eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Welcome to eBid.
    Like you I am a refugee from eBay, and I came here because I wanted to carry on in a small way without the pressures and aggression I found there.

You will have to think differently here: At the moment, there isn't the same traffic as on The Dark Side, so you will probably not get multiple bids often. So you will not get the runaway bidding that sometimes happens there.

What I do is set by auction price to the least I will accept, and add a BIN price at what I would like to get.

It is important to have a BIN price, because that will get you onto Google shopping, and a lot of exposure.

Read the posts on here about key words, Pinterest (very good), Facebook & Twitter.
    Read the eBid knowledge base - http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0033, that will give you a lot of informaton.

You may find things a bit slow at first, but if you work at it, it will build up.

This is such a friendly place, that you will not regret joining us.

Default Re: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Lovely helpful comments from squern. Well done, Sir.

Hi again floratreasure,
    I have approx 4,700 items listed from 5 different shops.
    They are all 'live' on 8 to 10 day relists.
    It's hard work relisting them all as they end, but at least they are not stagnant listings, on RUS - Run Until Sold, which are static listings and never move up the items for sale scale - so are less obvious to your would-be purchasers.

I see that you have filled in your 'about me' page ... good.
    Now, you need a link in your posts so that us nosy folk can click on to see what you are selling!
    Have another look through Astral's guide to find out how to do this, and if you get stuck - just shout!
    Don't forget - you can open up FIVE shops - all for free if you are signed up as seller+ lifetime member - and list anything and everything for zero, zilch, nothing, nada ..... and you only have to pay 2% selling fees if you sell your item.
    All my feedbacks are from eBid, none imported, and I have to say that the initial enrollment fee was quickly recuperated, and I am enjoying every minute of being a successful eBid member.
    My sales are great this month, and are increasing - which makes me want to list more and more - and why not?
    It doesn't cost us a penny - unlike other places.
    So - floratreasure - Go for it!
    You reap what you sow.
    All my best wishes for a successful selling experience on eBid, and keep asking for advice if you need it.
    We really are a friendly bunch!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I have been on ebid more than 2 months and nothing sells at all!
    I have a feeling most of the members are actually sellers and no buyers at all. I have given 50% off for nearly 2 months and still no sales.
    How sad

Shoparoundtheglobe

Forum Newbie
    View Koryjim's Feedback (+41)
    All-About Koryjim
    View Koryjim's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoparoundtheglobe View Post
    I have a feeling most of the members are actually sellers and no buyers at all. I have given 50% off for nearly 2 months and still no sales.
    How sad

Shoparoundtheglobe
    I have been on here for 3 years. I can put something on here for a month and go to another auction site that I don't kike and over charges everyone and it will sell in a week. I paid up front here and thought I would do good. Have sold 1 thing. I sell thousands on the other site. Of course they put the hurts to me but at least it sells. It cost less here and I price everything for less but still its a no go.

How sad

Shoparoundtheglobe
    I suggest taking a look at the advice given on this and other threads. I took the liberty of having a quick look at your listings and you could make changes that would help. They are all RUS which might not help. You could use better keywords and titles, for example the Gucci watch does not have the number. You also state no returns and if I was going to spend $500 on a watch that would put me right off.

The sales can be made on eBid, but not as frequently if you use eBay selling tactics, you need to adapt to the selling environment.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

How sad

Shoparoundtheglobe
    You have some lovely items for sale.
    The photos could be better especially where the jewelry is concerned.
    As advised previously I would change from RUS so the listings move up the searches.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1947)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

How sad

Shoparoundtheglobe
    Just a suggestion - re-take your photographs. The photos of the items I looked at were quite blurry.

Hi FloraTreasure, I am new here also but also I sell on ebay. I have over 900 items for sale at awesome prices and I've been a member here for a few weeks now. I haven't sold not one item. I contacted ebid last week for them to take a look at my listings to see if I am doing anything wrong. They gave me advice and I listened, but still nothing. I am about to give up here, its very frustrating.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

900 items at good prices.....contacted Ebid last week and took their advice and still no sales.

This is a common problem for many.

The United States, unfortunately doesn't enjoy as much visibility for some reason, and Ebid really struggles to be seen. This site is handicapped by lower levels of traffic....obviously everyone tells us its because there are no buyers coming here....well....of course this is obvious....but its actually an effect of us not having enough serious sellers over here, and this is the cause o the effect....if you like, there simply aren't enough interesting listings to draw the many buyers to the site that are out there searching the internet.

There is one good bit of news that you provide....and this is that you're still currently selling and i assume successfully with other sites.

Its via these other sites that you can promote your Ebid activities....you can include a brief and to the point flyer in your packages letting your current buyers know that you're trading elsewhere and are able to offer these awesome prices...i mean....why bother with the dead duck that is promoting by using social media when you've already got an attentive audience to exploit?.

I'm not making any guarantee that you'll turn your Ebid fortunes around in a short time, but what you will be doing is making a good job of raising active buyer awareness that there is another site to buy from.

In addition....your 900 items for sale are playing their part in casting an even wider net that will draw more buyers to the site....you have understood the relevance of meeting Google's listing requirements?.

So for now you've at least got your sales being made elsewhere that can push the Ebid name.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

this is a very old thread and the op has no listings. Lakeside, none of your listings are available to the uk and that is where the greater part of the members reside. offer postage to the uk and your items will be visible here
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information