Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    There are now a few comments appearing, not all good but I have replied to the negatives. Might be good for a few others to comment or reply so that it does not look like I am the only seller on eBid.

I have also had an email from Chris Dawson and he would welcome any information from eBid directly and other sellers.
    Great article, well done!

I agree that it would be good if more sellers could report to Chris Dawson directly about successful sales levels on eBid. I am speaking of consistent steady sales levels, of at least $2000 per month. This would be the most effective way to reach other sellers who are looking for viable alternatives to eBay.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tamebay has been consistently hostile to eBid. And there are other measures of success - I don't want £2000 a month in sales and am not listing in a way that would achieve it. However, I've been shot down in flames too many times to return to Tamebay.

P.S. I'm not saying that I would turn down £2k per month but that is not what I'm aiming for. If I wanted a proper salary for a month's work, I'd take a job!
    Last edited by madelaine; 23rd November 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Tamebay has been consistently hostile to eBid. And there are other measures of success - I don't want £2000 a month in sales and am not listing in a way that would achieve it. However, I've been shot down in flames too many times to return to Tamebay.

P.S. I'm not saying that I would turn down £2k per month but that is not what I'm aiming for. If I wanted a proper salary for a month's work, I'd take a job!
    The market and subscribers that Tamebay has are generally sellers who are make all or at least a substantial portion of their income online. So for them a successful site is one where they can make sales approaching those figures. But if we can get sellers who are doing that it will benefit everyone on eBid. And many of them do see it as a job, might not be clocking on 9-5 but it is still work, and hard work at times.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, yes, I know that it constitutes a job. What I mean is that I can earn more employed and so, if I wanted serious money, I'd take a paid job.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=madelaine;1573434]Tamebay has been consistently hostile to eBid. And there are other measures of success - I don't want £2000 a month in sales and am not listing in a way that would achieve it. However, I've been shot down in flames too many times to return to Tamebay.

P.S. I'm not saying that I would turn down £2k per month but that is not what I'm aiming for. If I wanted a proper salary for a month's work, I'd take a job![/QUOTE]

As a professional nurse, my salary could reach that level in 1 week if full time. I would still be more than ecstatic to be earning that amount on eBid over a one month period of time. I am not working full time in my profession right now, but I am seriously trying to enhance my entrepreneurial aspirations. These aspirations include e-commerce endeavors, of which eBid is an important part.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Oh, yes, I know that it constitutes a job. What I mean is that I can earn more employed and so, if I wanted serious money, I'd take a paid job.
    I consider an individual's efforts to at online sales to be more than "a job". Their efforts may be a serious attempt to not have to depend on "a job". A job that can be snatched away in a moments time. A job is a blessing, but entrepreneurial efforts are to be commended and supported.

I have struggled for many years because my career is very important to me. I have 3 degrees in nursing, and several minors. This has not been enough to quench my entrepreneurial aspirations. As a matter of fact these aspirations are growing stronger. So I give high marks to anyone who is able to achieve a measure of success in online endeavors or in business related activities off-line.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Terrific article, Kreative.
    Just added a comment singing the praises of this delightful site, and the people on it.

I would urge others to do it. It's easy, and very satisfying.

I see that chris from tamebay comment got removed & then mine got removed for mentioning that his was removed, so i am posting it again.

Chris hit the nail on the head & it shows as the post has been removed, I was seriously thinking of listing here on eBid again as I have a lot of collectible comics & toys, but once again i see how things work here if someone don't like what you have to say they remove your comments.

I know this will get removed again & that is fine as i will just post it to tamebay for all to see.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have never been on Tamebay. Was wondering if Chris's comment was pulled over there? If so, seems a bit odd that a co-founder or publisher could have his post pulled on their own site. Perhaps I'm not seeing this clearly.

Great article. I am still quite new to ebid and pushing hard through pinterest, twitter etc to get the sales (I've had a few) I am still on ebay but with all their changes on visability, price hikes, the stupid DRS system etc etc sales were falling over there anyway.

I find ebid easy to use, a lot cheaper, and the forums are nice (some are downright scary on ebay) and for the saving on fees I'm more than happy to sit at my pc and promote my ebid wherever I can. I always include a link to my shop in any ebay parcel I send too although going by my buddy points I've only managed to bring one person over to ebid but he/she has signed up as a seller.

The sooner I can get more sales here and close ebay, the better in my book.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1947)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knittingtopia2010 View Post
    I find ebid easy to use, a lot cheaper, and the forums are nice (some are downright scary on ebay) and for the saving on fees I'm more than happy to sit at my pc and promote my ebid wherever I can. I always include a link to my shop in any ebay parcel I send too although going by my buddy points I've only managed to bring one person over to ebid but he/she has signed up as a seller.
    Good for you!

Thread Information