eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do books sell on ebid?

Default Re: Do books sell on ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50 View Post
    As I've now got a second item with a bid, the answer to my question seems to be YES!... I'll keep listing to 2 hundred items and see how it goes from there.
    Great news on the bids, I stll list books, though not as many as when I started, but still sell a few each month.

That's great news on the two bids on a roll matey.
    I was the same about changing from my ebay selling practice I had a store on there and just copied the same format of selling from there to here and though i go some sales very quickly my sales took a massive jump once I took some advise from some sellers on here and it was a massive change from what I had been doing it was also a massive wrench and a lot of work to start with but now sales are good for me on here and i have kind of stop listing on the bay altogether.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    I was the same about changing from my ebay selling practice I had a store on there and just copied the same format of selling from there to here and though i go some sales very quickly my sales took a massive jump once I took some advise from some sellers on here and it was a massive change from what I had been doing it was also a massive wrench and a lot of work to start with but now sales are good for me on here and i have kind of stop listing on the bay altogether.
    Once again, thanks..all advice will be absorbed and considerd. A final update (I don't want to become even more boring) on the sales, a third bidder has put offers in on 5 items giving me a total of 7 sales so far...Ebay eat your heart out..

I gave up with books once the new postal rates kicked in my book shop is now audio books as this is selling so far so good but books are dead and I gave around 200 to charity shops to clear my stocks as dont want to keep looking at them that much i would rather have a bank account full of money and no stock here if I were you i would get rid of them a total waste of time as much as i like ebid either give them away or car boot them if I had a car I would of done that in fact I would load a lorry up and boot everything as getting on my nerves seeing all my listings and stock everyday end of rant many sells to all

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, very time I go to the post office to post a parcel I tell the teller that their postal rates are KILLING my online sales.

I think books are dying
    CD's are dying
    DVD are dying
    In fact I think online selling is dying.

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes, very time I go to the post office to post a parcel I tell the teller that their postal rates are KILLING my online sales.

I think books are dying
    CD's are dying
    DVD are dying
    In fact I think online selling is dying.
    Do you really think that? Most high street sellers put cheap prices at supermarkets (but only on chart items) and online sellers as the reason the independant shops are closing.
    So if online sales are dying where do you think buyers are getting their books/CDs/DVDs from?

What advice boosted your sales please?
    Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50 View Post
    Do you really think that? Most high street sellers put cheap prices at supermarkets (but only on chart items) and online sellers as the reason the independant shops are closing.
    So if online sales are dying where do you think buyers are getting their books/CDs/DVDs from?
    I don't think that anyone knows the real answer to all of the quesions.

All I know is what I see.
    Many DVD and CD and Book sellers are giving up selling online as they are squeezed between low prices, high fees and high postage.

People are buying less books due to ebooks
    And so many people give books away at fairs and charity shops etc.
    On line sales in general are under threat because of constantly rising postage costs.
    Younger people do not buy as many books, or CD's or collectibles as older people, so the market will gradually die.
    And there are far less auction sites than there were a few years ago.
    And none of the alts is getting any traction.

I've often seen it asserted that ebooks are actually getting people interested in the written word again and that this is also bringing new customers to printed books.

It wouldn't greatly surprise me. Ebooks certainly have their uses and advantages over dead trees, but a paperback is pleasant to read and can actually be lent to friends or passed on. Something that's difficult or impossible in the world of Digital Restrictions Management.

Did you know that Amazon can actually tell when you read their ebooks, which pages you spend time on? And if they find they've sold an ebook they didn't have rights for, they can delete it from your Kindle, no ifs no buts no permission from you... just 'poof' and it's gone!

Just google for 'Amazon delete ebook' if you don't believe me.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

My daughter is annoyed by the cost of eBooks (they're not cheap), and that she can't share them or pass them on when she's finished. We trade a lot of printed books in our family, to each other and friends, and she borrows her share of them. eBooks have their place, but it's limited.

The next time we have a power outage and batteries are going dead, I'll be curled up with some candles and an old-fashioned book while other people are stuck with no TV, no phones, no computers, dead batteries, and nothing to do.

Thread Information