eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious,what did I do wrong now ?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Just curious,what did I do wrong now ?

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    Well said Jack, too many ebid unofficial "sheriffs" on here. Leave the Ebid powers that be to do their job which they do very well. All of us who list honest and open auctions and BIN and try and make a sale (By God it is hard enough) do not need to be policed by third parties when we are doing nothing wrong.
    Alan
    eBid relies on members to help police the site (that's what the report links are for) as they have insufficient staff to do the job fully themselves. Users should make sure of their facts before reporting users/listings though. eBid should also check a report and not just act on it.

As was pointed out, by Jeweleffects, to the OP earlier - they have coins listed under the eBid banknotes category (it's under 'coins' in their user-defined store categories but under banknotes in eBid's categories). This alone would be sufficient to get a listing removed.

If this was the reason someone reported the listing(s) then the report and listing(s) removal were valid.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

We are all human and occassionally make mistakes, especially when we are new and finding our way round this site. I've accidently listed items in a wrong sub category and I'm sure I'm not alone. An short explanation of why the auction was pulled would get have enabled the seller to then check similar listings and put them to rights. Although mine were pulled for duplicate titles, I was told the reason so was able to sort out my error.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    I received an email from eBid support today. They said that ther re-installed the auction. That one of our " Gun carrying' members reported me so they removed it and after they received my message they actually looked at the listing and I had done nothing wrong so they relisted it.
    Thank you eBid support !

To the Member with all the time on your hands that you can be the " eBid Sherriff" , get a hobby, try Coin Collecting !

The rest of you, Thank you for the support !
    Jack

Sounds like an odd thing for support to say, and if this is the auction they 'reinstated' then they should not have as it's STILL in the wrong category.
    Name:  coin.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  52.1 KB

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    I received an email from eBid support today. They said that ther re-installed the auction. That one of our " Gun carrying' members reported me so they removed it and after they received my message they actually looked at the listing and I had done nothing wrong so they relisted it.
    Thank you eBid support !

To the Member with all the time on your hands that you can be the " eBid Sherriff" , get a hobby, try Coin Collecting !

The rest of you, Thank you for the support !
    Jack
    So admin don't bother to even look at reported listings before removing them. That is not good
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

No ebid support allow us to police ourselves i have that as a reply in regards to deleted threads
    I'll post it this weekend i have it listed under my investigations threads but have not got round to posting it all again
    in a single thread.
    I'll get on it, it will be under the heading the case of the disappearing threads ( topic 5)
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

ok posted that message in this thread

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...14#post1540514

and linked back to this one in that thread

the section in ebids response that I think explains what i mentioned before is this:

(We consider the forums your territory and for the members to exchange healthy views and we will try to avoid getting into a direct debate. We have tried to remove the specific inappropriate listings by members to avoid deletion of the main body of the threads in the past which has resulted in a Labyrinth of postings that often have no direct correlation with the remaining or existing thread. Furthermore, and more importantly, we are 'all hands to the pump' and we simply do not have the time to wade through threads to weed out isolated inappropriate postings that can often change the dynamics of genuine postings. This is incredible time consuming. Our priority is to continue progressing and building the site. Therefore, we will allow threads to tick along but if we consider the thread to have become inappropriate and non constructive. IE aggressive, slanderous or threatening between members, we will remove the entire thread.
    If there are constructive points we encourage you to post your message in the 'Website Suggestions' thread. We monitor this section very closely and whilst we may not respond, we do discuss internally.
    Thank you for your continued support on this journey with us.)

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    No ebid support allow us to police ourselves i have that as a reply in regards to deleted threads
    I'll post it this weekend i have it listed under my investigations threads but have not got round to posting it all again
    in a single thread.
    I'll get on it, it will be under the heading the case of the disappearing threads ( topic 5)
    This thread is about AUCTIONS being deleted not about forum threads disappearing

I hope admin are not deleting sellers auctions without checking them just because competitors are reporting them
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 30th June 2013 at 11:09 AM.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

No tony its not about that it was about a member posting auctions in the wrong category and wondering why they had been removed after they were reported !!
    As previous members have already pointed out they were most likely removed because other members had reported them!
    But the member who was asking the question apparently got ebid to reinstall the auctions that were removed after he questioned their removal
    The reason i have posted their response to a similar question i raised as to why threads had disappeared is because its obviously due to the same reasons as stated in their response.
    They act on complaints without really looking and as i have stated in my new thread in regards to that that instead of people just reporting auctions or threads to get them removed that maybe it would be better to just send a private message pointing out the mistake and giving the member a chance to correct the issue.
    As ebid says they leave the forums up to us !!

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

That the auction was rightly reported for being in the wrong category does not alter the fact eBid removed it without checking which raises the prospect of sellers being able to report their competitors just to get rid of the competition

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

agreed mate
    they could have messaged him saying why it was removed or at least asked him to correct it within 24 hours or something
    hopefully they pick up on that

Thread Information