Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do books sell on ebid?

Default Re: Do books sell on ebid?

As for your suggestion that I'm not giving Ebid a fair chance by not using all the tools available, I'm just not prepared to pay £50.00 at this stage, most of the items I list start at 99p so it would take a long time to get the £50 back. If Ebid is no longer a place for auctions then perhaps I am on the wrong site.

hi spot50
    the tools I refer to has nothing to do with the life time seller + offer.
    I to am only a hobbyist myself and am in the same boat as you when it comes to income.
    The thing is with ebay alt sites is that there is not the footfall on these sites themselves so google is there friends.
    Think about it this way customer see's item on ebay/amazon but is unwilling to pay the price on these sites. the customer doesn't then go through all the alt sites they have heard off if they have heard of any. what they do do is a google search for the item they are looking for which then in turn leads them to ebid. 90% of my customers come to me from a google search to start with I now have 5 customers that come back to me nearly once a month and buy multiple items from me.
    So you see buy you not having a BIN price on you listings you take yourself out of the most important tool for this site. Its like you having a shop in the bullring with no windows,door or sign no one will know your there.
    I am not saying get rid of you auctions what i am saying is add a BIN Price to your listings to put them in google searches.
    The other thing I have noticed is some of your listing pre date ISBN numbers have you fill in ISBN box with EXEMPT for these listings have you put the publisher of the book in the brand box?
    Also looking at your listings the pictures are good but there is only one? I can't see the back of the book or any of the inside pages there are no description of the books condition in the listing either.
    I am not sure the option you use only allows for one picture then why not use Photobucket to convert images and add html code to picture then you can add them to the body of the text?
    also why no gallery picture is this due to cost?
    I also noticed that you have still not filled out you about me page even if you just put details about some of your books in it it is better then having It blank.
    Have just done a google search for you using your user name and ebid and this forum post and your about me page come up before the 4 listing you do have that qualify for google so this would be your first point of contact with customers shame for them to turn round and walk away because you didn't want to put a few lines about what you sell or your t and c's.
    The biggest thing when people start to list here is to shack off the bay seller mentality but as soon as you figure that things are very different here then the happier you will be.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    As for your suggestion that I'm not giving Ebid a fair chance by not using all the tools available, I'm just not prepared to pay £50.00 at this stage, most of the items I list start at 99p so it would take a long time to get the £50 back. If Ebid is no longer a place for auctions then perhaps I am on the wrong site.

hi spot50
    the tools I refer to has nothing to do with the life time seller + offer.
    I to am only a hobbyist myself and am in the same boat as you when it comes to income.
    The thing is with ebay alt sites is that there is not the footfall on these sites themselves so google is there friends.
    Think about it this way customer see's item on ebay/amazon but is unwilling to pay the price on these sites. the customer doesn't then go through all the alt sites they have heard off if they have heard of any. what they do do is a google search for the item they are looking for which then in turn leads them to ebid. 90% of my customers come to me from a google search to start with I now have 5 customers that come back to me nearly once a month and buy multiple items from me.
    So you see buy you not having a BIN price on you listings you take yourself out of the most important tool for this site. Its like you having a shop in the bullring with no windows,door or sign no one will know your there.
    I am not saying get rid of you auctions what i am saying is add a BIN Price to your listings to put them in google searches.
    The other thing I have noticed is some of your listing pre date ISBN numbers have you fill in ISBN box with EXEMPT for these listings have you put the publisher of the book in the brand box?
    Also looking at your listings the pictures are good but there is only one? I can't see the back of the book or any of the inside pages there are no description of the books condition in the listing either.
    I am not sure the option you use only allows for one picture then why not use Photobucket to convert images and add html code to picture then you can add them to the body of the text?
    also why no gallery picture is this due to cost?
    I also noticed that you have still not filled out you about me page even if you just put details about some of your books in it it is better then having It blank.
    Have just done a google search for you using your user name and ebid and this forum post and your about me page come up before the 4 listing you do have that qualify for google so this would be your first point of contact with customers shame for them to turn round and walk away because you didn't want to put a few lines about what you sell or your t and c's.
    The biggest thing when people start to list here is to shack off the bay seller mentality but as soon as you figure that things are very different here then the happier you will be.
    Once agian a very helpful thread with lots to think about. I think the one piece of advice that really stands out for me is the suggestion that I need to rid myself of the Ebay way of selling (difficult after 6 enjoyable years) I'll certainly try.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know this may sound strange from a grown-up man, but I've just had my first bid placed on one of my book auctions...and I'm excited and thrilled.......

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50 View Post
    I know this may sound strange from a grown-up man, but I've just had my first bid placed on one of my book auctions...and I'm excited and thrilled.......
    Aw! You can be as childlike as you want to be when you have a first bid or first sale on ebid. Well done!

Alright Alright Now Now Now...Let's help each other not fight and take it out on each other! I hear it all (the lack of sales) being blamed on the sellers. Don't you think if that were so then it wouldn't be the problem of so many sellers? I research all of my prices extensively and put them right in the median or lower. I have a good variety of different stuff. I adjust my prices by way of spreadsheet calculation for the other and ebid and make the prices different accordingly. I get many views and no sales. I advertise and talk up ebid wherever and whenever can.
    I am not willing to post things at 99c and take that risk. Shipping is a killer. i don't know the answer but I do know we should stick together instead of apart. Peace Love and Happiness. People and Tree Hugger

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50 View Post
    I have not been here that long, but I still remember feeling just as you describe when I had my first sale.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    View booja41's Feedback (+134)
    All-About booja41
    View booja41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Alright Alright Now Now Now...Let's help each other not fight and take it out on each other! I hear it all (the lack of sales) being blamed on the sellers. Don't you think if that were so then it wouldn't be the problem of so many sellers? I research all of my prices extensively and put them right in the median or lower. I have a good variety of different stuff. I adjust my prices by way of spreadsheet calculation for the other and ebid and make the prices different accordingly. I get many views and no sales. I advertise and talk up ebid wherever and whenever can.
    I am not willing to post things at 99c and take that risk. Shipping is a killer. i don't know the answer but I do know we should stick together instead of apart. Peace Love and Happiness. People and Tree Hugger
    I agree with you Ebideclectics, we do need to stick together and stick to it! Commitment is something we all need to practice more of.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I've now got a second item with a bid, the answer to my question seems to be YES!... I'll keep listing to 2 hundred items and see how it goes from there.

Thread Information