Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Do books sell on ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by peterpunto08 View Post
    Omg.....I'm a 'forum lurker' now instead of newbie...dunno that I like the sound of that! lol

My fees to eBid have been paid, its a really nice site, I'm not relying solely on this for an income.......so it's a case of just sitting back, watching the scenery, and enjoying the ride

Oops, that doesn't sound very pro-active does it?......but you know what I mean, I'm sure?
    While for the moment you're a forum lurker....what you'll find is that when the majority of your posts get deleted you'll be back to being a forum newbie again.

You reckon you're not acting proactively?....i'd say that you are....simply by listing on Ebid you are doing your bit to increase the sites overall appeal to new buyers....and those existing ones.
    If you're still selling elsewhere, then this is good as it enables you to raise awareness of Ebid via your sales there....you know the sort of thing , put advertising literature into the packages etc....but a word of caution....don't be tempted to list only your better items on other sites....Ebid is just as deserving as quality listings as anywhere else, and you'll actually have greater success by doing this as well as the potential to keep more o the final selling price for yourself.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just sold 3 Brother Cadfael paperbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Just sold 3 Brother Cadfael paperbacks
    Well done Annie!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie - there is a Brother C fan running loose. Lost mine, too.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Things I notice about books and the selling or acquiring of them.

Our local thrift shop is full of them. A person can buy a paperback for .25 or a hard cover for .50 generally. Some of the books might be more depending on what it is, maybe $2 or $3. All proceeds from the thrift shop go to our local hospital. The shop is staffed by volunteers and has been doing wonderful things in this town for several decades.

WalMart is the only place in town that has a few new ones for sale. One of the drug stores had a lot of books and magazines. The magazines are still there, but all the books were just recently removed. All of them and the book racks that they were on.

The library is gradually down sizing the book shelves. Racks of DVDs and more computer stations are what I see there. People talk loudly at the library these days, even the librarian. More and more ebooks. Less reference books. The library closes for the evening and on weekends, which was the time that students went to do research for a report on something, back when I was in school.

Yes, the times they are a changin'. Always.

Thread Information