Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Comic books

Default Selling Comic books

I was just wondering if it would be worth me starting up a store to sell comic Books online.

This would be a weekly thing also.

Thanks and any advice is much appreciated.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Selling Comic books

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Not being a comic collector or seller I can't advise on sales per se, but if you're a seller+ member I'd say go for it as there are no listing or relisting fees. You'll never know how well it might go unless you try.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

YES

Some of the comic book sellers on eBid are doing quite well. A few sellers with the long term view of building up their listings and subsequently their customer base have seen some significant results. Those other sellers on eBid are your allies and not your competition. Another seller will increase the overall customer base by bringing new custom as well serving the existing customer base by adding to the range of issues available. The more range = the more reason for buyers to look more regularly = more sales.

Important keywords to have in the title when listing (among others):

Comic Name
    Comic Title
    Issue
    Year

Also the word Comic and the word Book

That may seem blindingly obvious - but sometimes it is the obvious which does get overlooked.

You may find it useful when you have listed your first item to come back to the forum and ask for any comments/advice. Any advice you will get will not be a critique - it will be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    YES

Some of the comic book sellers on eBid are doing quite well. A few sellers with the long term view of building up their listings and subsequently their customer base have seen some significant results. Those other sellers on eBid are your allies and not your competition. Another seller will increase the overall customer base by bringing new custom as well serving the existing customer base by adding to the range of issues available. The more range = the more reason for buyers to look more regularly = more sales.

Important keywords to have in the title when listing (among others):

Comic Name
    Comic Title
    Issue
    Year

Also the word Comic and the word Book

That may seem blindingly obvious - but sometimes it is the obvious which does get overlooked.

You may find it useful when you have listed your first item to come back to the forum and ask for any comments/advice. Any advice you will get will not be a critique - it will be constructive.
    Thank you for you helpful reply hopefully i will have my first listings up and running in the next few weeks. Would it be best to list as an auction or as a buy it now option.

Also what would be the best offer for p&p?

Hi Matey
    I'M a comic book seller and have been on here for over 5 years.
    Sales have really kicked in this last year my average sales are anywhere from 80 to 100 units per month which is good for a hobbyist.
    Not sure if you would be a hobbyist or a business with a diamond order to hit each month though if it was the latter then I am sure you would have to sell on multi platforms eg ebid and others sites.
    Main stream comics don't seam to do as well as if in a shop for me but my more obscure tittles do very well here.
    Don't be tempted to list as RUS that's what i did to start with and there was not to many sales best to list as auto re-list with a buy is now price auctions don't work well here.
    As regards to P&P it would depend on who you ship with I offer 2nd class record which seams to suit most customers it would be best to offer options for the customer with a progressively lower price eg start are next day with the most expensive price and work down from there.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Hi Matey
    I'M a comic book seller and have been on here for over 5 years.
    Sales have really kicked in this last year my average sales are anywhere from 80 to 100 units per month which is good for a hobbyist.
    Not sure if you would be a hobbyist or a business with a diamond order to hit each month though if it was the latter then I am sure you would have to sell on multi platforms eg ebid and others sites.
    Main stream comics don't seam to do as well as if in a shop for me but my more obscure tittles do very well here.
    Don't be tempted to list as RUS that's what i did to start with and there was not to many sales best to list as auto re-list with a buy is now price auctions don't work well here.
    As regards to P&P it would depend on who you ship with I offer 2nd class record which seams to suit most customers it would be best to offer options for the customer with a progressively lower price eg start are next day with the most expensive price and work down from there.
    I was thinking of doing it as a business with a diamond order, Sadly i was banned from feebay for association to someone who had been restricted for life for selling and now so have i. Ebid seem to be my only other option to sell comics thus far. i will be starting with my personal collection though.

Thanks for you advice please if you have any more info that could help please leave a message.

Forum Newbie
    View Capitalmale's Feedback (+524)
    All-About Capitalmale
    View Capitalmale's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to hear sales are picking up here. I joined in 2011 to sell comics, diversifying away from that other auction site. I did not have much success but decided to give it another try based on the comments here. Of course, I'm selling in the United States so my experience may be different.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Comics on eBid Google+ page is really taken off in the last 3 months.
    With two comics ( one from the US and one from the US ) uploaded to it every hour, it has really created an buzz on the comic collectors communities. I have seen a huge increase in the views coming from this page ( and others ) so now would be a great time to start.
    Dean

Forum Newbie
    View Capitalmale's Feedback (+524)
    All-About Capitalmale
    View Capitalmale's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eBidSocial View Post
    The Comics on eBid Google+ page is really taken off in the last 3 months.
    With two comics ( one from the US and one from the US ) uploaded to it every hour, it has really created an buzz on the comic collectors communities. I have seen a huge increase in the views coming from this page ( and others ) so now would be a great time to start.
    Dean

I think what you mean is there is supposed to be two pages of listings: one from the UK and one from the US, or one Comics on Ebid Google+ page with one comic from US and one comic from UK uploaded each hour. The.Comics on Ebid Google+ page I looked at had 2 UK based comics upload each hour.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

It pulls the latest that have been listed so if no US based comic listings were uploaded to ebid in the hour previous to the last feed search, then it will not upload.
    Also there is more that one feed going to the page based on different search terms ( for example 'DC' and 'Marvel'), so I should have said two from US and two from US.
    Dean

* just fixed the US feed
    Last edited by eBidSocial; 11th March 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Thread Information