My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Default New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Hello forum!

I am new to Ebid, but am coming from Ebay for various reasons. I notice that immediately (like within 10 seconds) I have 15 views. This is with every single listing. Are these numbers actual potential customers or is it Ebid screening my listings? Just curious. Also, I would like to know how comparable this Platform is to Ebay (as far as traffic and potential sales) and whether or not Ebid is growing. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and ANY information at all is appreciated.

Thanks
    Floratreasure

Default Re: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

Quote Originally Posted by floratreasure View Post
    Hello forum!

I am new to Ebid, but am coming from Ebay for various reasons. I notice that immediately (like within 10 seconds) I have 15 views. This is with every single listing. Are these numbers actual potential customers or is it Ebid screening my listings? Just curious. Also, I would like to know how comparable this Platform is to Ebay (as far as traffic and potential sales) and whether or not Ebid is growing. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and ANY information at all is appreciated.

Thanks
    Floratreasure
    Not sure about the views, but it would be strange to have the same number on them all.

As for eBid compared to eBay in a word - better!

Traffic is lower, there is not the massive advertising budget and eBid is generally less well known, but traffic is improving every month.
    Potential sales will depend entirely on you. The sales are there but you have to get your listings seen and be priced so that the potential buyers take a closer look and hit the buy button. Getting them seen will mean using good keywords and description and adding Barcode (or EXEMPT if not available), brand and a BIN price. That should then get you onto Google Shopping and that is where a lot of my sales are from. For pricing I always recommend dropping eBay prices by about 5%, the main reasons being that you should appear higher in searches when filtered by cheapest and it also incentive for the potential buyer to become an actual buyer. With a 5% drop you still make more per sale due to the low fees.

Default Re: New to ebid...coming from ebay....any suggestions......i sell antiques

That is great information. I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to growing with Ebid.

That is great information. I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to growing with Ebid.
    Since starting just over 3 years ago my sales have gone from 5 worth less than £80 to around 50 a month. Value wise last month was over £1700 and I am hoping to do better this month. My metrics for views are showing a good increase recently as well. Basically once you have found the best way to list your items there is great potential for consistent and growing sales.

Also, are auction formats as reliable? Can I set an item up in auction format and start it at .99 and expect tp receive anywhere near market value?

Welcome! If a person uses auction format, it makes sense to start at the lowest price that the seller is comfortable accepting. As there isn't the traffic, if the seller gets a bid, it might only be one.

Hello floratreasure,
    a huge welcome to eBid.
    You will receive a wealth of info from the helpful folk here on the forums - you have made a good decision to introduce yourself.
    Set your bidding price at an amount that you would be happy to sell your item for - there are very few bidding wars here.
    Although it is sometimes hard to calculate a price that you would be happy to sell your item for, a Buy it Now price is essential if you want to get your items uploaded to Google shopping - which is where a lot of eBid's sales are generated.

It would help if you let your would-be customers know a little about you - fill in your 'about me' page and if you have any queries Astral's guide is the eBid bible! Anything you are unsure of, just ask! Good Luck!

Here it is: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0040
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thanks so much guys for all the advice. I have filled out the ABOUTME page and posted a few things in auction format and an item on BIN. I will keep you posted as to my success or lack there of. Thanks again and I am open to any criticism or ideas anyone can think of.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also, are auction formats as reliable? Can I set an item up in auction format and start it at .99 and expect tp receive anywhere near market value?
    The answer is no.
    Because traffic is lower, you will have less competition.
    However 99 cents is no longer part of the vocabulary. You need to start your auction at a price you are prepared to accept because that is often the price you receive.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thanks for that Billsbooks. I appreciate it. I notice (in other threads) that people talk about relisting a bunch and I was curious as to how much (roughly what percentage) do you have to relist? Are there better days to have stuff ending on? Really any advice is great for me. I know how EBAY works and I was curious as to how much of that knowledge is relevant here...

Thread Information