View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    ..... Buccaneers?
    I've got two buccaneers.....

....they stop my glasses from falling over my face!

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, funneee! It's the way you tell 'em.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I read the forums before joining & gazza stated the api was moved to the top of their to do list in 2007, so I joined with a lifetime seller acct. I even had several listing companies ready to make their software work with eBid but the api never was released, so that is why some joined because gazza stated the api was coming.

Here is what he said & a link to the thread where he posted the info.

Here is a forum topic from 2005 http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...&highlight=api

Here is what Gazza said about it in 2007 lol it has been moved to the top of their to do list & that was 6 years ago lol

18th February 2005, 03:28 AM #2
    gazza

The eBid API is being planned for the second half 2005. We can get the chat going now though...

SOAP over XML .. can you expand on this..

Need complete list of functions required... A list of functions currently in place in any other auction site APIs would be useful..

1st December 2007, 09:59 AM #10
    gazza

It has recently moved to the top of our todo list and is being worked on at the moment. We have not time for its delivery but the main functions will all be available through it.

Will keep you posted.

Gazza
    Fair Comment, obviously it would be beneficial for big retailers if there was an API in place.
    Though if a API was a must have I would of waited until the API was in place before shelling out for a seller+ account .

I do not know if ebid would or could be suitable for the big retailers as ebid does not have an API in place , I do not disagree without with you as it is something that is not a must have where I am concerned. Though it would be good if ebid did have one for the potential sellers who need one.

IMO Not having a API does not make ebid unviable for some small to medium sellers, who are no longer wanted as part of the new ebay internet mall.
    As Kreative (Andy) as shown and others have stated it is possible to make good monies on ebid as a small to medium sellers.
    Ebid could be a viable alternative for the culled ebay sellers if they work at getting the sales.

Not all the culled sellers were bad sellers IMO, some just could not offer next day despatch, their DSR were high for descriptions etc with 100% fb . IMO a slower despatch time within reason does not make a seller a bad seller, as long as they havee stated a longer despatch time within their listing.

Not all culled sellers can off a next day despatch due to other commitments e.g work, family etc but may have the items that potential buyers want at a good price, but could still despatch with a 2 to 3 days or even 7 days. As a buyer I would not knock a seller if they were up front with their despatch time, if I need an item urgently I would buy from another seller. Good correct description and a reasonable despatch time is good enough for me when buying.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid needs to attract medium sellers to fill in the gaps in its lsistngs

Eg Toys
    Printer consumables
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 27th November 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Ebid needs to medium sellers to fill in the gaps in its lsistngs

Eg Toys
    Printer consumables
    Agree.
    This site could be a potential viable alternative for the good small to medium sellers ebay have culled due to the unfair DSR system & the evolving of the site into a site for the big Retailers & Chinese

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't forget that due to the increased Ebay fee element introduced in September, sellers over there have been forced to hike their average prices....the knock on effect is that buyers are having to think as regards making their purchases.
    I also noticed that auction style listings are now having to start with what appear to be high starting bids, add to this a hiked postage fee and all sellers seeming to insist that even 99p items are posted using a signed for service then it looks like the average hobby sellers days are numbered.
    More buyers are drifting over to Ebid, but i know that it isn't at the rate that everyone would have liked, all i can say is that at some point there will be a marked breaking point, and i would suggest that all sellers who are holding items for sale should be using this time for listing here, and pulling more buyers in....i still have a lot more to list on ebid and it's only time that is preventing me from adding these items.

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Don't forget that due to the increased Ebay fee element introduced in September, sellers over there have been forced to hike their average prices....the knock on effect is that buyers are having to think as regards making their purchases.
    I also noticed that auction style listings are now having to start with what appear to be high starting bids, add to this a hiked postage fee and all sellers seeming to insist that even 99p items are posted using a signed for service then it looks like the average hobby sellers days are numbered.
    More buyers are drifting over to Ebid, but i know that it isn't at the rate that everyone would have liked, all i can say is that at some point there will be a marked breaking point, and i would suggest that all sellers who are holding items for sale should be using this time for listing here, and pulling more buyers in....i still have a lot more to list on ebid and it's only time that is preventing me from adding these items.
    Agree that the extra fees e.g 10% of the postage, signed for etc on top of the inital cost listing fees, numerous relist fees high fvf, lower search placement if not sent within 24 hrs, along with the past sales criteria favouring sellers why huge inventories, with the other site no longer guarantteing listings be shown in searches all done IMO with the intention of getting rid of the hobby sellers, small to medium sellers.

Agree more & more buyers are coming here, more & more will come in time as prices will continue to go up on the other site so sellers can pay the extra fees, until the unwanted sellers realise the other site is no longer viable for them.

Shame this site does not get the good publicity promoting how it could be a viable site for the small to medium sellers, rather than being knocked for not being viable site for the big retailers, thus putting ebid in direct competition with the other site.

Thread Information