Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What else can a Seller do ?

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb What else can a Seller do ?

I have tried to sell here on eBid. I really like this site ! With that said, I have had 88 items for sale. Sold none, asked questions on Forum and was told to add more details, No sales. Told to remove BIN, no sales,Told to get Google Check-out,no sales.
    Now after 60 days without a sale , I receive an email that I have a duplicate auction and an item will be removed !
    I have added or removed nothing in 60 days . I responded with all of the above information. My next email says, and I will quote it,
    " You may want to concider reducing your reserve price to improve your chances of a successful Sale ". I have not had a single BID in 60 days !

Do you think that if I put a sign up saying , " Free Coins Here "! that this would help ?

Truthfully , I only sell the coins that I do not want or need for my own collections , extras if you will, to enable me to purchase the coins that I need. This is NOT a business with me.

Now , please understand this ! I am not complaining or whining. I am watching others on this site that are moving coins every single day. Is there a tag on my site that I can not see that says , " Go else where to buy " ?
    Just asking for directions, assistance or help. I just removed all items that did not have a view in 60 days. Now What ?
    Thanks,
    Jack

Default Re: What else can a Seller do ?

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    I have tried to sell here on eBid. I really like this site ! With that said, I have had 88 items for sale. Sold none, asked questions on Forum and was told to add more details, No sales. Told to remove BIN, no sales,Told to get Google Check-out,no sales.
    Now after 60 days without a sale , I receive an email that I have a duplicate auction and an item will be removed !
    I have added or removed nothing in 60 days . I responded with all of the above information. My next email says, and I will quote it,
    " You may want to concider reducing your reserve price to improve your chances of a successful Sale ". I have not had a single BID in 60 days !

Do you think that if I put a sign up saying , " Free Coins Here "! that this would help ?

Truthfully , I only sell the coins that I do not want or need for my own collections , extras if you will, to enable me to purchase the coins that I need. This is NOT a business with me.

Now , please understand this ! I am not complaining or whining. I am watching others on this site that are moving coins every single day. Is there a tag on my site that I can not see that says , " Go else where to buy " ?
    Just asking for directions, assistance or help. I just removed all items that did not have a view in 60 days. Now What ?
    Thanks,
    Jack

Jack,

I don't think anyone on this forum would have advised you remove the BIN - that is exactly what you need BIN prices. Buy it now prices on your listings with a listing time of 7 or 10 days.

Buyers will click in to a shop to have a look around. Probably that hasn't helped you previously because some of the pricing was way off the scale when you did have BIN prices - buyers see that and go to the next shop. Will probably take a while for them to return.

Some of those coins you have now are still in circulation - a 1p 1971 coin is still in circulation so it is worth 1p - admittedly you may be able to achieve a higher price from coin collectors in the states but if a 1p coin manages to get 65p in US then half of the UK would be on the next plane over with suitcases of the damn things.

Keywords are important - coin - you only have 12 for sale.
    Great detail Buffalo Nickel 1930 - has only really 3 active keywords: Buffalo, Nickel and 1930.
    Buffalo Nickel Indian Head 1930 Five Cents Coin - has 8 active keywords.

Having a sign up saying free coins here - probably wouldn't help as there is only one active keyword.

The more listings you add the more keyword exposure you have to get people into your shop, adding an extra keyword to an item might not make that specific item sell - but it could be lead-in that sells 5 others.

Why did you remove items that hadn't had a view in 60 days? For example if that item would have sold on day 61 - 1 sale from 1 view - then that is the optimum relevant sale, having an item with 100's of views is a lot less relevant than the 1 sale from 1 view scenario.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good advice, deano....when I read this thread and saw that someone had advised him to remove BIN I almost spit my coffee up!! Yikes! Jack, by using BIN on your listings they will be uploaded to Google Shopping.....

Forum Newbie
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the advice. Tell me something. How did the " Told to Remove BIN" in my original post get high lighted in RED and why ? That is not the way it was written and in fact, I don't know how to do it .

Forum Newbie
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

Thanks but the BIN didn't help either. Didn't get a view and I do have Google Check out but have no idea wheer to see those posts on Google.

Forum Newbie
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

As you read my post , please don't come back and beat me up for what I did or do, I am looking for help. I can get criticized from my wife , I don't need the experts on eBid helping her .

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid. Posted this (selling suggestions) to another thread but it might be helpful here as well:

1) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    2) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    3) Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    4) Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    5) Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    6) Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    7) Check out the Help pages and Astral's FAQs page (info. about signature link on Astral's page), lots of good info. here.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    9) Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    10) List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    11) Use 7-10 day listings instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    12) Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.

Astral's Knowledge Base:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...ries&highlight=

Hope this is some help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are not entitled to sales. If you have items for sale that people want at the right price then you are only a very small step in the right direction

Much more importantly, and probably the one thing you can not do much about, is viable customers

We sell on a range of sites over 100 sells a week, and how many come from ebid - nada. This tells me our products are priced correctly, they are worded correctly but the type of customer we need does not come to Ebid. That is not my fault, nor ebid's it is really just the way it is

If i can liken it to the high street. If I had one shop on the highstreet, and another shop in a backstreet, and everything else is equal, then I will sell more on the highstreet. it is simply where most customers are. So simple statistics says most sales will come from there

It costs nothing to list here, so we continue to do so - more as a marketing tool I suppose. But unless Amazon and Ebay close their doors then for the foreseeable future they are the highstreet and Ebid is the backstreet

I accept that ebid works for some - and good on them, well done.

Thanks for the advice. Tell me something. How did the " Told to Remove BIN" in my original post get high lighted in RED and why ? That is not the way it was written and in fact, I don't know how to do it .
    I highlighted it in my 'reply with quote'. I wanted to very specifically reply first to that one comment in your post which I deemed to be highly important, so by putting in the color it makes it clearer.

Sometimes putting things in bold lettering or making it colored can make things a bit clearer both in replying to specifics and drawing attention to certain points.

Thanks but the BIN didn't help either. Didn't get a view and I do have Google Check out but have no idea wheer to see those posts on Google.
    Bin didn't help before..... as I said previously some of the pricing was a bit off the scale - there was an old half penny you had before which was up for something like $18 - widely available everywhere and would be difficult to sell at $2. Get a few things wrong and it creates question marks - the only thing you want buyers thinking about is the buy it now button. Even one listing which creates a major question mark can adversely affect the other listings - the good example is that of all your listings that was the one I was drawn to on a previous thread - and still remember.

As you read my post , please don't come back and beat me up for what I did or do, I am looking for help. I can get criticized from my wife , I don't need the experts on eBid helping her .
    You won't get beaten up on here.

By the way - when I joined up to eBid, I didn't get any sales for over 4 months. Next month I will go through my 3,500th item sold on eBid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About kubwajack7
    Forum Posts

Hello Graphskill,
    I never though of it that way and you are 100 % correct !
    Thank you,
    Jack

Thread Information