eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay to eBid using a Mac -- any ideas?

View Tallshrew's Feedback (+774)
    All-About Tallshrew
    View Tallshrew's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBay to eBid using a Mac -- any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by goodk9 View Post
    Hi! I'm just getting started on eBid (like many others, disgusted with eBay). Anyway, I only use a Mac and Turbo Lister doesn't work with Macs. So, does anyone have any ideas on how I can pull my listings from eBay to here?

I also use another website (which shall remain nameless) -- wound up doing the "cut & paste" thing with my listings for it.

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice!
    I use Turbolister as a database and cut and paste from that - works for me.

EDIT - Whoops - sorry - just seen the bit about TL not working with macs - silly me. Perhaps you could buy a PC.
    Last edited by Tallshrew; 5th October 2013 at 04:37 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View moomingirl's Feedback (+422)
    All-About moomingirl
    View moomingirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1UpAuctions View Post
    I found a solution for you I downloaded a program called CrossOver for Mac it will trick you mac into letting you install Turbo Lister to create the CSV files to upload with ninja lister. The Program is free to try which is what I did but Im thinking of buying it for this purpose alone. I spent hours searching and this is what worked for me. Now I just got to figure out how to post them after uploading them?
    I'm glad you got it to work, I tried using CrossOver today but Turbo Lister just keeps quitting out when I try to load it. No idea why, it looks like it's installed, it's there in the apps, when I click it it appears but then when I try yo access it it vanishes. So frustrated right now...

I know it's an old thread, but I'm currently trying to get TurboLister to run on Linux (which is quite similar to a Mac in many respects). I'm attempting this with Wine, the Windows emulator, but without success so far:

It looked pretty hopeful when it reached this stage, but then sat there with no further progress.

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-08-03 23-52-47.png
Views: 44
Size:  30.3 KB

However, there was a link installed on the desktop. Running that I got

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-08-03 23-54-55.png
Views: 43
Size:  26.5 KB

Very disappointing. Of course it will be pointless to mention this to eBay, that would feel like talking to a giant black hole.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Valiant effort it has to be said.
    I found Wine quite disappointing when I tried it years ago and had hoped it had improved since then.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Of course... If you have a Seller+ Lifetime account you no longer need to jump though such hoops. There is now the eBay import option on the My Bulk Uploads page.

No idea how seamless it is - I don't pay much attention nowadays.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

TurboLister was discontinued some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Valiant effort it has to be said.
    I found Wine quite disappointing when I tried it years ago and had hoped it had improved since then.
    Well, to be fair, I was trying this on a PC with Ubuntu 16.04, so I should really try with the latest. But more likely I'll pull an XP machine out of the attic and blow the dust off it.

Wine can work really well with well-written applications that stick to the rules. It's used by lots of big-name software, Picasa and TeamViewer are two that I've personally used. So I'm inclined to point the finger at TL rather than Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Of course... If you have a Seller+ Lifetime account you no longer need to jump though such hoops. There is now the eBay import option on the My Bulk Uploads page.

No idea how seamless it is - I don't pay much attention nowadays.
    Yes, I saw that. Two problems though. First, given how long it took to get Ninja Lister off the blocks, I don't fancy being a beta tester. Second, I especially don't fancy being a beta tester of something to which I have to hand over my login credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    TurboLister was discontinued some time ago.
    Yes, but it's one of the recommended solutions for migration. Ebay still host its download, they just don't support it.

Thanks for all the comments, appreciated. As you may guess, although I still list far more of my decluttering on ebay than here, I'm getting really twitchy about ebay, so many daft changes that I want to make sure I have a backup plan. Even their share price over the past 6 months shows how they're not only losing the plot for buyers and sellers, but investors are taking fright too.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Yes, I saw that. Two problems though. First, given how long it took to get Ninja Lister off the blocks, I don't fancy being a beta tester. Second, I especially don't fancy being a beta tester of something to which I have to hand over my login credentials.
    From a quick look that is not the way it works. You login to eBay via one of their secure (https) pages and authorise eBay to issue eBid a key with which to request your listing data be forwarded. So eBid has no access to your eBay account details - or anything beyond that listing data transfer.

You could check with admin here exactly how it works. You must do what you feel comfortable with though. It is not something I will ever need to do so my interest in the mechanics of the process is low to zero.

As for the comparison of the import routine with the early Ninja Lister, they are totally different kettles of fish. Most of the issues with the early Ninja Lister were with the program rather than the data transfer itself. I would expect the actual data import will be as good as it is in the current version of Ninja Lister as the processing routines would port across (they may even use the same one).
    Last edited by astral276; 7th August 2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Got my eBids and eBays mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    From a quick look that is not the way it works. You login to eBay via one of their secure (https) pages and authorise eBay to issue eBid a key with which to request your listing data be forwarded. So eBid has no access to your eBay account details - or anything beyond that listing data transfer.

You could check with admin here exactly how it works. You must do what you feel comfortable with though. It is not something I will ever need to do so my interest in the mechanics of the process is low to zero.

As for the comparison of the import routine with the early Ninja Lister, they are totally different kettles of fish. Most of the issues with the early Ninja Lister were with the program rather than the data transfer itself. I would expect the actual data import will be as good as it is in the current version of Ninja Lister as the processing routines would port across (they may even use the same one).
    Ah, thanks Mel, either I need to be more observant or that page needs a redesign to make that clear. All I did was click on it and I got taken to ebay.com (not .co.uk) and a sign-in form that said "Sign in with your eBay account to link your account to eBid Ltd". It was not at all clear to me what linking my account meant, I assumed I was giving my credentials to eBid and therefore increasing the risk of my ebay a/c being hacked. Even now you've explained it I'd still want an assurance that the key would only allow read-only access to my account.

As for your second point, yes, totally different kettles, same kettle manufacture project manager. It was a /very/ long time (years) from the announcement of NL's imminence to it arriving. I don't recall what it was like when it did eventually arrive, was everyone happy with it immediately? So my comments were only based on a general observation that companies tend to have a pattern in their product release cycles -- a company that has a smooth rollout on one product, tends to be a good bet for early adoption of the next one. And contrarywise.

So, reading between the lines, it seems you're recommending I take a look at NL for this migration. I'm open to that. I'd welcome hearing that it runs well on Linux, but if not, I can even dig out a Windows pc for the migration only, then go to spreadsheet use longer term.

Does NL import my ebay photos as well? Does it import my listings that have ended, as well as the active ones?

Thanks for your help.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    So, reading between the lines, it seems you're recommending I take a look at NL for this migration.
    I wasn't recommending anything at all; unless my "You must do what you feel comfortable with though" matches with your personal preference of using Ninja Lister.

Does NL import my ebay photos as well? Does it import my listings that have ended, as well as the active ones?
    Never done it (so someone who has is better placed to advise) but my understanding is:

1. Yes to the photos being brought across.
    2. In order to export Active and Ended listings they must first be copied to TL's Inventory ​folder.

Thread Information