eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Bit by the Ebay Scammer bug .

Forum Newbie
    All-About SonicSeller2101
    View SonicSeller2101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Got Bit by the Ebay Scammer bug .

Hello all

im just starting out on ebid . i have sold a few iteams on ebay mostly computer stuff .
    i buy fix and build pc on the side so i usually get a nice parts from people who want to upgrade every 6 months and so on .
    anyways i recently got bit by the scammer bug. i lost almost $400 bucks on 2 video cards they got bought i shipped. but the complaint about 1 week after the sell . he returned it i had it refund. got the box back and went from HD Radeon 7950 to 2 geforce gt 210 card's . after emails and
    fighting with the system i gave up . i herd this place protects the seller and the buyer what advantage do i have selling here . im done with ebay .

Thanks

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Got Bit by the Ebay Scammer bug .

Welcome sonicseller
    Not been on here long myself but one thing i have noticed is there seems to be a hardcore group of ebid members who are extremely honest
    one post on here somewhere is about a buyer asking for help to find a Canadian candle seller because the package finally arrived after 3 months and she wanted to repay him lol. ( with help from others she found him )
    the one thing i have noticed is ebid support seems to be very good.
    As a beginner i messaged them a few times with varying questions and always got a quick and decent reply!
    the one time i did have a problem was when a seller was not responding to me regarding my purchase so i messaged support after 7 /8 days and asked them for help
    Within 24 hours the sale was cancelled paypal also paid me back 24 hours later and the sellers account was blocked.
    she logged on 4 days later back from holiday and sent me an apology message ( ebid support had unblocked her account )
    and i changed the negative feedback that i had left against her ( a nice little feature on ebid that allows you to change the feedback at a later date)
    i then brought the item from the same seller and everything went smoothly,
    in general its a lot more friendly & helpful here and that includes ebid support
    Sincerely Martin

ps: if i understand you correctly the buyer held on to your products and sent old broken one's back instead ?
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 10th July 2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Forum Newbie
    All-About SonicSeller2101
    View SonicSeller2101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sup Silver

no they bought my video cards radeon hd7950 $ a 270 ish card used
    and swap them with geforce gt 210 a $30 card . they bought my item called ebay and or paypal
    said i did not send the item i was selling . so they took his side forced me to do a refund and made him ship back the cards
    i was hoping it was a honest dislike . door bell ranged opened it up . and boom hd 7950 gone instead it was 2 old geforce gt210 .
    i did everything to explain my case i have no proof with ebay these days you have to pretty much video tape your self boxing the item and shipping it all on video . which is a big hassle . anyways im glad to be here and hope i do well .

peace

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid is a venue for a seller to advertise their goods for sale and to bring seller and customer together. They are not a party in any transaction - never handling either the goods or the money. There is not a lot they can do in the event of a dispute post sale. If they accept your version of events they can sanction the other party as regards to their use of eBid in the future - but not much else.

If the US is anything like the UK then protection is geared towards the consumer, and the seller is rather hung out to dry. A seller's only real recourse is (at great expense) legal action.

In the case you cite I can't see that anything but legal action would work, as you have to prove that a fraud has been committed against you. Then, even if you win, you still have to recover the money; which, even when awarded by a court, is not always easy. Hiring a couple of goons with baseball bats may work out cheaper than legal action.

Your best protection is to be well versed in any consumer regulations/laws that apply in your country and conduct your business (be it trade or private) in such a way as to extract your maximum rights out of them. Also know how to dispute a chargeback against a card transaction - many chargebacks go through because the seller does not know the correct procedure for defending against them.
    Last edited by astral276; 11th July 2013 at 12:39 AM.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebay or eBid. How can you prove who is telling the truth? eBid listens but in a case such as this who would eBid favor, buyer or seller?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey, Sonic...welcome to eBid! I took a quick look at your three listings and your About Me page and noticed one thing...you have NOTHING that states your terms of sale, shipping, returns, etc. Think you should be way more specific so as to help avoid future probs.

Also, are there serial numbers, sayon that tower you're selling?? I would put those in your listing(s), too, so if you do get this problem in the future, you've got something to stand on....just MHO...best of luck to ya!

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hallo back sonic,
    Yes it seems you have to just be careful as much as possible and do everything you can just on the basis that any somebody might try it on at any time.
    That being said mate i still think ebiders are more trustworthy then some of the people on ebay
    but obviously that might change as time goes on and some of them move over here
    one thing though i get the feeling that ebid support will ban someone a lot quicker then ebay if they play silly buggers
    Also because of the way the feedback system is here, you can put feedback and then change it later on to reflect any members dodgy behaviour without having to worry too much about repercussions
    on ebay i get the feeling most people wont complain or give bad feedback because they would rather take the hit then get bad feedback themselves.
    on here if someone acts badly and you gave them negative feedback and they gave you bad feedback in return you can approach ebid support to get it removed
    you can also pretty much write an essay in the feedback explaining what happened so your not limited to 50 characters or whatever it is like on ebay
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

I would report it to the police. Far too many of these scammers get away with things like this simply because those scammed just accept the loss. The amount concerned should be enough to get the police interested and if you have the card sent to you then they might have evidence on that.

I once had a case on eBay where a buyer was claiming non delivery. Something just did not seem right and I suspected a scam. I contacted them saying that my sister was a manager at Royal Mail (true), and that I had asked her to check up for me (not true), as if I made a claim that later turned out to be false the a fraud would have been committed. Amazingly the next day they contacted me to say that the parcel had been left with a neighbour and they had now got it.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forget eBay, they're polices are drastically unfair and eBay will not listen to the seller even when the buyer is sooooooo obviously a scammer.

This scammer has effectively stolen your products and committed fraud. Your best and only option is to report this issue to the police and make sure you inform eBay that you are taking this matter to the police. They bought more high end video cards, you sent those very cards, they made a false claim to eBay/PayPal and sent back to you something you did not have listed in the first place. Theft and fraud. Although you may not get the cards back, the important issue here is getting your money back so you are not out of pocket. So, go straight to the police and if you can afford to, get some legal council. It's about time eBay learned that they cannot always favour the buyer. In eBay's delusional world they believe scammers and bad buyers do not exist when they clearly do. eBay's system is hugely unfair and it is about time sellers had solicitors/lawyers digging around eBay's policies. eBay are not doing anywhere near enough to protect sellers from scammers and just generally bad buyers and eBay's policies are reckless and you will find a lot of their policies over the past few years are in conflict with government legislation and laws because of how stupid those policies are, so having a solicitor/lawyer digging around those policies will give eBay something to be scared of because they do not want solicitors/lawyers digging around their policies because they already know their policies are in violation of many things because as a seller you have rights too.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    Forget eBay, they're polices are drastically unfair and eBay will not listen to the seller even when the buyer is sooooooo obviously a scammer.

This scammer has effectively stolen your products and committed fraud. Your best and only option is to report this issue to the police and make sure you inform eBay that you are taking this matter to the police. They bought more high end video cards, you sent those very cards, they made a false claim to eBay/PayPal and sent back to you something you did not have listed in the first place. Theft and fraud. Although you may not get the cards back, the important issue here is getting your money back so you are not out of pocket. So, go straight to the police and if you can afford to, get some legal council. It's about time eBay learned that they cannot always favour the buyer. In eBay's delusional world they believe scammers and bad buyers do not exist when they clearly do. eBay's system is hugely unfair and it is about time sellers had solicitors/lawyers digging around eBay's policies. eBay are not doing anywhere near enough to protect sellers from scammers and just generally bad buyers and eBay's policies are reckless and you will find a lot of their policies over the past few years are in conflict with government legislation and laws because of how stupid those policies are, so having a solicitor/lawyer digging around those policies will give eBay something to be scared of because they do not want solicitors/lawyers digging around their policies because they already know their policies are in violation of many things because as a seller you have rights too.
    The term "innocent until proven guilty" comes to mind. How can someone prove correct item was sent other than video taping the entire packing/labeling/delivering to carrier is performed.

Thread Information