eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Win95 scanner work with Win8 pc?

Default Re: Will Win95 scanner work with Win8 pc?

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Just checked and he sells by 'phone and email also, so have PM'd those. Not sure about the Netiquette of adding them here.
    I imagine the advice would be to avoid mentioning contact details where there would be a temptation to bypass eBid with consequential loss of fees. But since the seller isn't on this site, I guess it doesn't matter.

Usual disclaimers though: IANAL, I don't play one on TV either.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About sue1945
    View sue1945's Listings
    Forum Posts

you would need a windows 8 driver. go to the scanner manufacturer website and check to see if your scanner is on there in the support section and checkout the downloads sometimes you get a scanner driver by searching google. i you can't find one either way just buy a new scanner that supports windows 8 because you know that will work

This thread is four years old! Thought it looked vaguely familiar though.

This thread is four years old! Thought it looked vaguely familiar though.

Likewise!

Actually I'm amazed you and I didn't mention "How about getting it working with Linux?".

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Likewise!

Actually I'm amazed you and I didn't mention "How about getting it working with Linux?".
    Hahahaha! Do you remember the days when you simply downloaded a generic printer driver, had all the codes from the manufacturer of the printer and edited the generic one? It's no wonder I became old before my time!

Hahahaha! Do you remember the days when you simply downloaded a generic printer driver, had all the codes from the manufacturer of the printer and edited the generic one? It's no wonder I became old before my time!

Hahaha, oh yes, memories, memories... The trouble now is, it still has that reputation. "Linux, what's that?". (Not "Linux, my Android phone is running that"). Or "Linux, my son in Australia uses it and loves it, but I couldn't possibly try it, even if you installed it for me". (Which should really be accompanied with "And it's so much easier to bring my Windows 10 computer to you to sort out due to me turning off a 3 hour update half way through!").

Do I sound bitter? I never was much good in sales.

That was much of the job though wasn't it? rescuing the hopeless and helpless? hahaha....

Used to get things like..." I want a pocketable camera with a strong flash that will light up the whole street!1...."Errr....my flashgun is 4 times the size of your camera and cannot do more than fill half this room!"

Quick science courses given in corners...explaining inverse square law with carpet squares
    !

That was much of the job though wasn't it? rescuing the hopeless and helpless? hahaha....

Used to get things like..." I want a pocketable camera with a strong flash that will light up the whole street!1...."Errr....my flashgun is 4 times the size of your camera and cannot do more than fill half this room!"

Quick science courses given in corners...explaining inverse square law with carpet squares
    !
    I'm sorry, you're completely wrong about that inverse square law. All those flashes going off in the Olympic stadium aren't just for photographing the back of the head of the spectator sitting immediately in front!

Or are they?

By the way, Canon have just brought out a flash unit with Artificial Intelligence! It even uses bounce flash when it can, off the ceiling or even the wall behind you. Though at about 500 quid the punters you're talking about probably aren't in the market.

Glad to say I'm not involved any longer...retired completely 10 years ago. I missed working with people, though, so I have been doing more and more with church organisations since then.

One other thing I ought to have mentioned in this thread... someone remarked on scanner/printers being cheaper than plain scanners because the maker recoups the cost with ink sales. True, and that brings me to an especially evil trick to watch out for when shortlisting your purchase. Some scanner/printers refuse to scan when the ink has run out. The ink has absolutely no relevance for scanning, but the manufacturer would like their pound of flesh. Don't get caught, do your research.

Thread Information