eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    I don't see why small and medium business don't use ebid as a place to list all there stock online for very little cost and and used as many other alternative site at the same time.
    I'm afraid the answer is very simple - lack of API. Thing is if you're going to list as a small/medium business you probably have a limited number of any particular item and want software automation to remove it from all sites if it's sold on one. You can do that with your website, eBay, Amazon, Play, Overstock, Pixmania, La Redoute, PriceMinister and many other marketplaces. You simply can't do it with eBid and that's the biggest reason everyone that's paid for a lifetime membership simply don't bother to list on eBid, let alone spend time optimising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I bet Herman was pi$$ed that you sold his chairs!
    I didn't ask him

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    I'm afraid the answer is very simple - lack of API. Thing is if you're going to list as a small/medium business you probably have a limited number of any particular item and want software automation to remove it from all sites if it's sold on one. You can do that with your website, eBay, Amazon, Play, Overstock, Pixmania, La Redoute, PriceMinister and many other marketplaces. You simply can't do it with eBid and that's the biggest reason everyone that's paid for a lifetime membership simply don't bother to list on eBid, let alone spend time optimising.
    To be honest matey you seam to now be searching for reasons to bash ebid with? You have pick one part of a large post and ran with it any comment on the other points raised in my last post😉

Not all business operate the same way. An API would be great for ebid yes but you could still manage your stock from the site itself it may not be automated and take slightly longer to do it.
    What did people selling online do before API's?

I don't think the lack of API is a massive turn off for medium to large company's to use this site. I think the bigger turn off for not using this site is a lack of understanding how to make the site work for them or the lack of ability to change the selling practice to suit ebid from eBay.

For goodness sake you asked a question I answered. The rest of your post is covered by "let alone spend time optimising" but I only focused on the API because quite frankly managing inventory is the biggest issue for most multi-channel sellers and if they can't manage then they won't list.

Now I'm quite happy for you to disagree with me and explain why you think the lack of an API shouldn't be an issue should you wish to. However you look like you're grasping at straws using my API answer to accuse me of looking for excuses to bash eBid

PS My name isn't Matey, it's Chris although you can call me Matey if you like, it brings back fond childhood memories of Matey Bubble Bath for those old enough to remember.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mount

You simply can't do it with eBid and that's the biggest reason everyone that's paid for a lifetime membership simply don't bother to list on eBid, let alone spend time optimising.

Why would anyone pay for a lifetime membership on ebid if a API was a must have for their buisness?
    You would think they would ensure a API was available before joining.

For goodness sake you asked a question I answered. The rest of your post is covered by "let alone spend time optimising" but I only focused on the API because quite frankly managing inventory is the biggest issue for most multi-channel sellers and if they can't manage then they won't list.

Now I'm quite happy for you to disagree with me and explain why you think the lack of an API shouldn't be an issue should you wish to. However you look like you're grasping at straws using my API answer to accuse me of looking for excuses to bash eBid

PS My name isn't Matey, it's Chris although you can call me Matey if you like, it brings back fond childhood memories of Matey Bubble Bath for those old enough to remember.
    Sorry Chris but as you don't have your name in your id didn't think it was polite to use it. I call everyone matey but hey ho sorry to offend.

To be honest I do think you are trying to look at ebid objectively do you have info from business that have been turn off by ebid down to just API? Other then random posts on this or your forum? Have you poled business to give you a honest and independent view of the this site? Something that you could post on your site?

To be fair a lot of users to this site and forum have seen many an ex eBay saying this and that about this site after being here for about 5 mims and not even getting to know the site very well. So it would be interesting to see if these companies that have spoken to you about the site to see it they have missed something as many others have and have started to use once it was pointed out to them how to do this and that.

Would be interesting to get a honest opinion of what companies that have tried the site think?

As for the bubble bath it came in a blue bottle with a white cap shaped like a sailor I am old enough to remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Why would anyone pay for a lifetime membership on ebid if a API was a must have for their buisness?
    You would think they would ensure a API was available before joining.
    There are tons of people who bought an eBid lifetime membership many years ago but don't currently use the site. Many of them have had their interest piqued by Andy's posts. However things have moved on over the last decade or so. Where once marketplace businesses were pretty much eBay only, they're almost certainly multiple eBay sites plus multiple Amazon sites plus Website and possibly other marketplaces as well.

However I hear that it's not impossible eBid might get an API after their mobile app development is complete which would be a huge positive... personally I think if solutions like Linnworks/SellerExpress/ChannelGrabber etc were able to connect to an eBid API the chances are high that a ton of retailers would click the box, launch their products onto eBid and then perhaps spend some time optimising them.

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    do you have info from business that have been turn off by ebid down to just API?
    No offence taken (and I would change my user id or edit it if I could work out how to!!).... I think you can still get Matey - sure I saw it in the pound shop last Christmas!

I don't have any specific poll info to suggest that it's just the API that turns people off, but when not a single multi-channel management platform supports eBid (or can without an API), that's a pretty big barrier to entry for anyone using software. The reverse would also be true... if you could click a button in your management software to list on eBid why wouldn't you?

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote made immediately after all my comments on these forums were deleted - gagging and silencing tends to reinforce opinion hence the comment. Interesting that since I spoke to eBid on Twitter not a single comment deleted

Are you telling me that eBid is no good for selling printers because if so you're totally wrong, just because you wouldn't be prepared to spend that much on eBid doesn't mean that other's aren't. In fact I spoke to a seller just this afternoon who's sold printers on eBid!!

Surprised to be honest that you think eBid not a suitable site for high end items (not that I think they're high end).... really really strange and I though I was the sceptic!
    Teddy & pram comes to mind.

I am not saying that ebid is not suitable for high end items, only that buying on the net as changed since you & I started selling on ebay.

Buyers are now more savvy than they used to be when ebay first started up, that also goes for myself.
    Buyers are also now more savvy about certain high end items being sold over the net by scamming sellers
    IMO most buyers now mainly like to buy high end items from sellers who have an established record of sales, along with a good service, rather than buying high end items from a newbie seller.

No I am not saying that sellers should sell stuff that is usually found in pound shops to get fb .
    I sell mainly mid to high end items, so no I do not have a problem with buying a high end item off ebid, but I would research a sellers fb before buying an high end item off any site be it ebid, Amazon or any other site on the web .

What were the duration the items were listed for as part of your test?
    How many times did you run those items/ tests?

I would research a sellers fb before buying an high end item off any site be it ebid, Amazon or any other site on the web .
    If everyone was like you that would mean new sellers on any site would never get a sale. Thankfully not everyone is like you, but I totally understand that feedback is helpful. However I still think a marketplace should have safeguards in place so that buyers felt safe regardless which seller they purchase from - account takeovers do happen.

What were the duration the items were listed for as part of your test?
    How many times did you run those items/ tests?
    10 days/Once.
    Couldn't even get registered on Tazbar, no wonder they went bust.
    eBid nil sales
    Gumtree half a dozen sales
    eBay can't remember, but way more than Gumtree.
    Worth noting I slashed something like a third off the price to make them an absolute bargain for eBid and Gumtree and kept the normal price on eBay.
    To be fair back in those days there were almost no printers or TFTs on eBid so it might be different if I tried again today. There still aren't many products in those eBid categories but there are at least some!

Thread Information