eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare buyer and what is ebid doing to protect sellers?

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Nightmare buyer and what is ebid doing to protect sellers?

I sold an item last Saturday 18th May. Buyer paid using Paypal at 16:21 hrs 18th May. I received a question from buyer this morning Monday 20th May "Where is my item?"
    I cannot post on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday, posted item first class today. Buyer is now threatening to leave negative feedback!!!!!!! Is he nuts or what?
    What is ebid doing to protect sellers?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Nightmare buyer and what is ebid doing to protect sellers?

If the buyer leaves unreasonable feedback you can ask support to remove it, The guys are good and will respond, no robot answers here.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    I sold an item last Saturday 18th May. Buyer paid using Paypal at 16:21 hrs 18th May. I received a question from buyer this morning Monday 20th May "Where is my item?"
    I cannot post on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday, posted item first class today. Buyer is now threatening to leave negative feedback!!!!!!! Is he nuts or what?
    What do you want eBid to do?
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Your buyer has probably got the wrong seller, this does happen sometimes.

I am guessing this is the buyer with a previous purchase with another seller on the 15th May - that one was for over £200.

Simply reply to the message politely that his item ordered from yourself on Sat 18th May is in the post (or when it will be posted) and say that you think he may have sent you the message by mistake.

I don't think the buyer is nuts - likely it is just a simple mistake, sent a message to the wrong seller - makes sense that they may be a little edgy over a £200+ purchase, rather than the purchase from yourself.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 20th May 2013 at 04:20 PM.

As Dean says, possibly a mix up by the buyer. I had one similar over Easter and responded with something like, 'Your item was posted 1st class Tuesday. This was the first business day after the bank holiday'. They responded apologising and said that they had contacted the wrong seller. As soon as they received the item they left me great feedback.

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Protect sellers as well as buyers seems a reasonable request from me. We as sellers are fee paying customers without sellers there would be no buyers therefore no ebid. We do not want feebay mentality on this site.
    Positive answers are the best not replying to a question with a question - feebay tactics methinks

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    What do you want eBid to do?
    Well not answer a question with a question, what is the good of that?

Protect sellers as well as buyers seems a reasonable request from me. We as sellers are fee paying customers without sellers there would be no buyers therefore no ebid. We do not want feebay mentality on this site.
    Positive answers are the best not replying to a question with a question - feebay tactics methinks
    The mentality on eBid is that anybody can be right or wrong, be they buyers or sellers. And if it comes to a decision being made by support a real person will make the decision. As a seller I have had ridiculous negative feedbacks removed on here. It is simply a case of presenting the facts and a sensible decision will be made.

In the case you have highlighted I think it is a slight case of 'the buyer is always right'. We have all had sales where there are problems, it might be a totally unreasonable buyer, but I find that being polite and just continuing with the transaction in the normal way is generally the best way forward. If the buyer does leave negative you will be able to get it removed, as long as you are in the right. That is another reason for contacting the buyer and explaining that the item was sent at the first opportunity, it provides evidence on eBid that ypu have done everything by the book.

The sellers are the fee paying customers for eBid. But without the buyers we are not sellers, simply people who spend time listing goods.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your buyer. I always like to communicate direct with the buyer first. In this case the buyer may have well mixed you up with another seller. They sound like they buy alot. Making mistakes can happen, to both buyer and seller.

As far as eBid goes, the support here is very good for both buyer and seller. Responses are individualized and fair. Unwarranted negative feedback is generally removed by support, be it buyer related or seller related.

If you haven't already communicated with your buyer, I would suggest you start there. Contact support if you need further assistance with the matter. Hope things work out between you and your buyer.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well not answer a question with a question, what is the good of that?
    Oh sorry to upset you

eBid checks buyers details (e,g address, emails & telephone numbers) for you. They don't check whether they can afford to pay you or how patient they are or even whether they are nuts or not.

Does that answer your question
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information