View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What else can a Seller do ?

Thank you Suesjools,
    I have tried 7 of those. Looks like more work to be done,
    Thanks again,
    Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Hi and welcome to eBid. Posted this (selling suggestions) to another thread but it might be helpful here as well:

1) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    2) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    3) Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    4) Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    5) Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    6) Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    7) Check out the Help pages and Astral's FAQs page (info. about signature link on Astral's page), lots of good info. here.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    9) Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    10) List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    11) Use 7-10 day listings instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    12) Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.

Astral's Knowledge Base:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...ries&highlight=

Hope this is some help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

Okay Deano---,
    To keep revising and changing the 80 some auctions is very time consuming but I will play around with it and see what I can do.
    Thank you,
    Jack

QUOTE=deanosaur1972;1533981]I highlighted it in my 'reply with quote'. I wanted to very specifically reply first to that one comment in your post which I deemed to be highly important, so by putting in the color it makes it clearer.

Sometimes putting things in bold lettering or making it colored can make things a bit clearer both in replying to specifics and drawing attention to certain points.

Bin didn't help before..... as I said previously some of the pricing was a bit off the scale - there was an old half penny you had before which was up for something like $18 - widely available everywhere and would be difficult to sell at $2. Get a few things wrong and it creates question marks - the only thing you want buyers thinking about is the buy it now button. Even one listing which creates a major question mark can adversely affect the other listings - the good example is that of all your listings that was the one I was drawn to on a previous thread - and still remember.

You won't get beaten up on here.

By the way - when I joined up to eBid, I didn't get any sales for over 4 months. Next month I will go through my 3,500th item sold on eBid.[/QUOTE]

I go around everywhere and compare prices. Sold and active. Then try to make my pricing decission from that. Kind of average it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    Okay Deano---,
    To keep revising and changing the 80 some auctions is very time consuming but I will play around with it and see what I can do.
    Thank you,
    Jack

QUOTE=deanosaur1972;1533981]I highlighted it in my 'reply with quote'. I wanted to very specifically reply first to that one comment in your post which I deemed to be highly important, so by putting in the color it makes it clearer.

Sometimes putting things in bold lettering or making it colored can make things a bit clearer both in replying to specifics and drawing attention to certain points.

Bin didn't help before..... as I said previously some of the pricing was a bit off the scale - there was an old half penny you had before which was up for something like $18 - widely available everywhere and would be difficult to sell at $2. Get a few things wrong and it creates question marks - the only thing you want buyers thinking about is the buy it now button. Even one listing which creates a major question mark can adversely affect the other listings - the good example is that of all your listings that was the one I was drawn to on a previous thread - and still remember.

You won't get beaten up on here.

By the way - when I joined up to eBid, I didn't get any sales for over 4 months. Next month I will go through my 3,500th item sold on eBid.
    [/QUOTE]

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I couldn't find your items on the US Google Shopping site (though it is known to be a bit flaky).

As your items tend to not have Product Identifiers...have you obtained a Google exemption for your store?

I looked at your auctions and they look average. Your keywords in your title are limited. You prices aren't outrageous and shipping is par. So it's just the buyers haven't been buying. I've gone a couple of months here without a sale but on the other sites I do fine. How is your networking done and have you thought of spreading out a little more for more exposure?

Thumbs down Re: What else can a Seller do ?

i feel the same no sales help

Quote Originally Posted by mollybrown View Post
    i feel the same no sales help
    Hello...

Run til sold listings - better to use a 7 or 10 day listing with the buy it now price.

Keywords:

Lavender Essential Oil - only 3 active keywords, so you would only attract people searching for:

Lavender Oil
    Lavender Essential Oil
    Essential Oils

However if the title was (for example):

10ml Lavender Essential Aromatherapy Oil for Relaxation Stress and Anxiety = 8 active keywords, now you can attract people who are keyword searching:

Lavender Oil
    Lavender Essential Oil
    Essential Oils
    Aromatherapy Oils
    10ml Lavender Oil
    Aromatherapy Lavender Oil
    10ml Aromatherapy Lavender Oil
    Lavender Oil for Stress
    Lavender Oil for Anxiety
    Lavender Oil for Relaxation
    Aromatherapy for Stress
    Aromatherapy for Anxiety
    Aromatherapy for Relaxation
    Aromatherapy Oils for Stress
    Aromatherapy Oils for Anxiety
    Aromatherapy Oils for Relaxation

etc etc etc.......

Your exposure point for the item is far greater with the additional keywords to enable potential buyers to find the item

If you look at the description of that item - the wording is slightly out of synch. Also the picture is of 3 bottles - and the picture is tiny and blurred. As soon as a question mark appears in a buyers mind such as 10ml bottle on the listing but 3 in the picture which can't be seen clearly, then you lose any chance of a sale. The only thing you want a buyer to think about is buying.

If you have 6 of those lavender oils you can put a 6 in the quantity of the listing.

Then there is brand information ?

Thanks for you help x

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey guys,
    well I'm trying this
    Firstly i created a template and every time i add a new coin i just change the pictures coin information and location prices etc etc by going to one of my similar adds and clicking ( sell something similar )
    Secondly i got the Google exemption
    thirdly all my auctions are buy now on 3 day runs with re listing x 10 = so they kind of just keep re listing over and over
    fourthly i have all my coins organised in separate sections in my store and also in little numbered bags at home to stop confusion

When pricing my coins i obviously use Google and seek comparisons but i also use this helpful guide, its a little old but it basically gives you an idea of what you can expect to pay for British coins in a shop.
    http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/values/sixd.html

if i can think of anything else that i have done I'll add it later on

also ticked make me an offer on all adds ( it cant hurt )
    also selling internationally
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 1st June 2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

Silvertrader,
    Just what is the Google Exemption ? Right now I am letting my auctions run out and not relisting. I am into 4 months with no sales and only (1) bid and that was far below the reserve. I have done
    Google checkout
    International sales and shipping
    reduced prices
    Added dialoge on descriptions
    next I will lump all UK coins in one lot, one price
    Lump all world coins in one lot, one price and only list US coins in single auctions

Thread Information