eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone a Wireless Router Expert?

Default Re: Anyone a Wireless Router Expert?

Glad I could help!

Forum Newbie
    North Scituate, Rhode Island, United States
    View QualityShopSales's Feedback (+185)
    All-About QualityShopSales
    View QualityShopSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Possibly you may have interference to the router maybe a 2.4 ghz signal.Or you may have a power voltage issue on the wireless card not able to support to the router.I had a similar issue with a netgear not too sure what model but sounds like the same issue I had.Hope this can help you.Please visit me Ebid store page:

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...i-computer-guy

If you need computer products we have them all.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks to all who have responded.

I have been going through some stuff with Netgear Support - but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Searching the net seems to throw up a lot of similar problems with Kindle Fires. Some even suggest the tablet is designed to throttle the link rate to save power. That doesn't make sense to me - but then I know nothing about wireless stuff.

I don't know anyone else with an N router, so can't pop round and hook into their network and see if things are better - which would point to the router, or the same - which would point to the Kindle Fire. It's also the only wireless bit of kit I have so have nothing to compare it with.

I must admit, the Kindle Fire is not what I would have bought with my own cash, but basically got it free from eBid. It could really do with rooting - but I'm not brave enough.

It's usable, but I would have expected with a N router and N capable tablet I should get near enough full rate with the tablet 6 inches away from the router and not 25% of that.

We have the Netgear N600 Dual Band. The Mrs is the tweeker on that one. I asked her about it and she said that to check out

www.routerlogin.net. That's Netgears for the admin. You should be able to adjust your speed there.

Also this might help out too. It's a vid from YouTube, that looks quite informative. http://youtu.be/x8D5ezIiCig

Good luck

Thread Information