20%.
    Now that is impressive!
    (So are the 1600 sales this year!)

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    Now that is impressive!
    (So are the 1600 sales this year!)
    The highlighted part below was taken from deans #48
    Over 1,600 this year so far
    bay springs to mind

Thread Information