Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Have never been on Tamebay. Was wondering if Chris's comment was pulled over there? If so, seems a bit odd that a co-founder or publisher could have his post pulled on their own site. Perhaps I'm not seeing this clearly.
    I have had my comment removed on Tamebay because I had the audacity to disagree with Chris whatever his name is, what a buffoon.

I have replied to another comment which moaned about 5p listing and 3% FVF on ebid. I replied quote As apposed to 15p listing fee, 10% FVF AND 10% commission on postage on ebay. A no brainer unquote

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I was very open minded about

Chris Dawson http://tamebay.com/about/about-mountie and Tamebay

I have just added this screen shot of his latest comment.

Not what I would call a professional statement.

Name:  chris dawson.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  70.1 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow, how unprofessional, glad I've never gone over there.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I repeat "How unprofessional". Not impressed with the person or the site, and will not plan to go there. This simply highlights the professional manner that G&M carry themselves and eBid. I do not always agree with everything that is done here, but I respect the site and am glad to be a part of it's growing success.

I notice his posts have now been removed, which I think is a mistake. He obviously has a problem with eBid and removing his posts just plays into his hands.
    Have just had a look at the tamebay site and the mountie link and am puzzled why when he was successful making a living on ebay he chose to stop, maybe that is the source of his hatred of eBid.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did think of going over there to add a post, but remembered just in time his connection to the other site.
    Not surprised at some of his posts as there is no monies to be made selling his books on how to sell on the other sites.
    Wont be buying his book, no am I surprised that the boys do not want to get involved with such an unprofessional person.

Chris's post was removed from eBid, from this thread actually & not from tamebay site. He posted here & in my opinion had not said anything that wasn't the truth & then his comment got removed, I then posted a comment about his being removed & then mine got removed.

So I posted again, Chris's comments on tamebay reflect how his comments were treated here.
    I don't blame him, post should stay in forums & not removed, Let others respond to comments they don't agree with not just remove them because we don't like them.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps, my comment that Tamebay has always been hostile to ebid and that is possibly the reason eBid management don't talk to Tamebay will be taken seriously.

Different topic - burgyeb, I have no idea what point you were making when quoting my post. I was making the point that success does not always mean huge sales on here.

I know that any comment which says "I do ok with postcards and I'm happy with my sales" will be shot down in flames on Tamebay. I've tried there before.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Madelaine,

I noticed your comment about the hostility level of Tamebay towards eBid, and I considered it a serious comment. Having no experience with the site or the type of comments posted there, I was not in a position to comment. I have seen direct evidence for myself of your comment, and take it seriously.

I fully agree that success does not always mean huge profits. There are many levels of success that occur on eBid all the time. The success of "that first sale"; learning how to navigate the site through the help of a friendly eBid community; being able to support worthy charities through the efforts of generous & giving eBidders; having a supportive environment to share one's ups and downs. Success can be measured in so many ways.

Success for many also includes being able to make an actual living on line through their sales efforts. If not an actual living, then at least a consistent level of sales and profits to validate their efforts. This is what my post is trying to say. This is a nobel goal for an e-commerce entrepreneur.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Chris's post was removed from eBid, from this thread actually & not from tamebay site. He posted here & in my opinion had not said anything that wasn't the truth & then his comment got removed, I then posted a comment about his being removed & then mine got removed.

So I posted again, Chris's comments on tamebay reflect how his comments were treated here.
    I don't blame him, post should stay in forums & not removed, Let others respond to comments they don't agree with not just remove them because we don't like them.
    I noticed earlier that stampsandcoins post was removed from tamebay, which Chris made an excuse that it was a mistake, although it was never reinstated, so I guess that works both ways.
    However, I do agree with you that posts should not be removed, we should all be allowed to make our own judgement on what sort of a person he is. In that respect, I suppose eBid just did him a favour.

Thread Information